what else can go wrong

7 boys, 7 problems

You turn around to see Hoya standing over the broken mug and spilt coffee. His face shone with intense anger; directed at Dongwoo. "you tried to poison me!" he yelled. The other Infinity patients turned to look. "no-no i didn't" Dongwoo said shakily. "yeah right, i saw you put something in it before you gave it to me. I saw the acid." Poor Dongwoo was shaking like a leaf, he looked at SungJong for help. Sung Jong stood up and stood in front of Dongwoo "ya! he didn't try to poison you. I told him to make you a coffee because you looked lonely." Hoya stepped forward "oh so it was you." he scoffed "i didn't think you were capable of that, kid" He lifted his fist and you start to run towards them to break it up But, L sprinted past you and grabbed Hoyas wrist. "ya!" he snarled "what are you doing?" Hoya yanked his arm back "those kids tried to poison me! what? are you in on it too?" L laughed "yeah, you know, why we would try to poison you? we don't give a , you're not that important." Hoya stepped back. For a second, you thought he was going to burst into tears but, he just walked away. As he goes by you, you try to grab his shoulder but he shuffles out of your reach and leaves the common area. L shakes his head and turns towards Sung Jong, he touches his arm "you ok?" he asks. Sung Jong sniffs and jerks away from L. He turns and runs after Hoya. "ya!" L yells "I just saved you from getting beat by that jerk and you don't even thank me?!" He laughs incrediously and sits down in the chair Hoya was in. Dong Woo was still shaking and stayed silent. You walk up to them "L, i thank you for helping. But, you should have let me handle it." He rolled his eyes, he stands up and walks away "whatever". You touch Dong Woos shoulder "Do you want to talk about what happened Dong Woo? my office is always open." you say gently. "no thank you." he said quietly. You nod and he sits down with the Jenga game that was interuppted and just plays with the little wooden peice in his hand. You turn away and look at the other boys in the room. They were no longer looking at the scene in the back of the room and have turned their attention back to their previous activites, apparently oblivious. As you leave to talk to Sung Jong and Hoya you hear Woo Hyun on the couch tell Sunggyu "In my last hospital, some kid went nuts and threw a chair right through a window. It was awesome!"

You walk down the white hallway to the patients rooms. The nurses and other doctors nod at you as you pass. You wonder to yourself if you can actually make a difference in those boys' lives; You wonder what things have happened in their lives to make them like this. In medical school (which was awhile ago) you were told that almost all disorders have a definite genetic component to them. After all your time helping and dealing with mentally ill teens, there wasn't one that you could find with a genetic factor involved. All of the teens had environmental factors playing into their illness. They were treated like crap at home, then bullied at school; of course most of the kids who were beat and whatnot had one parent or both who were suffering from some form of mental illness, not because of an actual genetic cause, but because they were also a product of their environment. That's not to say that there aren't parents who are seemingly perfect and still have a child with mental illness. In your experience, most, if not all, cases have some kind of environmental issue going on. You begin to think that maybe you should talk to the boys' parents.

You reach Hoyas door and pause outside. You could hear two voices talking. "I'm so stupid...i was told that you guys were going to poison me....i never should have believed it.....god, i'm so stupid!" you hear a sound like someone punching a wall. "no....i understand. you're not stupid hyung, it wasn't your fault." you hear Sung Jongs small voice try to calm the older boy down. There was a loud silence. "and....for what its worth....i think you're important....i would care if you died..." "yeah right." Hoya scoffed "it doesn't matter, that L guy is a douchebag anyway." You hear the bed creak as someone sits down "i know he is. But, when Myungsoo comes back, don't be mad at him about it, ok?" Sung Jong said quietly. "I won't. Even though the voices in my head are telling me to kick his til next tuesday." Sung Jong sighed and someone got off the bed. "alright. well, i'm going back to play Jenga with Dong Woo hyung. You really scared him you know?" you heard the door handle jiggle then stop. "yeah....i know. Listen, can you tell him i'm sorry?" The door to the room opened "tell him yourself." Sung Jong said then closed the door. You tried to lean on the wall to look casual like you hadn't just been eavesdropping. Sung Jong noticed you and smiled "hey Doctor. Are you going to talk to Hoya hyung? he's calmed down a bit." You smile back "I was, yes.....but it seems you've done it for me. I'll leave him alone for a while. what about you? are you alright?" You stop leaning on the wall and touch Sung Jongs arm. He shrugs "i'm ok now. I understand why hyung's like that." You nod and pat his arm "you are very understanding Sung Jong, Hoya should be happy to have you." you sigh "i'm afraid most people would behave like L in that situation." Sung Jong nods "oh" you say as Sung Jong turns to leave "When Myungsoo comes back can you tell me please? We haven't met yet and i'm sure he's confused." Sung Jong laughs "yeah sure. He was here last night I think....I saw him playing chess with Sunggyu hyung around midnight and i know L hates chess" Sung Jong waves goodbye and goes back to the common room. You think about Myungsoo for a bit on your way to your office. You wonder if L has told him about you or not. At least you know he comes out.

You reach your office quickly and notice the door is slightly open. You know you closed it when you went to see the boys. You open it quietly and go in; A black haired woman sits in front of your desk. Her hair is in a tight bun and you can see white gloves on her hands that are on her lap. "Ma'm?" you ask walking closer to her. She doesn't turn around and sniffs loudly "I'm here to get my baby."