One Year Later...

Forever and Always: The Finale (3/3)

Amber jumped into Key’s arms after the awards show. f(x) just won the award for Artist of the Year, and Amber herself won Best Female Rapper. Key was also very happy for his wife for her win. It was Amber’s dream to win big awards ever since she was a little kid. Even though he also shared the same dreams, he’d rather have Amber win—her happiness was a lot more important than his.

“Ah! I did it, Key! I did it!” she yelled into his shoulder.

“I saw! I’m so proud of you baby!”

The crowd “awwww-ed”. Well, of course they would! They all knew about the marriage, and they all very much supported it—especially the KeyBer fans. The KeyBer fans—the biggest reason why Key and Amber’s relationship survived during the times when they had to hide the relationship from the public. Key and Amber were happy to have their fans more than ever, and they never forgot to thank them any time they got the chance.

Amber blushed when Key kissed her on the cheek and the crowd went wild.

“Don’t be embarrassed, Amber,” Key cooed in her ear quietly. “The crowd loves us.”

“I’m not embarrassed, I’m just—Oh, alright, I’m embarrassed,” Amber admitted. She buried her face in Key’s shoulder one last time before going back to the middle of the stage with her band mates. She still had to accept her award.

The moment Key and Amber separated, Lee Soo Man appeared. He pulled Key backstage and knocked him down. Key sighed and stood back up. By then he was accustomed to Lee Soo Man’s abuse. It couldn’t really be called abuse; Lee Soo Man never hit him anymore. But that was the thing—the hitting. Lee Soo Man always used to hit Key whenever he went against the rules, but he stopped the moment Key revealed that he and Amber were a married couple. To tell the truth, Lee Soo man was afraid of the fans. If he hurt Key and they knew about it, he’d be killed on the spot, both by the fans and Amber herself. So he never did any serious harm to Key or Amber.

“What do you want now?” Key asked, irritated.

“What did I tell you two about being all lovey-dovey in public? It give you a bad image and—”

“You don’t want that to happen,” Key finished. “Yes, we know. But you can’t force us not to do it. We’re married, got it? Marriage means two people in love are together forever. And have you not noticed our increase in fans? Also, unless you’re changing into a kinder man, then you like more fans because more fans means more albums sold and more albums sold means more money for you. Now don’t you go all y on me and say Amber and I can’t be romantic with each other in public.”

Lee Soo Man was absolutely appalled. He had never heard Key mutter a curse word ever since he knew him as a trainee. It was probably because back then Key was younger and didn’t have as much courage to talk back. But now Key was growing up, and he was a really good husband to Amber. That was one thing Lee Soo Man had to admit. But he would still do everything in his power to get them to stop. If they continued, he’d get fired.

Lee Soo Man let out an exasperated sigh. “Fine.” Then he left.

“Finally,” Key grunted. He was fed up with Lee Soo Man’s whining and complaining. Since he grew scared of Key, Key used every word he could to get him to leave Key and Amber alone. And so far, he was succeeding.

 

Victoria, Krystal, and Amber were hanging out in their dorm after the show. Luna and Sulli had gone out on the town to get some food for the rest of the week.

“So, what are you and Key oppa going to do this weekend?” Krystal asked.

“Not much, I guess. Hang out, talk, spend time together—the usual,” Amber responded.

“What about Ki-Tae?” Victoria asked.

“I thought you guys were going to watch him!”

“When did we ever discuss this?” Krystal asked.

“Last night before the awards show!”

Krystal and Victoria thought it over for a second, and then blushed. “Oh… yeah… Oops,” Krystal said with a shy embarrassed grin on her face.

“Yeah, ‘oops’ is right,” Amber replied in English.

The door opened. Luna and Sulli walked in with bags covering their arms, but who followed them in were the one and only Lee Taemin, Choi Minho, Lee Jinki, and Kim Jonghyun. They had even more bags covering their arms, full of items that were not food.

Amber waited to see Key walk in as well, but she faced disappointment when Jonghyun closed the door. She asked, “Where’s Ki Bum oppa?”

“Key hyung is out shopping for something special. He wanted to come here so he could get it ready,” answered Taemin.

“Oh… okay.” Amber pouted and lowered her head. She was sad she couldn’t see him, but she also had suspicions of what Key might’ve been doing. It was a special weekend, after all.

“Don’t be sad Amber-ah,” Minho told her reassuringly. “He’s going to give you the best weekend Amber. And Ki-Tae will be just fine with all of us. I promise.”

“Are you sure, Minho?” Amber asked.

“Of course we are,” Onew answered for him. “He’ll be in good hands. All you have to worry about is what happens this weekend.” Onew winked at her, making her blush. Onew always did that whenever Key was going to make Amber’s life even better. He also liked seeing her so shy, being the outgoing and fun girl she was.

Onew’s phone suddenly vibrated. He pulled it out and read the text:

Tell Amber to come over now! –Key

Onew smiled. Key had finished what he was doing to the dorm. “Hey, Amber!”

Amber looked up from her own phone. “Yeah?”

“Go to our place. Key’s ready for you.”

He watched as a smile slowly formed on her face. She stood up and, before running out the door, gave every SHINee member a quick hug.

“Bye, have fun, Noona!” Taemin called after her.

 

Key smiled proudly at his work. He had done his best to design the place to the best of his ability, and it turned out just fine. The candles, flower petals, food, and drinks were in just the right spots for a romantic night with just the two of them.

The doorbell rang and he rushed to get it. He was attacked in a huge hug. “Amber!” he called into the air. “My Amber! My baby came so soon~ Did you run all the way here, or did you fly, being the angel you are?”

Amber let him go and kissed him before saying, “Oppa, stop being so silly. I’m not an angel by any means.”

“But you’re my angel~” he sang sweetly to her. Amber blushed. She loved when Key called her sweet things.

Key chuckled at Amber’s red face. “Are you ready for our night together?”

“Absolutely,” Amber whispered. She let Key take her hand and lead her to the kitchen where the dinner was prepared. Key pulled Amber’s chair out for her. She sat down in it, and looked at all of the delicious food Key had prepared for her. He was a wonderful cook, she knew that, but she didn’t think he’d do all this for her, just for a little date they’d have.

Key took his seat as well. “Alright. Let’s toast to something.” Key held his glass up, and so did Amber. “I toast to our marriage and the wonderful life we’ve shared so far. I hope this night can bring us many happy memories and anything else that’ll give us a reminder of what we’ll be going through together.” Key smiled and winked. Amber didn’t exactly get what he was saying until he scooted closer to her and put his hand on her stomach.

“Oppa…” she whispered.

Key smiled shyly and kissed her gently. “It doesn’t have to happen tonight, but I’d like for something to happen soon, since we haven’t gotten much alone time lately.” Key nuzzled Amber’s cheek and she blushed even more. She wrapped her arms around him bashfully and whispered in his ear, “I love you, Kim Ki Bum.”

“I love you too, Amber Josephine Kim.”

 

They sat on the couch watching a romantic chick flick. Amber was enjoying cuddling with Key. The feelings were mutual.

Just as the best part came on, the doorbell rang. Key groaned and got up to see who it was. He looked through the peephole and almost immediately opened it. “Onew hyung, why are you here? Is it Ki-Tae?”

“Actually, yes.” Onew looked down next to him, and right there, Ki-Tae was looking really tired with tears in his eyes. Ki-Tae saw Key and immediately wailed, “Appa!”

Key picked his son up and hugged him close. “Shhhh… It’s okay, Ki-Tae. Appa’s here.”

“Oppa, what’s wrong?” Amber called from the couch. She got up and went to Key. She saw Ki-Tae, then Onew. “Jinki oppa, what’s wrong? What happened to Ki-Tae?”

“He wanted to come home. He missed you guys.” Onew smiled sadly. “He’s just a little homesick, that’s all.” Onew patted Ki-Tae on the back. “I’ll see you tomorrow Ki-Tae, okay?”

Ki-Tae nodded and sniffled. Onew smiled and said good-bye to Key and Amber, then left.

Amber sighed. “Well, I guess our date will have to be later on another day.”

“Yeah,” Key agreed. “But at least we get to spend our night as a family again.”

“Mm hmm.” Amber smiled. She put her palm on Key’s cheek, forcing him to look at her. She observed her husband’s face very carefully before leaning in for a little kiss. They both fell in line, but only for a few seconds. The steady breathing coming from Ki-Tae told them he had fallen asleep. Amber giggled. “I’ll take him to bed.”

“Arasso.” Key handed over their son to her. She took him upstairs to his crib. Key wondered how he had gotten so lucky with such a wonderful wife and mother to his children.

Well, like when she was hurt, it was the work of God. He really was an amazing being.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Made sure it was a long chapter for all of you ^^

Who thinks Ki-Tae is adorable? I do~! :P

Please comment and subscribe; one more chapter to go! (Yeah, short, but I really can't drag this story out any longer--sorry -.-"