Chapter 1: Pilot

Simply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter 1: pilot

   

They say that promises are meant to be broken. But the promise Suzy made with Myungsoo was still going on strong. 12 years of no contact with her former best friend would have proven otherwise, but to Suzy, it was the only thing connecting the two. 

Suzy just turned twenty and her status was still single. Her big eyes and luscious long brown hair already attracted attention as a child, getting offers from various modeling agencies. But now, with fuller pink lips and milky white skin, Suzy was the definition of beauty. Others wondered why she never opened her heart to anyone. If she wanted to, she could have any man in the world and then some. Suzy was that extraordinary. 

She lived in a modest home with her mother and her boyfriend. Her mother's boyfriend was kind and sincerely loved her mother. But he could never fill the void her real father had damaged in her heart. It was her first year in college and to be honest, she didn't know what her career goal was. She was undecided.

She didn't live in the dorms, why would she? Her university was close to home. She had fantastic grades, splendid letter of recommendations, even a full ride to her dream school. But why did she feel so...empty?

"Excuse me, this is a library. You can't sleep in here." 

Suzy raised her head and found the sweet eyes of a stranger.

"I wasn't sleeping. I was just thinking." Suzy told him. It was the truth. She had gone into the library for some time alone from everyone. She usually lays her head down, face first into her crossed arms. It so happens she was doing it now.

"Right, because someone who was thinking snores." He commented.

"I don't snore!" She said, "and I was not sleeping!" She insisted.

"That's not what I heard." the stranger said. Suzy, annoyed and almost at her patience, was going to snap. She took one hard look at him, and turned away.

Suzy picked up her things and went to her next class in a hurry, trying to get away from the stranger as fast as she could.

"Uh, Miss Bae Suzy was it?" He called. Suzy turned around, surprised this guy knew her name.

"You left your planner. I'm sure you wouldn't want to lose it." He told her.

"Why, aren't you kind, mister..." Suzy started to say sarcastically.

"Yixing. Zhang Yixing." 

"Tch. Whatever." Just like that, Suzy was off again, trying her best to get out from the library without catching any attention.

Yixing just smiled before heading off to whatever he was going to do in the first place.

"Why did I react like that suddenly?" Yixing whispered to himself.

 

 

 

Suzy was exhausted and worn out by the time she reached her house. Though she drove for five minutes, she felt as if she would pass out any second.

It was cold and chilly, not surprising since it was November. But what made Suzy's night was the small snow fall that had begun to sprinkle on her. She stepped out of her car as she pulled into her driveway and held out her hand in an attempt to catch some snowflakes in her hands. A small icy flake landed on her cheek.

"Brings back memories." Suzy whispered.

 

"Where does the snow come from?" little Suzy asked. She look at Myungsoo with big eyes, hoping for an honest answer. The two were inside Myungsoo's house, sipping hot chocolate.

They had just finished sledding and both of their cheeks were rosy red. They sat near the window when Suzy saw that it was snowing.

"Snow falls when angels are in love." Myungsoo replied. Suzy just looked at him confused.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter