025

Step By Step

025

"Did you realize we haven't done anything?" Jonghyun asked while lying done on Key's bed. Key looked up from his sketchbook and tilted his head to the side.
 
"What do you mean?"

"This is our last summer of freedom and we haven't done anything."

"I beg your pardon, I did a lot of things."

"Like?"

"Well, we had that vacation to the summer house, and I got a job, and..."

"My point exactly. We're still just babies."

"You may be but I am a fully fledged adult."

"Really? What have you done that makes you more of an adult than the rest of us?"

"I helped my best friend cheat on his girlfriend."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"You mean me and Sekyung?"

"No, of course not! I was just reciting a line from a play."

"What play?"

"The dinosaur and the...dinosauress."

"Again, are you referring to me and Sekyung?"

"No, dammit!" Key and slammed his sketchbook on his desk. "What did you have in mind then?"

"I knew you'd give in."

-

"Ohmygod, I can't believe you brought me here. How did we even get in?" Key asked and tightened his grip on Jonghyun's arm.

"I have my ways."

"I thought you said you were still a baby!"

"I am. I have friends that are regulars."

"What kind of friends are they?"

"The ones who know how to par-tay! Come on!" Jonghyun said before dragging Key further into the club.



"Are you thirsty?" Jonghyun asked Key over the music. Key nodded and followed the older boy to the bar.

"What do you want?" Jonghyun asked after they settled down.

"Water?" Key answered incredulously.

"Of course, you goody two shoes."

"Wait, what are you getting then?"

"Mm, nothing too strong."

"Fine. Me too."

"Don't regret it."

"I won't. Unless you're scared, bok bok!"

"You're on."

"Just order the drinks, buddy." Jonghyun narrowed his eyes at the younger boy before calling the bartender over.

-

Key woke up due to the sunlight shining in his eyes.

"What the..." he muttered while inspecting his surroundings. He was in an unfamiliar room. Upon discovery of his body, he screamed.

"YAH! WHAT THE HELL?!" Key shouted and quickly dressed himself. Once dressed, he searched for his phone. He found it underneath the bed and immediately dialed the last person he could remember being with.

"Jonghyun! Would you like to explain to me why I'm in a hotel room?!"

"Just put two and two together. It's not that hard," came the reply.

"Are you serious right now?! Just tell me how I ended up here and who with."

"We got drunk."

"We?"

"Yes, you and me."

"So you're-"

"Yes."

"Where are you right now?" Key demanded.

"Mm, home."

"What?"

"I'm at home."

"Y-w-I-what about me?"

"You're perfectly fine aren't you?"

"You bastard."

"Whatever." Key's eyes widened when the call was cut off. He threw his phone onto the bed and plopped down beside it, rubbing his eyes roughly.



Key pounded his fist on Jonghyun's door relentlessly. The door opened and out popped Jonghyun's head.

"What?" he asked.

"Let me in," Key merely said. Jonghyun sighed before fully opening the door to let the younger boy in.

"What do you want?" Jonghyun asked once they were seated in his living room.

"Yesterday: what happened?"

"I told you. We got drunk and slept together. Simple as one, two, three."

"No, it's not," Key opposed.

"How is it not?" Jonghyun asked with a roll of his eyes.

"What now?"

"What what now?"

"What does that make us, you jerk!?"

Jonghyun let out a dry laugh, "Nothing. We're still just Jonghyun and Key."

"What do you mean?" Key demanded.

"It meant nothing, Key, damn it! Just get that through your head! All this," Jonghyun stood up and waved his hands around dramatically, "means nothing! I was just playing with you, okay?!"

"You mean-"

"YES! Our whole relationship was a lie. I wanted to get in your pants and now that I have, please get out of my house."

"Everything...?"

"From the very beginning."

"Even through all that problems with S-"

"Yes," Jonghyun said through gritted teeth.

"Well then," Key started, trying to keep the tears from falling, "I'll leave now." He stood up and started toward to the door.

"But before I go," Key walked back to the living room, "I want to give you a little something to remember me by." And with that he raised his foot and kicked the older boy where it hurts.

"HOLY SH-" Jonghyun's cry of pain was cut off by the sound of his front door slamming shut.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super short and choppy. SORRYYYY!!!

Hehehe, no one guessed that it was Jonghyun. Surprised???? He was such a sweetheart but it all turned out to be a lie *cries*

Hope you liked the chapter!!! :D

-hanny