Introductions

7 boys, 7 problems

You fiddle idly with your name plaque on your desk. You are the lead psychiatrist at the Infinity Psychiatric Hospital in the new male youth ward, and are waiting for the first group session of the day. There are seven youth patients on the max security ward. Not that they're dangerous or anything but, beacause they all have some form of serious mental illness that needs to be monitored 24/7. The boys had been in seperate hospitals but, were transfered to the new ward last week. You open the file folder on your desk, containing notes on the patients. The first writeup has a picture of a good looking boy with small dark eyes and a sweet smile; "Kim Sung Kyu. Arrived at Infinity by request of the mother. He was put under 72 hour surveillence and during that time attempted to break down his rooms door and instigate another patient. Has an unstable personality and has deep highs and lows." His notes mention that he's the newest member of Infinity and that he suffers from Bipolar Disorder. You look at the picture once more and flip the page. A cute young boy looks up at you. His features are delicate and has big eyes but, he has a deep sadness to them that you hated to see. "Lee Sung Jong. Arrived at Infinity by suicide attempt and was evaluated under a 48 hour period. Sung Jong appears to suffer from severe depression and body dysmorphia. He has a fiery personality but is good natured..."

You hear a creak at your door and look up. The boy you recognize as Sunggyu sulks in, he looks in your direction and nods. He had straight light red/gold hair flipped into his face and was wearing a grey cardigan and skinny jeans. You watch as he sits in the first chair on your right. Your eyes go to the door as the rest of the group comes in. They all take their seat in front of you. They are all really handsome, you realize. You spot Sung Jong as the pretty skinny boy in front of you. He has floppy brown hair covering his eyes. You close your folder and stand up; You walk to front of your desk and sit on the edge. "So, welcome everyone" you smile "i'm new here,my name is Dr...." "ya, we know already" a gruff voice muttered. Your eyes find the voice in the corner. The boy was leaned up against the wall and his arms were crossed. "Oh" you chuckle "thats ok then, no need for introductions. But, i dont know all of you. To be honest i haven't read your files yet, so i'd like you guys to introduce yourselves." you clap your hands together enthusiastically. You point at Sung Kyu. "How about you go first?" you say, smiling. Sunggyu looks down the row and sighs. He stands up "My name is Kim Sunggyu and thats pretty much it." He sits back down. You laugh "thats all you got? im sure theres more to you then that. what do you like to do Sunggyu, what are your hobbies?" He looks up in thought "well, i like to sing i guess." "thats great Sunggyu!" you smile. The boy beside him stands up, He is taller than the other patients and has an air of maturity about him. You notice that he is wearing gloves and his hair is long and in a ponytail. "Hi, My name is Sung Yeol. I have OCD and i'm a vegetarian." He nods curtly and sits down. You sigh; it might take a bit of prodding to get these boys to talk about themselves. maybe another time. You point to the boy beside Sung Yeol. He smriks arrogantly and stands "My name is L. As you can tell, i'm the visual around here" He sweeps his hands down his side as if to prove his point and the other group members grimace. "I like pina coladas and long walks on the beach and i'm always up for some....fun" He emphisizes the word and his lips. He sits again and tilts his head at you waiting for a reaction. You raise an eyebrow and smile "well, thank you L for that wonderful...introduction." You look at Sung Jong beside him and nod. He doesn't stand "umm....I'm Lee Sung Jong. I don't really have any talents or hobbies or anything. But, i like to draw." He avoids your gaze and looks out the window beside your desk. "Thats good Sung Jong! does drawing distract you?" you ask, glancing thoughtfully at him. He shrugs "Sometimes". You smile and reach down to pat his knee; You thank him and look at the boy beside him. He has wild multicoloured hair and alert eyes; he's fidding with a ring on his right hand. "are you nervous?" you ask gently. He looks up but doesn't give eye contact. "no." he says quickly. He looks away "well....kind of." You chuckle quietly "what exactly are you nervous of?" He shrugs "I don't know. I just am." You nod "Its ok. We can talk about it later if you want. Why don't you start with introducing yourself." He stands up; you immediately notice that he's the shortest of the members. "I'm Jang Dong Woo, I'm 19, i have 2 older sisters, and my family owns a restaurant." He said quickly. "thats awesome Dong Woo, are you close to your sisters?" You ask. You slide off your desks edge and start to wonder around a bit. You aren't sure where to go while talking to the boys, you don't want to give off a "don't care" attitude so you decide to sit down in the extra chair next to Sunggyu. "Yeah, we're pretty close. My sister was a dancer and taught me to dance. I don't see her much nowadays though" Dong Woo says, still fiddling with his ring. "thats too bad Dong Woo, perhaps we can arrange something. would you want that?" you ask sincerely. He lights up a litle and smiles "yeah that would cool". You smile back; you notice that he has really white, large teeth that take up his face when he smiled; it was nice to see. You thank him and ask him to sit down and you move over to the next boy. This boy had similar hair to Sung Jong and he had a bright face. When he stood he was about the same height as sunggyu with a lanky body and long legs. He smiled wide at you and made a heart sign with his hands. You couldn't help but groan inside. "Hi, my name is Nam Woo Hyun, i'm an Aquarius and i have a Histrionic Personality Disorder." He kept his grin and sat down again. "oh" you thought "thats different". "thank you Woo Hyun" you say smiling. The last boy in the row was huddled into the corner, with his arms over his chest. He was wearing a grey hoodie with the hood up and jeans. He immediately intrigued you. He didn't stand up "I'm Hoya and i'm 18. I'm not really in the mood to talk about myself right now" He said quietly. You lean forward to look at him, his face was hidden by his hoodie. "Well, would you like to talk about yourself with me later?" you ask. He shook his head "no." You didn't want to push him on your first meeting "i'm here whenever you need me." you say gently. You stand up and look sincerely at the boys in front of you "that goes for all of you...ok?" they all stay silent and nod. L gives you a thumbs up. "I'm not here to judge any of you. My job is to listen, help and support. You'll all have one on one sessions with me once a week, and group sessions once a week. That can all be changed depending on each persons need." you pause then continue "there will be outings and some fun stuff going on this month, so you you guys won't be stuck here all the time." You smile and clap your hands in closing "It was great hearing about all of you, If any of you want to stay behind after meetings and talk i'm always around. any questions?" there was nothing but silence again. You wave your hand towards the door "alright, you guys are free to go." They all stand up to leave. None of them look at you, except Woo Hyun who throws you a heart.

You sigh, it will be difficult to get them to open up to you. They are used to talking to doctors and they may not have had the best experiences. The door to your office closes. You go to your desk and sit down. They're all very intersting, you think, i can't wait for our one on ones.