Another One

Forever and Always: The Finale (3/3)

Amber and Key eventually got their night, and Key got his wish granted. But over the next week, Ki-Tae started acting weird. So did Amber.

One morning, Key woke up to perfection—his wife sleeping in his arms and his child sleeping next to her because he got scared of a nightmare the night before.

Feeling a sudden urge for it, Key bent over Amber’s head and placed a soft kiss on the side of her scalp. “Wake up, Beautiful,” he whispered in her ear.

Knowing Key’s voice like the back of her hand, Amber smiled and gently rolled over, making sure to not let Ki-Tae fall to the floor. “Good morning, Oppa.”

Key smiled. He loved Amber’s voice in the morning. “Let’s go get some breakfast. Wake Ki-Tae up.” He climbed out of bed. He walked over to the bathroom. Key closed the door lightly, getting ready for a really short shower.

Amber sat up in bed. She felt dizzy and really nauseous. She didn’t know what it was, so she stuck to her job. She shook Ki-Tae lightly. “Ki-Tae, baby, time to wake up. Umma’s going to make scrambled eggs.”

Ki-Tae, being the innocent, cute little boy, yawned widely. Amber smiled. She loved Ki-Tae with all her heart, and Key with the same love. She didn’t know how she got so lucky, but she knew that the day Key proposed was the happiest.

(Short flashback)

Key and Amber were holding hands at the pure age of sixteen. Key was sweating a bunch, but Amber didn’t notice it. She was too focused on the beautiful scenery of the beach.

Then Key decided he’d do it. He stopped Amber with a nervous smile. She giggled at him. “Ki Bum oppa, what’s wrong?”

“I-I have to ask you something, Amber-ah.”

“My ears are open.” Amber smiled up at him.

Key’s heart stopped. He didn’t know if he could do it. Would Amber say yes or would she painfully reject him, like she did in the nightmare he had the night before? No matter, he took the ultimate risk and knelt down on one knee in front of her. Amber gasped and covered . She knew exactly what was happening.

“Amber,” Key said, voice shaking, “we’ve been best friends since we were little, and I’d like to stay that way for the rest of our lives. Amber Josephine Liu, will you marry me?” Key opened the little box. There was a little ring with a diamond in the middle, two smaller ones next to it.

Amber didn’t hesitate at all. But she did take a while, still in shock. “Y-yes, I’ll absolutely marry you!”

Key slid the ring on her finger and hugged her tightly. He was already shedding tears of joy. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I promise to love you forever, Amber Josephine Kim.”

Amber smiled at the new name Key gave her. It seemed to fit perfectly.

(End)

“Umma, I feel funny,” Ki-tae whined. He held onto his stomach in pain.

Amber got worried. “What’s wrong?”

“My tummy hurts.”

“Go to the trash can in the bathroom. Tell Appa, and Umma will be right in there.” Amber let Ki-tae run into the bathroom. She quickly went downstairs to get some medicine for him and the thermometer, but her own stomach started playing tricks on her. She had to focus on Ki-tae to help him. Completely ignoring her stomach, she found some children’s medicine. On the way upstairs, the nauseous feeling came back. She had to sit down on the stairs to stop herself from puking. She had trouble, though. She just stayed there, waiting for the feeling to go away.

Unfortunately, Key was out of the shower and looking for Amber. “Amber, Ki-tae’s sick! He just threw up in the toilet! Amber where are you? Am—Amber!”

He saw her on the stairs, hunched over her knees. He quickly raced to her, nearly tripping over his own feet as he approached her. “What’s wrong, Amber?!”

“My stomach just hurts. It feels like I’m going to throw up.” Another pang hit her. It almost threw her over the edge. “G-go get a trash can,” she demanded. Key did so. He came back and handed it to her. Just as Amber got it under her, her stomach rolled again. She couldn’t hold it in any longer and threw up. Key rubbed her back comfortingly, whispering, “My wife and son sick at the same time? I must’ve done something wrong to displease God.”

Ki-tae, still upstairs, ventured out of his parents’ bedroom. He hears Key and Amber talking quietly. He felt a lot better after throwing up, so he went downstairs himself. He saw his mother and father on the stairs. “Appa, what’s wrong with Umma?” he asked.

The sound of his song’s voice made Key turn around. “Umma’s not feeling good right now, Ki-tae. Go downstairs to the kitchen and prepare for breakfast. We’ll be down there in five minutes.”

Ki-Tae nodded a little bit. On his way to the dining room, he looked at his mother. He was worried about her, but he had to listen to his father and do as he said. He would ask what was wrong with her later.

Key picked Amber up like a bride and took her to the dining table. She blushed as Key whispered some stuff in her ear. Ki-Tae didn’t know why Key always did that to Amber, but he figured it kept his mommy and daddy together.

Amber tried to stand up. Key only pushed her down. “Stay here, Amber. I’ll cook today.”

“But, Oppa—”

“Just let me do it. I’m worried about you.” He kissed the top of her head before walking into the kitchen to make his son’s favorite breakfast.

“Umma, what does Daddy say to you?” Ki-Tae asked innocently.

Amber chuckled and patted the top of Ki-Tae’s head. “You’ll find out someday when you find love, my little Locket.”

Ki-Tae giggled. He was an absolute sweetheart.

 

Two weeks later, Key and Amber were having a birthday party for Ki-Tae. All of their friends were invited: DBSK (they were finally a group of five again), Super Junior (including Henry, Zhou Mi, and Hankyung), SNSD, Big Bang, 2NE1, MBLAQ, U-KISS, Teen Top, and B2ST. Oh, and f(x). They were obviously invited without an invitation. So was the rest of SHINee.

The lives of the party—Taeyang, G-Dragon, Heechul, Eunhyuk, Eli, Alexander, Yoseob, Junhyung, Ricky, L.Joe, Minho, Jonghyun, Victoria, Luna, Yoochun, Yunho, Yuri, Jessica, Mir, and Joon—were giving Ki-Tae, Key, and Amber all the attention. They wanted to give Ki-Tae the best second birthday ever. Out of the twenty-two party-goers, the one Ki-Tae favorite was strangely Alexander. He liked Alexander because of how funny and ridiculously kind he was to him. Ki-Tae spent most of his time with Alexander in his spare time.

The time for the birthday cake finally came. The sixty seven guests, Key, Amber, and the birthday boy went to the large dining room. Ki-Tae sat in the head chair, proving his position to be ‘Birthday Boy.’ Key carried in the cake he baked with the help of Jaejoong. With a bright smile, he set it down in front of Ki-Tae the crowd watching melted at how the warm smile on Ki-Tae’s adorable little face. Amber inserted and lit the candles.

DBSK sang in harmony, Super Junior came in on the second verse, the girls added in on the third, and MBLAQ, U-KISS, Teen Top, and SHINee were featured with the last. Big Bang, after all of it was done, did a little rap for Ki-Tae. While all of this was happening, Ki-Tae could not stop smiling. He was having too much fun.

“Blow out your candles, Ki-Tae,” Key urged, next to his son. Ki-Tae took in a deep breath, closed his eyes, wished for something, and blew the candles out. The crowd clapped and cheered. Ki-Tae grinned some more.

“Great job!” Amber said. She took the candles out. Key cut the cake. “Which piece do you want?” he asked.

Ki-Tae looked at it for a second before pointing to the only face he liked on the SM Entertainment birthday cake: Krystal. Sure he seemed to like Alexander, Key, and Amber better, but he really liked Krystal. She was like his second mother, and she was sweet.

Key cut out that piece. He put it on a small plate and placed a glob of vanilla ice cream on it. Ki-Tae happily took it from his father.

The rest of the party was a blur for Ki-Tae. He was played with all of his mom and dad’s friends, and he was babied. By evening he was sound asleep in Amber’s arms. The guests all left one-by-one, and the house was quiet again.

Key walked up behind Amber and wrapped his arms around his waist. He put his chin on the shoulder that Ki-Tae wasn’t resting on. He placed a small, sweet kiss on Amber’s cheek. “That was a fun party.”

What Key didn’t know was what Amber did during the party. She had escaped for a few minutes to check on something she had a theory about, and she was absolutely correct.

“Ki Bum… I have to tell you something,” she whispered as they walked upstairs to Ki-Tae’s room.

“What is it, Beautiful?”

Amber smiled from the nickname Key enjoyed giving her. It made her want to tell him even sooner, but she also wanted to build suspense for him. He’d like the surprise.

Reaching Ki-Tae’s room, Key opened the door for Amber. She walked in and placed Ki-Tae in his bed. The parents walked out of the room and to their own.

Key sat down on the bed. He motioned for Amber to sit with him. She came over and Key pulled her onto his lap. “My wife is so beautiful~” he sang to her.

She laughed at how out-of-tune it was. “Are you getting a cold, Oppa?”

“No… I’m tired. Tell me what you wanted to say. Then we can go to sleep.”

Amber took a deep breath. “Okay… When you and Ki-Tae were having fun with Super Junior and U-KISS, I dealt with something that has been making my mind spin crazy lately.”

“What made you go crazy? I’ll hurt it for you.” Key smiled playfully.

Amber slapped his arm in an attempt to get him to listen. “Just focus. This includes you, too.”

“Arasso, arasso. Go on.”

“Whatever I did turned out positive, and it just so happens out I’m pregnant again.”

Amber watched as Key’s face slowly brightened. She smiled along with him. Unfortunately, he put her down and went to run around the house, yelling, “I’M GOING TO BE A DADDY AGAIN!!!”

Amber laughed at Key. She threw herself back on the bed. She wasn’t so sure if she could go through with more kids, being married to one herself, but if Key was there, then it would be all fine. Besides, she had f(x) and SHINee. A small, relieved sigh escaped her lips before she closed her eyes to sleep.

Throughout the night, Key couldn’t stop texting and calling everyone on his contacts list, saying how proud he was to be a daddy again. Even though he knew he was annoying them at such a late hour, he didn’t care. He wanted the world to know that his beautiful wife was pregnant again with his second child.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Another child ^^ *Celebrates* Key's a good daddy :')

Please comment :D

PS.

I'm sorry for not updating in a while. I had to focus on my other stories that I've been neglecting a lot lately >.<