No More Dream

The Red Bullet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    "Hey, Rap Monster?" Snigdha hesitantly approaches the leader.

    "How many times do I have to tell you? Call me RapMon for short. The whole thing is kind of embarrassing." He sighs.

    "Ok, RapMon?" She nods.

    "What's up, Iseul?" He asks.

    "Well, it's just that... It seems like everybody has their own set of skills and role in the team. Is there anything that I can do?" She asks as she looks at the others, who all seem to be doing their own thing.

    "Ah, that's a good question. Well, hm... Let me think..." He taps a finger against his chin. "I've got it! Why don't you hang out with the others while they're doing their job, see what they do and try it out to see if you like it."

    "Oh, I can do that." Snigdha nods. "So, what exactly do the others do?"

    "Well, the position as leader has already been filled." RapMon chuckles, gesturing to himself. "But I also double as an engineer. I like taking things apart and putting them back together. It's not the most exciting job, but if you'd like to see how I do it, my office is this way."

    "Ah, alright." Snigdha follows him as he leads her upstairs, where a small office is located in the corner. A desk and a board are both completely covered with papers of various colors. Each one has a unique sketch for a blueprint or several notes all written in a mixture of hangul and english. "Wow, this guy knows both Korean and English? Better make a mental note of that." Snigdha tells herself.

    "Yeah, I'm not the most organized." RapMon says as he picks up a few papers and stuffs them in a drawer. "Probably not a good sign, since I'm supposed to be the leader..."

    "Why were you chosen as leader?" Snigdha asks, hoping that she's not getting too personal. 

    "That's a good question." RapMon laughs. "I guess it's because I know how to stay calm in a situation and figure things out before they get too crazy. I mean, you know what our group was like in the past."

    "Hehe, yeah..." Snigdha laughs nervously.

    "I mean, it's my job to take apart and rebuild these machines that we're able to steal from Uptown police, but it's more common for me to break them and then for Suga to fix them, so we make a pretty good team." RapMon pulls out, what looks like a small gun. "No one in South Korea is allowed to have a weapon, but no one puts up a fuss if an Uptown citizen is carrying something like this." RapMon says bitterly as he begins taking apart the gun, piece by piece.

    Snigdha watches him carefully, as his fingers work quickly to disassemble the weapon. "Hm, this doesn't seem so hard." She says to herself as she sits down and does the same to another gun.

    "Yeah, the hard part is putting it back together though." RapMon laughs as he tries to reassemble the gun, at a much slower pace.

    "Done." Snigdha says and RapMon turns to her with shock on his face to see the gun perfectly reassembled.

    "We-well, we don't know if it works. Try shooting it." He tells her.

    "Alright, but where should I shoot?" She asks.

    "Aim for that broken pipe over there." He points to a dent in a pipe on the ceiling.

    "Um... Ok..." She stands up and aims, then pulls the trigger. The kickback hurts for a second, but when they both look, they see a small bullet, right where the dent is.

    "Whoo, impressive~!" RapMon whistles. "Maybe you should take over as engineer."

    "Ah, I'll think about it." Snigdha smiles and bows before leaving to find the others.

~

    "Um... Jin-Oppa... Do you have a minute?" Snigdha asks.

    "Ah, of course! Anything for my little sis, what's up?" He turns to her while he heats a large bowl of soup over a small fire.

    "Well, RapMon told me that to find my role on the team, I should see what the others do and try it out for myself to see if I like it. So, I was just wondering, was is it that you do as second in command?" Snigdha sniffs the bowl of soup and is surprised by how good it smells. Is he a professional chef of something? She wonders to herself.

    "Ah, well, if anything happens to RapMon or if he's unable to lead the others, then I take over. To tell you the truth, I've never really needed to take charge, but I suppose if something were to happen, I'd do my best. Normally I'm in charge of psychological warfare with J-Hope, but I also cook for the members and when I can, I serve food to all of the refugees." He says as he carries the large bowl of soup and starts pouring a bit into several smaller bowls. An elderly woman or a crippled man pass by occasionally, bow and give their thanks to Jin, before taking a bowl and leaving.

    "Whoa! Who are all these people?" Snigdha asks, when she notices the large crowd, all gathered in one of the larger rooms.

    "These are people that we've rescued from the streets. Some are victims of abuse or neglect, some are on the run from the police because of petty theft." Jin explains.

    "Well, theft is illegal." Snigdha says aloud, but more to herself.

    "Yeah, but what else can you do when you have no money and need to feed your family?" Jin asks.

    "I suppose you have a good point." She says as she continues to watch Jin work.

    "Hey, guys! Look at this huge cat I found!" V shouts to be heard across the room. Snigdha and Jin both turn to look at him as he picks up some kind of creature with scruffy black hair.

    'It looks like it's wearing a potato sack.' Snigdha thinks to herself.

    "V! That's not a cat! That's a little girl! Put her down!" Jin and Snigdha run over to look at her.

    V sets her down as they approach. "Can we keep it?" V asks as he pouts childishly.

    "It's not a cat!" Jin yells again before sighing. "What are we going to do with you?"

    "Hey, what's your name?" Snigdha asks the little girl as she leans down to look her in the eye. She's sitting down and looking up at Snigdha, but she doesn't say a word. "Do you think she speaks Korean?" Snigdha looks up at Jin.

    "Well, it's possible that she doesn't know. We found her at an abandoned orphanage." Jin explains. "It looked like no one had been taking care of her for quite some time."

    "An orphanage?" Snigdha tilts her head to the side and thinks, so she doesn't have parents... Just like me...

    "Well, I think we should keep her." V says proudly as he pets the girl's head, but she doesn't seem to like it. 

    "No one cares what you think, you 4D alien!" Jin grumbles.

    Suddenly the little girl whips her head around and suddenly bites V's hand. "Ah! Get it off!" He screams.

    Snigdha rushes forward and grabs the little girl around the waist, forcing her to release V, but she doesn't budge.    "Jing, spit that out of your mouth! You don't know where it's been!" She hears Jungkook yell.

    "Jing? You named it?" V asks once the little girl releases him.

    "Stop calling her an it!" Jin smacks his head.

    "Ah, yeah... Since the orphanage was previously run by a Chinese owner, I decided to name her after the woman that worked there. Plus it seems to suit her, don't you think?" He explains as he offers the girl some food.

    "Hm, it does." Snigdha smiles at how docile Jing is behaving now that Jungkook is taking care of her. "By the way, Jungkook, what exactly do you do as the 'golden maknae?' How did you get that nickname?" 

    "Ah, well, it's a little embarrassing, but Rap Monster gave me that nickname, because to him, it seems like I'm good at whatever I do. I practice a lot of combat so I'm usually in the training room with Jimin." He tells her as he scratches his neck, shyly.

    "Ah, I see, and V?" She turns to the boy as he's wrapping his wounded hand in a bandage. "I know that you said you were in charge of technology, but what else is there?"

    "I'm a hacker and a technology expert! My job to find out information and improve our weapons!" V says proudly.

    "He's basically a genius and a human calculator, but... He's also super crazy. We think it's because of too many shocks to the brain." Jin says while pointing to his head. Snigdha nods, understanding.

    "All done?" Jungkook asks, when Jing finishes her bread and soup.

    "Hm." She makes a small sound and nods. "Thank you."

    "Oh, so she can talk!" Jin says, sounding surprised.

    "Hey, Jing. My name's Sn- Iseul..." She bites her tongue, hoping that no one heard her. "I"m Jin's little sister. Do you have any older siblings or anyone that can take care of you?" Jing doesn't say a word, but simply shakes her head no. "Hm, maybe she's only comfortable talking with Jungkook?" Snigdha thinks to herself. "He does seem to treat her very well..."

    Jungkook sighs with a worried look on his face. "Maybe you should take care of her Iseul... You guys do look close in age, so maybe she'll trust you after getting to know you a bit more. I'd do it, but I'm really busy with the upcoming plans that RapMon's working on."

    "I can do that." Snigdha smiles at Jing, while thinking. "I never really have hung out with any girls my own age before. Minzy is great, but she's a bit older than me, so she's always treated me like an annoying younger sibling. Maybe this way, I'll get to have a younger sister."

    "Well, I better go to the training room with Jimin. You two have fun!" Jungkook says before waving and running off.

    "And I have a new experiment to work on!" V shouts before running after him.

    "It better not be in the kitchen again!" Jin yells and chases him.

    "Hehe, the boys here sure are lively, aren't they?" Snigdha laughs a little to herself, but Jing simply stares at her with an expressionless face. "I feel like your eyes are burning holes into my head." She jokes, but again no response. "Hm, maybe we should find someone else to talk to so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself here..." She says as she stands and gestures for Jing to follow her. At first she's hesitant, but soon sticks to Snigdha closely when she finds herself in an unfamiliar part of the building.

    "Hey, Iseul, what are you doing here?" Suga asks her when she walks over to him and J-Hope simply lounging on a couch in what seems like the recreational room. It's simple with a couch, a couple of chairs and beanbags, and a large tv connected to the wall.

    "Just looking around." She says as she glances at all of the items in the room. There's also a mini fridge and what looks like a gaming system in the middle of the floor. The boys are also holding what looks like a pair of controllers in their hands. "What are you two doing?"

    "Ah, just taking a break and playing some video games, wanna join us?" J-Hope asks.

    "Maybe another time." She declines politely, but takes a seat on the couch next to Suga. "What game are you playing?"

    "It's an old racing game. The graphics aren't as good as some of the newer games, but it's still pretty fun. Yeah! Beat that!" J-Hope exclaims when his car on the screen passes by Suga's.

    "Yah! I was distracted!" Suga complains, then turns to look at the girl standing in the doorway. "Who's your friend over there?" He nods in her direction.

    "Oh, I'm so sorry! This is Jing!" Snigdha says as she jumps up and leads Jing over to the couch. She pushes her to sit down next to Suga and Jing glances at him, before bowing slightly and scooting over, so that there's a significant amount of space between her and Suga. "Sorry about that, she doesn't seem to be very comfortable with people besides Jungkook and me at the moment." Snigdha apologizes again before taking a seat in one of the beanbags.

    "Does that make you the mom and Jungkook the dad?" J-Hope jokes.

    "Wh-what!? Why would you say that?" Snigdha blushes.

    "Yeah, if anything Jing is more like a pet than a child." Suga teases and Jing glares at him.

    "Careful. She bites." Snigdha warns with smile.

    "So how are you adjusting to the whole 'we're part of an underground organization that's planning on taking down another organization that's run by the government, while at the same time trying to be idols' thing?" Suga asks in an overly long and complicated way.

    "Pretty well, I think." She nods. "By the way, I've been meaning to ask you, what do you guys do when you're training for whatever it is that you do? I remember you mentioning super sight and psychological warfare?"

    "Well, it might be a little difficult to explain, but basically, I'm good at bluffing and getting people to do what I want." J-Hope smiles mischievously.

    "And my super sight allows me to read emotions on people's faces, like right now, I can tell that J-Hope thinks he's going to beat me again, but not this time!" Suga cheers when he presses a button that turns on his car's flame ers, quickly passing by J-Hope's car in an instant.

    "Aw, man!" J-Hope whines.

    "Hm... Reading people's emotions on their faces? I better be careful around him..." Snigdha thinks to herself. "Well, I better get going, but thanks for talking with me!" She gets up and Jing follows her quietly.

    "Where are we going now?" Jing asks, almost silently and Snigdha has to stop to make sure she heard right and that it wasn't just the wind.

    'I'm not really sure, but it's getting late and you need a place to sleep, right?" Jing looks down as if she hadn't thought about that until now. "I'm sure you'll be able to f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter