Chapter 1

Blind and Painful
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She swung her arm out from under the blanket, aiming for the snooz button, but instead her knuckles aimed hard to the corner of the table.

"Owww..." she complained. she rolled around her bed, hoping the alarm would shut off, until the cold, hard ground touched her cheek as a result of falling off the bed. Her head started to throb, putting her head in much pain, but also doing a great job of waking her up. She flipped over to see the time.

 

5:40 AM

 

She set her clock a bit early, knowing that it wouldn't be easy to get out of bed on the first day of school. Half awake, she made her way to the window and pulled a rope. The rope was part of a pulley she built herself so she could bring the things she stored outside to stay cool. She took out the cold water bottles from outside and poured them into a bucket, where she washed her face.

As she put on her uniform, she realized it fit her just right this year. She brought a larger size her first year so she wouldn't have to buy a new one every year. She couldn't affordo stuff like that.

She made her way to the window again. But this time, she climbed out, hanging on to a rope, climbing her way down. Next destination would be the cafe, so she could have her breakfast.

 

Cho Kyhyun was like a replacement for her father that died too early and her brother who ditched her too soon. He supplied her with breakfastat at his cafe everyday since she came to Korea. He pitited her, yet in a more thoughful way. Like the girl, Kyuhyun thought of her as his younger sister. His real younger sister would be 19 by now, just like the girl. His younger sister who he lost so long ago...

 

But that would be a different story.

 

Miyoung entered through the doors looking like a wild animal. Her body was soaked from the rain, mud was all over her shoes and her legs were scratched and bruised from climbing down the rope.

"Miyoung- ah! What in the world happened to you?!" Kyuhyun said.

Miyoung stopped walking and gave him a what- are- you- so- worried- about look. She didnt know wether to think of him as a caring father or an over protective brother.

"Ajuhssi, I'm fine. I'm just a little wet and there's some mud on my shoes. No biggie."

"But what about your legs? Oh my goodness, you're just a mess." He groaned in frustration, took out a first aid kit and  walked over to treat Miyoung.

While Kyuhyun was intently caring for her bruised legs, carefully bandaging each cut, Miyoung kept complaining.

"Ajuhssi, I'm hungry~~." she whined.

Kyuhyun looked up at her. "Miyoung- ah, when are you going to stop calling me ajuhssi?"

"Once you give me food."

"Seriously, Miyoung. I'm only a couple years older than you. You might as well just call me grand- father."

"What else am I suppose to call you then?"

Kyuhyun hadn't thought of the answer to that question yet. Oppa? he thought. No, no. He shook his head in disagreement.

"Nevermind." he said in defeat. He just didn't want to be called ajuhssi.

"Exactley. Now can you feed me?" she said, trying to be cute with her bottom lip sticking out.

"Don't do aegyo on me. Especially you." he said.

Miyoung crossed her arms ad glared at him.

 

 

Kyuhyun came back with a bowl of cereal and strawbery milk and set it on the table. Miyoung looked at the strawberry milk, then looked at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter