Prologue

Simply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

   

A young girl watched as her father and mother went at each other, throwing the worst insult they could think of at each other. She was behind closed doors of course, but she could still see the two adults through the slight crack in the door. 

Her heart raced faster with each passing minute, the tension rising to its fullest. Finally, she just couldn't take it anymore. She climbed out of her window sill and ran all the way down the street, seeking only one person. Barefoot, she arrived at her destination in tears.

She was in front of a modest house, one that paint had started to crust from. She slowly knocked on the door. 

"Suzy? Why are you here?" A young boy answered. They seemed to be the same age. He let her in immediately, seeing her tears.

"Suzy?" He called her.

"Myung...what do I do? My parents..." the little girl cried.

"Are they fighting again?" 

"Uh huh." Suzy whispered. "Myungsoo...this time it's serious."

The two youngsters sat in silence until Myungsoo's grandmother found them together.

"My, little Suzy! I didn't even know you were here! Do you want something to drink? Eat?" The frail old woman asked.

"No, I'm okay." Suzy mangaed to say. She had stopped crying but she had dried up tears sitting on her cheeks. Myungsoo quickly saw it and wiped it off before his grandmother could see them.

"Thanks." Suzy said quietly.

"Always." 

 

 

 

"Don't you think it's time to go home dear? I'm sure your parents would be really worried about you." Myungsoo's grandmother asked Suzy. Suzy's head was on Myungsoo's lap and her hand was holding tightly onto his. 

"Can't she stay after, grandma?" Myungsoo asked.

"Of course. But we should inform her parents first."

Suzy nodded and got up. Taking a small cellphone from Myungsoo's grandmother'so hand, she dialed her mother's number.

A few rings and then she heard her mother's angry but worried voice.

"Bae Suzy! Where are you?!" 

"I'm at...Myungsoo's house." Suzy replied.

"You come home right now!" Her mother ordered.

"Okay." She said in defeat. She knew that arguing or trying to have a simple conversation with her mother would just make matters worse. She hung up the phone and said her goodbyes to Myungsoo and his grandmother. 

Before she left, Myungsoo hugged her.

"Good luck." He whispered in her ear. She wrapped her arms around him and squeezed tightly for just a minute before leaving him for real.

Suzy was in a daze when she finally arrived at her house. It was silent. It was wrong.

"Mom?" She called out. "Where are you?"

Suzy felt shivers all of a sudden. Somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter