Forever

Forever

"Ouch" Nichkhun yelped, pulling his hand from his face and his thumb from his mouth. He had been consistently gnawing away at the skin there for the past hour, eyes glued firmly on the back of one Choi Minho as he busied himself, playing with all his hyungs, laughing and (from where Khun sat) what looked to be flirting with each and every one of his handsome sunbaes.

Glancing down at the bitten and broken skin of his red thumb, a tiny bit of blood escaped from the crease between his nail and the beginnings of his hand, Nichkhun sighed out loud.

Feeling pangs of jealousy when watching his lover interact with other men was perfectly acceptable, causing himself actual physical pain as he looked on, was not.

‘Get over yourself man’ he silently scolded his own actions

Eyes still observing the damage his teeth had caused, Nichkhun missed the other man approaching him. It wasn’t until a shadow cast over the view of his wound, did he look up to see the newcomer.

"Hey" Minho grinned down at his hyung as he gently nudged his lover's foot with his own.

"Hey you" Nichkhun returned the greeting with a smile that reached his eyes. It always did when Minho was this close to him.

"So" Minho began as he kneeled down beside the other man, before slipping backwards and onto his , leaving not even an inch of space between both their bodies.

Nichkhun glanced over at his dongsaeng before his eyes fell back to his self-inflicted injury.

"Which one was it?" Minho enquired, hint of a smile on his voice

Brow furrowing and knitting together, a frown spread across Nichkhun’s lips as he raised his head, his confusion filled eyes meeting with Minho’s laughing ones.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean" his younger lover continued as he reached over to push a stray strand of hair, back inside his boyfriend’s beanie hat

"Which of my beloved hyungs made you chew your way through half of your own hand?" his dongsaeng laughed.

Nichkhun felt his face flush a tomato shade of red.

"I….I" he stuttered

Minho tutted as he looped his left arm through his other half’s right one. His hand trailed down until it found his lovers, taking the abused digits into his own.

"You need to stop getting so jealous babe" Minho whispered low enough so that just the two of them could hear.

A sigh passed Nichkhun’s lips "I know Min, it’s just ….."

"I know why Khunnie, but you have to stop it. I don’t see anyone but you, really I don’t"

Nichkhun shifted his position, so he was facing his lover, feet touching.

"What about Donghae?" he hated asking, he really did, but his jealous streak wouldn’t leave, not if he thought there was any chance whatsoever of the ‘flaming charisma’ leaving him for another. Someone better looking, someone he saw every day, someone in the same company as himself.

Minho moved his body into the same position as his hyung, his eyes full of conviction falling hard onto Nichkhun’s.

"He is one of my closest friends" the younger man paused, searching his boyfriends eyes to see if that would appease him any. Knowing it wouldn’t, he continued

"As is Changmin, Eunhyuk, Hongki, Junho and any other hyung or sunbae I happen to meet along the way."

Minho slid himself closer to his lover, his hands reaching up to caress his other half’s biceps.

Nichkhun smiled. A genuine, full, loving smile that he reserved only for the man before him.

"I know people jokingly call me the hyung , and it’s kind of funny, I mean, I do have a lot of friends that are older than me" Minho laughed "But there is only one hyung I could ever be in love with, no one else comes close. You have no competition, whatsoever"

Nichkhun felt bad at having pushed the issue. He knew Minho loved him, he was in no doubt of that fact, he was just scared. Scared, because he had never felt so strongly for another person as long as he had lived, as he did for the beautiful rapper. His entire life was Minho. The fear of one day no longer being enough to satisfy his lover, broke his heart, and it hadn’t even happened yet. He prayed it never would.

"I feel like such a little " the older man whispered. His lover barely caught the words.

Minho’s brow furrowed "What do you mean?"

"I mean" Nichkhun looked deep into his dongsaengs eyes "I mean, here I am constantly getting worried that you will fall for someone else, constantly needing reassurance like a ing girl"

SHINee’s rapper laughed "Babe, you are hardly a girl"

Ceasing his caressing of his lovers jacket clad muscled upper arms, Minho slid his hands down to once again take his hyungs into his own. Nichkhun smiled in spite of himself.

"I get jealous too you know"

Nichkhun cocked an eyebrow at his dongsaeng.

Minho nodded "Yep, I get jealous all the time about you and Victoria, or you and some other girl you are doing a promotional thing with" A sly grin spread over the younger man’s lips before he continued "It’s just that I know how to hide it better than you"

"Oi" Nichkhun gently squeezed his lover's hand, causing Minho to laugh a little, that beautiful, contagious smile settling on his lips.

"Thing is though, none of us need to worry, we know how we feel for each other and nothing will ever change that"

Nichkhun nodded his agreement

"And if it ever did, lets promise here and now that we will tell one another, rather than continue living a lie" Minho’s face as serious as his lover had ever seen it as he spoke "Ok?"

"Ok" The older man nodded

Their right hands that were encompassed with one another, slowly slid back until they were connected only by their pinkies, their thumbs coming up to meet and seal the promise.

"They are words I will never speak though, not when I’m dating the prince of Thailand" Minho grinned

"Nor will I, not when I’m dating such an ace" Nichkhun returned the smile.

"Not to mention such a "

A gasp escaped the younger man’s mouth

"Hyung "

Nichkhun nodded "Yeah, sorry, slip of the tongue" one side of his lip curled cheekily upwards

"" Minho breathed, smile never leaving his lips.

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Junho’s head -which was tipped towards the ground, admiring the shoes he had been given to wear for the event- was quickly brought towards the other man standing beside him, huge grin on his laughing face.

"What?" he asked

"Ah, it’s just those two" Onew tilted his head towards the couple sat in the corner, mostly hidden from prying eyes by a concrete wall.

"What about them" Junho’s confusion furthered

"They are being way too obvious today" Onew glanced at his dongsaeng "Don’t you think?" he asked

Junho cast his eyes in the direction of his band mate and sunbae. Studying the pair for a moment or two before he answered

"Yeah, they are. Personally though, I think they have been a bit obvious for the whole of this past year"

Thinking about it for a second, Onew found himself nodding.

"Yeah, that’s true. Should we tell them?"

"Nah, leave them to it. They are happy, that’s all that matters"

Again, Onew was nodding in agreement.

"If they begin to get obvious to the point where a blind man could see it, then we will tell them" Junho smiled as he finished

"Yeah, good plan"

"I know"

"If they get as obvious as you and Chansung, then we will definitely tell them" Onew began walking away, nodding at his own words.

"WHAT?"

Junho stood mouth agape, completely lost for words, before he huffed out his annoyance.

"Yeah, until then…………"