Just the Beginning

Forever and Always: The Finale (3/3)

Key and Amber, tired from all of the work they got done that day, were sitting in the middle of a room. Key was resting his head on the side of the bed. Amber was actually in it. Their hands were entwined, and it was the sweetest sight somebody could see.

The little girl started crying from the place in her bed. Key heard it first. He woke up with a startle, but he was still able to get up and go see what was wrong. He stood in front of the little bed with a small, proud smile on his face. “What are you doing up this late, Min Hee?” He picked the baby up with the tenderest touch.

Key gently rocked the baby back and forth in his arms, coaxing her to sleep. He started to sing a lullaby. “Hush little baby, don’t you cry. Momma’s gonna buy you… Oh, gosh, I forgot again. This is why your mommy’s the best. She never forgets this kind of stuff. You’ve got the best mommy, too, you know. She’s beautiful, she’s lovable, she’s… perfect. You’re going to be just like her when you grow up.” He kissed the top of the baby’s head. She was finally asleep. He put her back in the bed.

“Have I ever told you how good you are with children?”

Key turned around, startled. He exhaled and smiled. “You scared me, Amber-ah. And no, you haven’t.”

“Oh? Well how about when Ki-Tae was born? You got up every night to take care of him so I could sleep. You risked your work, and your sleep was severely affected. I kept telling you what a great dad you were, and I can see that it’s only gotten better.” Amber smirked as Key blushed. He didn’t remember that. He must’ve been too sleep deprived.

He sighed and walked over to Amber in her hospital bed. “You’re just as amazing. Do you remember when I tell you that?”

Amber smiled. “Of course. It’s every minute of every day. You just can’t get enough of me.”

Key sat down in his chair next to the bed. He took hold of Amber’s hand. “No way. You’re too mysterious. My curiosity will forever be sparked.” He winked and made her blush. He loved the sight.

 

The new family of four walked into the office of the best photographer in town. Key walked up to the desk. Ki-Tae took interest in a camera somewhere in the room, and went to go check it out. Amber followed him. She knew he’d get himself in trouble if he wasn’t careful.

“We have a reservation for one hour today. The Kim family.”

The lady looked up and asked, “Kim Ki Bum?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

The lady smiled. “Alright. You can go now. He’s been ready for a while.”

Key grinned back. “Thank you.” Then he turned and went to his family. “Let’s go. The photographer is ready for us right now.”

Amber took Min Hee to the back without her seat. Key grabbed Ki-Tae and followed Amber. They entered the room. The smell of roses and chocolate filled their nostrils. “Wow, it smells so good,” Amber chided.

“Thank you. I try to please my customers.”

Key recognized that voice. He turned around and saw none other than the one and only Lee Kiseop from U-KISS. “Kiseop-ah?”

Kiseop smiled. “Hey, Key. Glad you could make it.”

“What are you doing here? I didn’t know you were the photographer.” Key smiled and set Ki-Tae down.

“I don’t,” Kiseop admitted. “My uncle does. I just asked to take the pictures since I want to try being a professional photographer. It’ll be a challenge getting Ki-Tae to settle down and pose, but that’s just the fun part about it all.” Kiseop smiled and caught Ki-Tae to pick him up. “Children first.”

Ki-Tae smiled and cheered, “Kiseop hyung is taking pictures of me first! Weee!”

Amber chuckled, shaking her head. Sometimes her son could be completely crazy. He got that from his father.

Kiseop took Min Hee and placed her on a fluffy purple blanket in front of the camera. He set the background as a castle behind her. She was the princess for the day.

He took really great pictures of her, and the happy parents loved the outcomes. Min Hee actually smiled in one. Kiseop held a squeaky duck above the camera and quacked it until she laughed. That picture was Key’s favorite.

Then came Ki-Tae. “Alright, Ki-Tae. Look up here for Hyung. Smile big, okay?”

Ki-Tae smiled at first, but then frowned and whined to Amber, “Mommy, I have to go potty.”

“Just smile and we’ll go to the bathroom after it’s over,” Key said.

“Okay.” Ki-Tae pouted.

“Come on, Ki-Tae, can you smile please?” Amber begged. “If you smile, Mommy will make Alexander hyung give you a piggy back ride the moment we get home.”

Ki-Tae’s little face lit up happily. “Yay!” He smiled enthusiastically at the camera. Kiseop cheered, “Keep smiling Ki-Tae! You can do it!” He took one picture, then another and another. Before Ki-Tae knew it, all the pictures were taken. It was Key and Amber’s turn. Ki-Tae was going to the restroom by himself. Amber thought he was big enough to it on his own without getting into too much trouble. Besides, that lady at the front desk was there to watch him and make sure he stayed safe.

Key took Amber by the hands. She smiled and moved closer to him. Kiseop pushed them together as far as they could go. “Oh, nice shot. Don’t move!” He rushed back behind the camera. The picture was taken of the married couple smiling enthusiastically in each others’ arms. They looked totally in love. Over the course of five minutes, fifteen more pictures were taken of various poses and facial expressions. Kiseop was having fun experimenting with the couple.

Kiseop checked the time. “Time’s almost up, guys. We should take one final picture before you go.”

Amber nodded. “What do you want us to do?”

“Key, stand a little farther to your right. Amber, go the opposite direction. Now, connect your hands. Look into each others’ eyes, and don’t move. This picture is symbolizing the simplicity of true love. No words are needed to say how you feel when you’re in love and can tell exactly what your lover is saying just by the way they look at you.”

Kiseop bent down for the last picture. He snapped the camera and the picture was taken. He looked at his work. He smiled and the couple walked over. “How does it look?” Amber asked.

“Amazing,” Kiseop honestly answered. He moved out of the way so they could see.

Honestly, it looked like it belonged to somebody happier and better than what they thought of themselves when really, it was them in their happiest state: Together.

Amber hugged Key’s waist. She felt satisfied the picture had turned out so good. Key took her into his own arms. He had one final thing to say after a kiss with his beautiful wife:

“This is just the beginning to our true love story.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Well... This is the end... Ah, Imma cry T.T I don't like ending something I work so hard on, but the results always feel good. Especially with amazing readers and commenters like you guys :) I'm so glad that every one of you have subscribed--the ones that have been here since the dance competition all the way to the Key's last words. Thank you, again, for being here with me while I put all of my heart and soul into this story <3