Dinner

Roommates

It had been almost two weeks since she moved into the dorm and finally she was done with her part of the room. She had probably driven Leo crazy with all her redecorating, over and over, until she was utterly pleased. Eli Had been so kind to fill her in on the dorm rules and she had found out that, none of the guys really seemed to like each other and never ever shared a meal together. They cooked separately and never used the tv in the living room, only staying in their rooms. Di found it strange how 4 guys could live together so closely, yet being so far apart. At her first day, it had seemed like they all actually just was a bunch of guys having a good time but now that had changed. Oh how this dorm felt cold and not homey at all. So Di sat a plan. A plan to make at least the meals something they would enjoy together and she was not gonna stop until one meal was completely successful. Yeah she was a boyish girl but cooking was something she was excellent at and it was how she got in touch with the very little wife side she had.

She had used the entire day to find out everyone’s schedules, to figure out when dinner time would be most fitting and decided to cook Kimchi Stew for all of them. She knew only Leo was home now and wondered if he maybe wanted to help, since she had been told he was a pretty good cook. “Hey Leo?” She peeked in their room with a smile. “I have this project on getting everyone to eat dinner with me, would you like to help me cook?” She looked at the male, who’s back was facing her, stopping his drawing and turn to look at her, shaking his head. “But I would like to taste it later.” She couldn’t help but chuckle at the indifferent tone in his voice but the slight sparkle of excitement in his eyes. “Okay, I’ll make sure you get the pest serving then.” She smiled before humming and closing the door, leaving Leo alone in the room while he looked to her desk. “She’s weird.” He mumbled before going back to his work in full concentration.

The first of the three other’s to arrive, was Donghae. He was ruffling his hair while carrying a bag of soft drinks, juice and milk, having been on drink shopping duty for the week. “Welcome home~” Di sang in an opera like voice before she laughed and looked to Donghae, who seemed to be staring at her in confusion. “What? You never seen a woman cook before? Big shock!” She spoke in a joking tone before humming as she started the cook the rice. “Well..” He hesitantly started before coming closer. “I’ve never seen anyone cook at this time, normally I have the kitchen now, the others eat after me and well we are all guys so.” He chuckled and then hummed as the scent met his nose. “Wow, this smells great Di.” He looked at her surprised, making her slightly glare. “Why are you so surprised, I am not your typical rich girl. I can cook.” She rolled her eyes as he laughed, before he started placing the drinks in the fridge. “So why are you making so much food? Are you getting visitors?” He asked and took a glance at her back, slightly letting his eyes fall on her perfectly shaped um on her tight fit jeans, finding it to be a great sight, but of course kept it to himself. “I am cooking for us all actually.” She said before walking over to the start setting the table for everyone. “Wait what? Us all? Really?” He sounded like he was having a hard time believing her plan and as they were talking, Eli walked inside the room. “You are making us all dinner? Wauw, what an ambitious plan.” The light haired male teased before he walked over to Di to rest an arm around her shoulders. “You are gonna regret this but it’s a nice thought.” Di knocked her elbow roughly into Eli’s side before huffing. “I am not gonna let you ruin my plan.” Eli clutched his side with a groan before he pouted at her. “Ahh so violent.” He chuckled before looking down the hall with a curious look. “Did you get Leo to join?” A wide smile spread on her pink lips before she nodded. “As a matter of fact, I did so ha!” Eli’s eyes went wide and he almost looked impressed, so did Donghae. “Well I guess I’ll take a quick shower before dinner then.” Donghae spoke. “I am looking forward to it little miss.” Donghae hummed before disappearing into his room while Eli sat on the couch and watched her. “Are you trying to impress us or what is the plan here?” Di looked to him as she pursed her lips. “Well we all live in a dorm, together, and I think it’s important to have a social life here too, so I want us to eat dinner together every day or at least as often as possible. It is how it’s supposed to be when people live together.” There was a hint of longing in her voice, as she hadn’t had proper meals with anyone since her father died. She really just wanted this place to feel like a legit home, more than strangers living together. “Well I still think it will fail” Eli spoke before grinning. “I will have the camera ready for my wall of fails.” Her eyes rolled before she shook her head.

When Khun finally decided to return, dinner was just ready and Di was calling people to the table, making Khun rather surprised. “What is going on here?” He questioned as he saw Eli and Donghae sitting at the table, and Leo coming out from his room. “We are gonna have dinner, together” Di Spoke and looked to Khun before she gestured for him to take a seat. His brow rose as he sat down but soon he crashed the atmosphere as Leo sat beside him. “I see we got the freak out form his cave too, nicely done.” Leo simply kept silent while staring at his plate, while Eli frowned. “Why do you always need to call him that? He is a human and you are more a freak than him and a down right douche.” Leo took a quick glance at Eli with an admirable look before Eli smiled warmly at him, nodding his head as a sign that he took the reserved thank you to the heart. “You should talk. It’s not like you are any better with the girls that hit on you; calling them ugly and what not.” Di silently sat down, watching the two bicker back and forth before taking out a whistle and blowing it as hard as she could, making everyone jump in surprise and cover their ears. “Enough!” She growled at them all before shaking her head. “There will be none of this at dinner from now on and I don’t care how much you all dislike each other, we are gonna sit like this every freaking day until the four of you, especially you two.” She pointed to Khun and Eli before looking around at everyone. “Get along or at least don’t call each other names. “You live in a freaking dorm together, by you guys’ choices; make it work or move out.” She places the whistle down before she made a portion of food for Leo and smiled. “As promised, the very best part for you.” She glared at both Eli and Khun. “And he deserves it, because he does not act like a spoiled brat like the two of you do.” She then served Donghae before giving Eli some and then Khun, saving herself for last. “Now eat, I spend a lot of time on this.”

Dinner went on in silence but everyone seemed to enjoy the taste of the food Di had made and one of the first to comment was to all’s surprise, Leo. “This taste as how my mom makes it.” He mumbled quietly. “It’s good.” He looked to Di with a faint but soft smile, making her grin like a child, her dimples showing proudly on her cheeks. “Thank you.” She nodded before watching everyone else stare at her. “What?” She looked around at them before Donghae pointed his chopsticks at her. “Your dimples.” He spoke before a sly smile tug on the corner of his lips. “Your woman factor just rose with 10%” Di quickly covered her cheeks, hiding the faint blush that seemed to creep up on her. “It’s nothing” She mumbled and looked away before everyone started laughing. “Wauw, you sure can be girly huh? Great job little Di.” Khun gave a thumb up, actually showing a hint of kindness in his smile, while Eli was laughing as if he had seen the funniest thing in the world. “Oh my god, that just doesn’t suit you at all!” Her eyes narrowed before she reached out her leg under the table and kicked his leg roughly, making him fall off the chair, which made everyone laugh, even Leo. “Your aggression level is higher than Khun’s and that says a lot.” Eli spoke with a chuckle as he got back up to finish the dinner, suddenly the mood being a lot better than before.

After dinner, Donghae stayed to help Di clean up. “You did really well. I am surprised no one ended up dead.” He chuckled while placing some plates in the cupboard. “I think you guys just don’t know that you can actually have a nice time, since you all are in different departments. My best friend is in fashion and we still get along great.” She looked over at him before going to wipe the table with a hum. “But I must admit. I didn’t think Leo would join but I am very happy he did.” She nodded with a warm smile before going to Donghae’s side and finishing up the last in the kitchen before she made a cup of coffee. “Thank you for helping me clean up, it was very nice of you.” She nodded and looked to him as he came closer. “Well I would never say no to help a pretty lady.” He grinned before standing rather close to her. Suddenly Di became cautious, watching the older male closely. “Why are you suddenly so close?” She asked while looking up at him, as he smirked slightly. She hadn’t seen this side of him before, only a nice guy who seemed a little dorky, but now his appearance was more dominant and like he was about to charm her pants off. “Can’t I be close to you?” He asked while placing his hands on either side of her on the counter, trapping her. “Donghae.” Di almost warned, only making him smirk that much more as he pressed his body on hers, almost letting his lips touch hers. “What is the matter darling? Didn’t think I could be like this? Well then, you have a lot to learn about the guys here and..” He paused while running a finger up under her t-shirt, tracing the skin of her side and making her shiver. “You are a girl, we won’t hold back forever.” He was just about to kiss her when a door opened down the hall, making him pull away as Di just stared at him with wide eyes. He winked handsomely at her before disappearing down the hall while Di placed a hand over her racing heart. “What the heck..”

She was about to splash water in her face to calm the redness of it when Leo entered the kitchen with his little black mug and immediately noticed how she seemed out of place. “Donghae.” He spoke faintly before walking to the coffee machine to get a cup of the bitter black liquid. “How did you?” Di sighed before ruffling her blond hair. “I guess he’s more of a charmer than I thought” She mumbled and then pursed her lips. “Do you know them all well?” His head slowly nodded before he looked at her. “We all used to be friends.” Her eyebrow raised in surprise. “Really? Wauw, it certainly doesn’t show then.” He shook his head. “Our parents. They directed us a lot of different ways so it broke us up. Not mine though.” He slowly made his way back down the hall while holding his cup, leaving Di with a bunch of questions that she knew she had to wait to get answers with, at least if she wanted them from Leo. “It was nice to hear you talk.” She teased slightly before chuckling and then looking down worriedly. “I need to be careful.”