The Evening

The Letter

We were taking our dinner in the kitchen face to face. Everything was silent and an awkward atmosphere was floating since he came back from work. We were hearing only the noises of the iron tools knocking against each other.

-Is there something wrong baby? He asked me worriedly.

I slowly shook my head. I was looking down at my plate and my hair was covering my face.

-please tell me I want to help you. Did something happened today? You said no word since I came back.

I kept on munching my dessert silently without replying as if he said nothing.

-Honey talk to me, he added a tone of sadness in his voice.

My sight blurred suddenly and two salted drops felt from my eyes on the table. He saw it and jumped from his chair in my direction.

-Y/n are you crying?

But before he could join me I gripped my empty plate, put it quickly in the dishwasher and went out of the kitchen. He ran after me. I accelerated my pace while climbing the stairs and ended up running in our room closing the door immediately. On the other side he tried to open the door several times and shouted:

-Baby somebody hurt you during the day? If yes I will punish this person I swear! Open the door please.

Still holding the knob and the other hand pushing on the door I cried silently my forehead resting on the white wood. He gave up trying to enter and sat down desperate against the door.

I let go the cold round ball shape and collapsed on my knees. I hid my eyes in my palms my back jumping with my cries. He sighed deeply and looked at the roof. After a moment he pleaded his voice breaking:

-You always share your thoughts with me I really need to know what can make you avoid me like that. Normally you prefer being near me when you are sad. Is it that grave? You know I would do anything for you just open your heart to me. Please let me in.

His words hurt so much. My heart was crumbling piece by piece at each single words he said. Like a dead doll I stood up and walked to the desk, opened the drawer, picked the damaged fatal letter and read it for the hundred time. It was all wet because of my previous cries, destroyed by my hands but still readable.

“Y/n I leave. I don’t like you. I never did. Every single promise I made, every single word I said, every single touch I gave you was faked. I hate you. You are stupid, ugly, fat and totally boring. If I stayed with you all this time it was only because I was bored and had nothing to do more than playing with you. I was also seeing other much more y girls aside from you. So now you know the truth. I am fed up this fake relationship. I will leave our house tomorrow morning. Don’t talk about it during the evening I will fake everything for the last time. As you can tell I am pretty good at acting the perfect lover and I want to stay in my role until the last moment. At least you know will know the truth when I will play the desperate boyfriend this evening trying to comfort you. We never argued really so I never had the occasion to try this character. Goodbye.

From: your ‘adorable oppa’ as you kept on saying innocently and stupidly.”

A tear dropped on the letter.

-WHAT IS THAT??!! I startled at his voice. I did not hear him entering. He has walked to me and read above my shoulder. He took the letter from my hands and finished to read his eyes wide open and his hand shaking. I unconsciously stepped back from him. He lifted up the head to look at me eyes filled of furry.

-You believe this piece of crap??!! He shouted in shock. He let the paper fall and grabbed my shoulders firmly.

-Y/n you believe I wrote this horror?! You thought I would leave you like that??

I could not stop my tears flowing and flowing on my cheeks.

-I – I... Y-You did not?

I was completely lost. This letter was exactly his style of writing, it was talking about the nickname I really gave him and it was his handwriting. He could not say any word to answer too shaken and shocked by what he just read.

-Of course not!! I would never break up with you! And never ever in that way you know me by heart! I love you! I love you you hear me?? Please what can I say to make you believe me?  I adore you my angel!

Tears was now dripping from both of our eyes without stopping. I was feeling his tight grip on my arms. He let his head fall down breathing heavily in fear. What would have happened if she had left the house before he arrives? Or make herself sick of sadness? He was now imagining the worst trying to reassure himself by the contact of her skin under his shaky fingers.

Everything was black. My heart was pounded in my head so hard that it was hurting. My chest was rising and falling extremely fast. I let me fall on the bed next to us my sight lost in the emptiness of my soul. He sat close to me and immediately took my hands in his looking at my shaken expression.

-Y/n please say something. I can’t lose you. I will not resist. Tell me you believe me. I promise we will find who wrote this and we will kill him. Oh I am so scared of what could have happened.

I did my best to smile.

-That’s okay oppa I understand.

-Y-you believe me?

I could only nod with a weak smile.

-Ow my angel! My heart! My everything I love you, he cried hugging me tight in his arms. I will never let you go. I could stay like that forever in your arms if it was possible, he whispered his hot breath tickling my neck.

I was so happy. He does not want to leave. Tomorrow he will still be by side. I hugged him tighter my last tear slowly rolling on my cheek.

-I don’t know what wanted the person who wrote that but you should take every word at the reverse. He faked my handwriting quite well and it is apparently somebody who knows me. I swear we will find this person together and we will show him that we are the closest couple on earth, he said playing with my hair.

-oppa…

-Yes my love? He finally let go his grip but kept his hands on mine.

-I love you, I said looking in his perfect eyes.

-I love you more. He leant closer and sweetly kissed my lips. Your eyes are sparkling like stars, he laughed adorably.

I yawed uncontrollably

-Oops sorry. ^^

-We should sleep now it is a bit late and we are both tired by the events of the day.

And with that he stood up, took my hand and dragged me in the bathroom. Finally ready we cuddled together on the bed my head resting on his chest reassured by his presence and his breath. He locked our fingers together playing with them.

-You will be there at the same place tomorrow, I said in a whisper already drifting into a calm sleep. He smiled lovingly and approved:

-And all the other mornings of our lives, he whispered in my ear. He kissed my forehead and watched me sleeping for some minutes smiling happily. He held me closer on his side, replaced my head on his shoulder and finally closed his eyes.

“Forever my angel, forever.”