Everytime

who am i?

I was wet.

 

Rain continued to fall from the sky and the moon tried its best to shine through the clouds. It was 6:50am. If you listening carefully, birds can be heard in a distant. Occasionally the smell from the grass and trees would hit your senses.

I stood there patiently waiting for the bus to come. Music played from my phone and pumped into my ears. Despite the noise, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around to see a girl standing behind me, having the same motive as me: waiting for the bus.

But we stood there in silence, not bother to speak a word to each other. I always asked myself why. Why I never bother to introduce myself to her. To say hi. To say good morning. But everytime I want to, my shyness shut my thoughts down.

A light came from the corner of my eye. From instinct, I knew it was the bus. The color of the light to how the shadow shaped were imprinted in my brain. I pulled my lanyard that hung my ID card from my pocket, ready for the bus to stop.

The bus stopped and excess air was heard. I waited for the girl in front of me to get on before I stepped onto the bus. Atmosphere inside the bus was always the same. Quiet. Maybe we’re all the same.

Some people were on their phones. Some sat alone, facing the window drowning in their own thoughts. I walked towards the middle of the bus and found an empty seat. I sat down and I like the most people, drowned in my own thoughts also while waiting for the bus to drive. As I waited, flashbacks would come back everytime.

I avoided looking at that spot. The spot that you always sat while waiting for me to arrive on the bus because you were always on the bus before me.

I miss you. I miss it.

In the past, I would be scared to go on the bus, fearing awkwardness between us, but I didn’t mind as long I sat by you.

It felt right.

I cherish memories where we talk until we reached the school.

But as I smile from the thoughts of you, I frowned also.

There hasn’t been a day where I haven’t thought about the moments we shared together in the past year that shaped who I am today. There are days where I’m sad because I can no longer see you, nor sit by you anymore.

At the same time, I’m happy. Happy you found happiness from a new source. I always ask myself if you feel the same way I do, miss me the same way I miss you, but I try to not think about it because I know it won’t be answered.

And then I noticed something that I never paid attention before.

It was that everytime I’m on the bus, I always seem to think about you.