Chapter 2: That Girl

Simply In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter 2: That girl

   

A look out the window, and anyone could tell it was going to be a dreary day. The clouds covered the sun and though nothing was happening, the smell of cold hard rain was about. The wind was chillier than the normal winter day. 

"Myungsoo!" 

The young twenty year old turned his attention to his best friend, Sungyeol. They had met during their highschool years and something just clicked. 

"Do you have to be so loud?" Myungsoo asked annoyed. He was in his dorm, studying for upcoming exams.

"Yes, yes I do. I came here to tell you that we are getting a new student. A girl new student." Sungyeol said, wiggling his eyebrows. Myungsoo, obviously not interested, pushed Sungyeol away.

"Come on, man! It's not everyday you get a female student to major in photography! Plus, you haven't dated anyone in...well...ever. You've never dated anyone in the time I've known you." Sungyeol pouted.

"That's because I'm not interested in things so trivial." Myungsoo responded. Sungyeol was shocked, unable to comprehend Myungsoo's way of thinking.

"Don't tell me you're...g--"

"I'm not gay, Sungyeol." Myungsoo looked at his best friend sharply.

"What? You can't blame me for thinking of that? You're handsome, you're smart, you're amazingly talented. And yet you haven't dated a single girl. Don't you think that's suspicious?"

"Aww, if I didn't know any better, I'd think you were in love with me." Myungsoo joked, patting Sungyeol's head. In turn, Sungyeol blushed and removed his hand harshly.

"Are you crazy? Me? And you? Myungsoo, you have utterly lost it." Sungyeol screamed.

"Dude, I was just kidding. Stop overreacting!" Sungyeol stormed out, for some unknown reason that Myungsoo believed to be childish.

"Ugh, that kid. Why am I friends with him?" Myungsoo asked himself as he scratched his head.

 

 

 

Myungsoo walked into class, right as the bell rang.

"Saved by the bell, Mr. Kim." His professor eyed him as he sat down.

"Sorry sir." He bowed. Myungsoo took the seat closest to the window and saw a girl, running down the path to the school. Her long black hair covered her face so he couldn't quite see how she looked like but the way she moved: clumsily and cute, caught his attention.

"She reminds me so much of Suzy..." Myungsoo whispered.

"Alright class, let's begin. Next week will be your big exam. It's not a regular exam with questions and short answers, but rather a presentation. You will each pick a photographer and study their style of photography. You will research it, and once you have all the information you need, put it all together and present it. Please note that you are not wrong on how you perceive a certain photograph because we all see things differently. So if you disagree with someone else's views, that is alright."

"Do we get to choose our photographers?" Sungyeol asked.

"That's what this is for," The professor said, taking out a hat. "I've put 36 different photographers into this hat. Some who are well known and some who none of you have ever heard of."

"This is going to be harder than I thought." Sungyeol said, obviously thinking out loud for the nth time.

"This is your challenge ladies and gentlemen. I have very high expectations." The professor stated as he wrote somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter