This should be easy

7 boys, 7 problems

You lift your head off your desk slowly, there was a small spot of drool on the files that you spent all night looking through. You look at the clock -10:32- and stretch. The sunlight shines in through the open window and illuminates the antique bookcase in the corner and highlights all the dust particles. "who do i have today?" you ask yourself. You open your schedule book "ah, Sung Yeol" you sigh. This is your first time for your one on one with the boys. You find them all very intriguing; last night you studied each boys file throughly and researched their illnesses to find the best way to help them. Dong Woo, and Sung Yeol will be easy cases to help you think; the rest will need some heavy coaching; especially Myungsoo (and his alter ego L), along with Hoya. You found out Hoya had been in and out of hospitals since he was a child. He never had a good relationship with his faher but, his mother tried to help him and his two brothers the best she could. His most recent admission was brought on by an outburst at school; he was hearing voices telling him to hurt a teacher and he acted out, breaking a teachers nose. Hoya suffers from undifferentiated schizophrenia, meaning that his symptoms don't match a specific subtype. He is the patient you are most interested and anxious to meet. You get a notebook from a drawer in your desk, open it, and write Sung Yeol's name on the page. The door to your office opens and Sung Yeol peeks in.

"May i come in?" he asks timidly. You smile and wave him in "of course, please have a seat". He walks in slowly and looks around the office. He still has his hair in a ponytail and wearing white gloves. He touches his chair with a gloved hand and inspects it; he seemed satisfied and sat down. You watched the display bemusingly "what were you checking for Sung Yeol?" you ask. He shrugged "germs and dust. Dust are skin cells; skin cells are peoples DNA. What if that person had some kind of disease and i sat in it and inhaled it?" He looked around horrified "doctor, do you have a mask?" You sigh "not at the moment Sung Yeol, try to bear with the fear. Remember, accept it and ride with it. It won't hurt you." You coax gently. You try to switch to another subject "So how has your first week been?" He fidgets with his gloves and looks around "Its been good, the other guys take a bit to get used to and all. I'm not so sure about the food though..." he says. "why?" you ask having your pen poised above your notebook. He tilts his head thoughtfully "well, the food is served lukewarm. everytime i get something here, it's never hot. Germs can't be killed in lukewarm food, it has to be hot." He pauses "I keep telling the cook, but she never listens to me." You nod sympethetically "I'll make sure to bring it up with her." You watc h him tap the side of the chair rythmically, and count under his breath. You write a note down in your book: Has strong obsessions. "can i have that mask now Doctor?" he asks quickly. You decide you've let him suffer enough and open the bottom drawer and take out a colourful face mask; you give it to him. He reaches out with a gloved hand and takes it; he eyes it suspiciously. You laugh "don't worry Sung Yeol, its just as effective as a plain one. I couldn't obviously let my handsome patients walk around unfashionable now could i?" You wink at him; He laughs too. "well" you say "i think that should be all for today. I promise to bring up your concerns to the cook." He looked relieved "i'll still see you around the dorms though Sung Yeol, you haven't seen the last of me!" you chuckle. He stands up and bows "thanks, i'll see you around Doctor." You wave at him and he leaves; You put your notebook away and stand up. "He seems like a nice boy, he might be fairly easy to cure." you think happily. You don't have anyone else to see for a few hours, so you decide to take a walk through the dorms.

You leave your office and go towards the common room; It's almost time for lunch but, the boys should be in there now. You nod to some nurses talking in the hall by the door and walk in. Sung Yeol and Myungsoo (you think) are watching a comedy show on the TV; Woo Hyun and Sunggyu are playing checkers on a fold up white table; Sung Jong and Dong Woo are sitting on the floor playing a game of Jenga and Hoya is sitting by himself talking to no one in particular. You decide not to interupt any of them and walk towards the coffee maker. None of them seem to notice you so you sit with your coffee out of the way; you just want to observe. "Hey i was watching that!" Sung Yeol yelled trying to snatch the remote from Myungsoo. He looked bored and tucked the remote behind a pillow beside him. "I told you i'd watch your ty shows for an hour. I don't care if it's over or not, it's my turn." Sung Yeol huffed and crossed his arms. He stayed silent and watched the TV. L (you're assuming now) took the remote out from under the pillow and tossed it at Sung Yeol. He stood up and stretched "I don't care anymore. I have better things to do." He walked away towards the door. He stopped at the door when he noticed you at the table and walked over. "Hi L" you say cheerfully. He winks at you "Hey, i'm going out for a smoke. I'll catch you later." He flashes you a peace sign and leaves. You wonder why he didn't stay and talk with you But, was interupted in thought by Dong Woo who started making coffee "Hi doctor" He said, grinning broadly at you. You smile back at him "Hi Dong Woo, how are you?" He leans against the counter "Fine. I won a game of Jenga with Sung Jong, so i'm pretty happy about that." You look at Sung Jong who is setting up another game and is glancing at Hoya in the corner every so often. "Thats great." you say "Are you going to play another game with him?" Dong Woo laughed "Yeah of course, he's pretty fun to play with. I'm just making coffee first; Sung Jong asked me to make a coffee for Hoya too. He never talks to anyone except himself, he must be lonley." He said sadly, looking at the corner. You feel a twinge of pain; not only for Hoya but, for the other boys; who know all too well the feeling of lonliness. "That's very nice of you Dong Woo." You say and take a sip of your coffee. He nods and takes the two coffee cups to Sung Jong. He puts one cup on the floor and takes the other to Hoya. Dong Woo sits the cup down on the table in front of him and scurries away. Hoya stops talking and looks at the cup. You pour the rest of your coffee out and get up to leave; But, turn back when you hear the sound of shattered porcelin.