Chapter One

Going For The Gold

Author's Note: Yay, i got a comment on the first chapter :) I changed the lead male from Dongwoo to Sunggyu because not only is Sunggyu my bias in Infinite, but the way i wanted the story to go would make Dongwoo seem a bit OOC, and i didn't want that. I hope you still continue to read :)  Spots are still open for those who would like to suggest a contestant on the show. If not, i'll pick them :) And anyone want to make me a poster?


Samantha was all smiles as she and Na Eul met up at a coffee shop on the first day of the filming. It was almost seven in the morning, and they needed to be at the SBS building by ten in order to get ready for the show, but it still left a little time for a cup of morning coffee to get their systems going.

"So, are you excited?" Na Eul asked as she sipped on her Caramel Machiato. "This'll be your first time on television since the accident."

"It should be fine- we've been over the itinerary almost a thousand times and it shouldn't be that hard. I just can't wait to finally skate in front of an audience again. It's been awhile since others have seen my routines." Samantha responded with a smile. "And it'll be good to see the other skaters as well."

The entire week before the performance had been spent with the rest of the skaters participating in the show. They'd gone over the rules of the competition, how things would operate, and decided on the order of performance for the first show. It had been decided that, instead of a group performance like the first season, each skater would get five minutes of solo ice time to do whatever the liked, be it a routine or just talking about themselves. Samantha had decided to show a new routine she'd been working on for the past couple of weeks that she'd just perfected, and she was eager to come back into the entertainment world with a bang.

"Do you know who the idols will be?" She asked Na Eul with an eager smile. She knew that her friend had gotten the information long ago, but was tight lipped about letting it slip.

"I'm not telling so stop asking me, you'll only get a headache trying to find out." She responded with a shake of her head. "Besides, it doesn't matter who's going to be there- you don't get to chose your partner. They choose you."

"Ah, right..." Samantha sighed. Secretly, she was hoping that her partner had at least some skating experience. It was hard to do a routine with someone who'd never stepped onto an ice rink before.

"Anyways, we should get going before we're late." Na Eul broke her from her thoughts, and the two got up once they left money for the bill.


"Annyeonghaseyo, welcome to SBS and Kim Yuna's Kiss and Cry." A woman greeted the two friends as they entered the indoor ice rink that would be used for the telelision show. "You are...?"

"Samantha Park, and this is my friend Han Na Eul." Samantha replied with a polite smile and bow. "We were told to be here by ten to get ready for filming."

"Ah, yes." The woman replied. "Please head behind the ice rink to the door and you'll find yourself in the women's dressing room." Na Eul and Samantha thanked the woman before going in the direction they'd been told.

"Wah, it's the first time i've seen an indoor rink in a broadcasting company." Na Eul commented as she stared out at the smooth ice. "It must've cost a fortune to get it put in." Samantha only nodded her head, pulling along her small rolling suitcase which held her costume, make up, and skates for the day's performance. They reached the door with a sign that said 'Women's Changing Room' and walked in.

"Annyeonghaseyo." They greeted the skaters who had already arrived.

"Ah, Na Eul-ah!" Hyerim exclaimed as she stood up from her spot on the complimentary couch. "I haven't seen you since Japan two years ago!" She walked over and gave her former coach a hug before doing the same to Samantha. They'd been teammates back when they were both on the Naitonal Team, but Hyerim had retired at the ripe age of 27 about four years ago. Now she was happily married and had two beautiful children with her figure skating partner, David Oh.

"It's so good to see you again, Hyerim-ah!" Na Eul responded with a happy laugh. "How are litte Kyumin and Hana?" Samantha left the two to their conversation and walked over to a spare vanity space, setting her suitcase on top and opening it. She quickly got dressed in a blue costume with rhinestones all over it and ties her hair up in a bun before starting on her makeup.

fnImage.cfm?imageid=1544 

"That's a pretty costume, Samantha-ssi." A quiet voice said, and the 19 year old turned to see Kim Na Young. She used to be the youngest female skater at 21 to have ever successful landed a quadruple jump, but ended up breaking her when performing one at the Championship Expo in Moscow.

"Thank you, Na Young-ssi." Samantha responded with a smile. The two had never really been comfortable around each other for reasons unknown to them both, but they continued to speak with formalities even until this day.

"Hey guys!!" Kang Sumi said as she entered with Jang Dasom by her side. The two had been best friends since they were kids, and had both retired at the same time to go to college and get their education. Some say they were stupid for giving up the chance to be Olympic medalists, but to them it made more sense to get an education then win a medal. "Ya'll ready to kick some ice skating ?!" The other girls in the room nodded, and the rest of the time was spent getting ready for the performance ahead.

Samantha sat quietly on the couch with her ipod in her ears. She was going through her routine by , turn by turn. She couldn't afford any mistakes on her first appearance since her accident at the Olympics. She wanted people to see how strong she'd become, that she wouldn't give up that easily.

"Five minutes 'til broadcast." A woman with a clipboard told them. All five girls stood up and gathered the things they would take with them out to the ice.

"Good luck you guys- make me proud!" Na Eul said as she took her spot in front of the TV to watch the show from the changing room.