Fifteen

Maybe You're More Than A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngji was normally a morning person. She would usually have tons of energy even before the sun has risen up. Today was an entirely different day. Her eyes were slightly opened as she weaved her way into the kitchen, not bothering to comb her messy bed hair. She opened the fridge to grab soy milk and steamed the milk. She took a deep breathe of the rich bitter scent as the coffee was being brewed in the espresso maker.

“Mmmh” Youngji sipped her vanilla latte, hitting her in the right spot.

It was the perfect remedy for making any day better. She really needed the cup of coffee in order for her plan to win Jackson back to work. She needed Jackson in her life more than ever if not as her boyfriend, but as her best friend even if her feelings for Jackson had to be placed in the backburner. There was no one else who she found who had such similarities and who she rather speak with happiness.

Youngji wiped a tear quickly when it slipped through her eye. There was no use crying. That night, she had cried so much that her makeup unnie had to apply so much makeup to cover the red blotches on her face the next day.

Ring! Ring!

“Hello, unnie” Youngji picked up and answered her phone. Her manager was going to tell her the details of the filming.

 “Youngji, I finally got the location for the CF filming today. It’s actually two days and one night. Pack light. They have all the camping equipment. Taebaeksan Mountain, Taebaeksan Provincial Park, Gangwon-do. It’s going to be a long day. It takes a couple of hours just to get there.” Her unnie’s voice echoed through the phone.

Two days? Camping with Jackson? Youngji gasped. She wasn’t sure she could handle the intensity. It’s not like Youngji could complain about the trip. It was almost like a fun outing. Almost.

“Ehhh? Overnight?” Youngji placed her latte down on the kitchen table, “Taebaeksan Mtn? What are we going to film there?”

“It’s a four hour hiking roundtrip plus a couple of hours doing the photoshoot at the campsite. There’s plenty of free time in between. Youngji, since it’s the winter time right now, I heard the snow flowers are going to be just amazing.”

“Okay” Youngji nodded.

“It’s not real flowers. They’re branches covered in snow that imitate white flowers.” Her manager said, “Also the hike is said to be really easy. I’ll pick you up in thirty minutes.”

Youngji bid goodbye to her manager unnie as she took another sip of her vanilla latte. Not a second later, her phone buzzed again.

 

From: Jaebum

Morning, Youngji! Have a good CF filming! Will you make some time with me in your busy schedule this week?

 

Youngji bit her lip before walking to the bathroom. The past few days she realized that JB may like her. The signs were all there. It was just that she didn’t recognize it. It turned out JB might have asked her out only she didn’t know it was actually a date.

“What should I do?” Youngji brushed her hair.

The last thing Youngji wanted was to hurt JB like she felt with her unrequited love in the past.

 

--

 

Her manager dropped off Youngji at the entrance of Korea Tourism Office along with her backpack. The cf director saw her and waved her over to where Jackson was also standing.

“Morning, Youngji. This is going to be so much fun even though the KTO president sadly won’t be able to join us.” The director continued, “The CF offers the beauty of Korea outside the city life. We will be filming once we get out. Taebaeksan Mtn. is beautiful during the winter.”

While the director was giving basic directions and general feeling for the CF, Youngji peeked at Jackson, who was wearing a black cap. He didn’t greet her, but then again she didn’t either.

“We want a fun, cute, and lovely atmosphere. Hopefully this CF can show to family, friends and couples as a romantic, winter wonderland adventure.” The director smiled as he left Youngji alone with Jackson.

“Morning, Jackson” Youngji didn’t know why her greeting came off as nervous and shy. It was probably a while since she saw him.

Jackson just nodded once before walking towards the black van. Youngji felt her jaw drop as she followed his footsteps towards the same van.

“Is he really not going to talk to me? Did he forget what he said before?” Youngji opened the van to see Jackson staring at her.

“Give me your phone.” It was the first time Jackson said to her once she stepped inside the van to go to Gangwon-do.

Youngji bit her bottom lip in anger, but she obediently handed over her phone to Jackson. Jackson grabbed her phone in a way that their hands never touched. Not that it bothered Youngji.

“What if I get a phone call from my mom?” Youngji asked.

“I will hand it to you.” Jackson said while looking at her phone.

The driver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter