08;

i'll bring the stars in the sky for you

Jinhwan kicks his black sneakers against the ground in an attempt to get the ice off the sole as he waits for the door before him to open.

"Who is it?" A voice calls from inside.

Jinhwan stops kicking his sneakers. "It's Jinhwan," he calls back. 

"It's not locked, hyung!"

Jinhwan pushes the door and true enough, it swings open for him. "You shouldn't just leave the door unlocked like that," Jinhwan says loudly, stepping out of his shoes before heading down the hall. 

"It's not like I'm expecting anyone else," Hanbin replies as Jinhwan enters his room. "Hey," Hanbin says with a smile, stepping out from the bathroom to drop a chaste kiss onto Jinhwan's lips. 

"It's not safe, though," Jinhwan continues, shrugging out of his winter jacket and draping it across his lap as he sits on the edge of Hanbin's bed and watches the younger pull on his sweater. 

Hanbin laughs after he gets his sweater on, flicking his head once to get his fringe out of his eyes before turning off the bathroom light and walking towards Jinhwan. The moment Hanbin sits next to him, Jinhwan's hands go to Hanbin's messy hair, carding his fingers through his fringe to pat it down and get it out of Hanbin's eyes. Once he removes his hands, Hanbin moves forward to press a kiss against Jinhwan's lips with a smile. Hanbin's smile grows a little wider when Jinhwan responds, but he loses the smile when he feels Jinhwan's tongue against his bottom lip before nipping at it gently. Hanbin's mouth opens in a choked gasp and Jinhwan takes the opportunity to slide his tongue into Hanbin's mouth, one hand reaching up to curl around the nape of Hanbin's neck. Hanbin loses dominance over the kiss almost instantaneously, but he doesn't even bother to fight for it because the way Jinhwan's mouth is moving over his and the way his thumb is gently against the skin at the back of his neck are enough to have Hanbin's breaths coming out in quiet pants. When Hanbin feels Jinhwan's body moving closer to his own, he decides to make things easier for them both by slipping one strong arm around Jinhwan's body and shifting him onto his lap. Jinhwan's winter jacket falls onto the floor, but neither of them pay it any mind.

Jinhwan breaks the kiss for a moment to tangle both hands into Hanbin's hair, breathing harshly against Hanbin's lips. Hanbin can feel the desire throbbing in his veins at the sight of Jinhwan's wet, kiss-swollen lips and eyes darker than they've ever been before.

Jinhwan is so beautiful like this. 

Hanbin lifts his hand to brush his thumb over Jinhwan's bottom lip, feeling heat course through his body when Jinhwan's eyes darken impossibly further. It's Hanbin who leans up this time to continue where they left off, and Jinhwan wastes no time in his way into Hanbin's mouth again, tasting the leftover sweetness of the honeydew Hanbin must have eaten before he arrived. Jinhwan lets his hands fall from Hanbin's hair to rest at his stomach instead, trusting the younger boy to keep him upright with his arms around his waist. When Hanbin on Jinhwan's bottom lip, Jinhwan's fingers slip under Hanbin's sweater and shirt to rest at the taut skin underneath, feeling Hanbin's stomach muscles clench beneath his fingers. Hanbin's grip around Jinhwan tightens momentarily and in the next instant, Hanbin breaks their kiss and manages to flip Jinhwan over onto the bed.

Jinhwan reaches for Hanbin immediately, leaning up to curl his fingers into the front of Hanbin's sweater and yank the younger boy towards him. Hanbin avoids crushing Jinhwan by bracing both arms on either side of Jinhwan's head as their lips meet in a sloppy, open-mouthed kiss. Hanbin moves his head and kisses down Jinhwan's throat, a mark onto the elder's neck just as Jinhwan's fingers begin to tug at the hem of Hanbin's sweater and the shirt underneath. 

Hanbin moves his head away from Jinhwan's neck and that's all the permission the elder needs before he's pulling Hanbin's sweater and shirt off simultaneously. Hanbin doesn't shy away when Jinhwan's eyes rake down his exposed body for the first time, having enough confidence in his build after spending long hours at his unversity's gym. Hanbin isn't extremely muscular, but he's lean and wiry and the desire in Jinhwan builds almost painfully. 

Jinhwan reaches up a hand and curls it around the nape of Hanbin's neck, pulling the younger boy back on top of him. They kiss languidly until Jinhwan hooks a leg across Hanbin's hip to flip their positions, pulling away from Hanbin's lips to settle his weight onto Hanbin's stomach. Hanbin lets out a whine and pulls Jinhwan back down with one harsh tug on the front of his sweater, their lips meeting in a heated kiss that has Hanbin's head spinning and Jinhwan's hands smoothing down Hanbin's bare chest to rest at his stomach again. Jinhwan starts to kiss down Hanbin's chest, mouth leaving a wet, hot trail that causes a low groan to escape from Hanbin's lips. The temperature in the room spikes almost immediately, and when Jinhwan's tongue experimentally flicks against Hanbin's abs, Hanbin lets out a choked moan as his hips buck upwards involuntarily.

"Hyung," Hanbin chokes out, eyes dark and clouded with lust. Jinhwan catches onto the helpess tone of Hanbin's voice and moves his body back up, lips meeting Hanbin's in a deep kiss before he falls onto his side next to the younger. Hanbin turns over to bury his face into Jinhwan's neck, trying to reign in his desire and regain control over his breathing as Jinhwan drops a kiss onto the crown of his head.

"Okay?" Jinhwan asks quietly. 

"Yeah," Hanbin replies, voice a little hoarse.

They lie there for a few more minutes until Hanbin eventually lifts his head from Jinhwan's neck and pecks him on the cheek, sitting up on the bed. Jinhwan follows suit, smoothing a hand down the expanse of Hanbin's and pressing one last kiss to the younger's jaw. 

"I'll wait outside," Jinhwan mumbles softly, getting off the bed and picking his jacket up from the floor as Hanbin slips his shirt and sweater back on. Hanbin is quick to come out of his room, and Jinhwan notices that he chose not to wear a snapback or beanie today. Everytime Jinhwan glances over at him and sees his fringe falling across his forehead as they leave his apartment complex and get on their way to picking Yunhyeong up from kindergarten, he's reminded of how the younger's hair feels like whenever he runs his fingers through it when they kiss. Jinhwan curls and flexes his fingers and prays for self-control. 

"Are you free in the evening on the 21st?" Jinhwan asks as they walk towards the train station, hands tucked into the pockets of his winter jacket. 

Hanbin thinks for a moment. "I think so," he replies, looking at Jinhwan. "What's up?" 

"Remember the friend I was telling you about before, Jiwon?" When Hanbin nods, Jinhwan continues. "It's his birthday. He would like you to come." 

Hanbin looks mildly surprised. "He knows about me?" 

When Jinhwan remains silent for a few moments too long, Hanbin chances a glance over at him and sees the internal struggle and embarrassment on Jinhwan's face. Hanbin tries to hide the smile that tugs at the edges of his lips because this means Jinhwan has told his friends about him. 

Hanbin chuckles. "I'll go, hyung, but you have to do something for me in return." 

Jinhwan shoots Hanbin a look. "Not getting into the spirit of giving?"

Hanbin laughs this time as the train station comes into view across the junction. "Come for my end-of-year performance, hyung," Hanbin says, turning to face Jinhwan properly. "I would really like for you to be there."

Hanbin is earnesty and sincerity and passion, warm fire in his soul that blazes bright in his eyes, driven and gifted beyond his years. Jinhwan doesn't think he'll ever be able to deny the younger of anything.

So he smiles - fond and indulgent - at Hanbin's request, and the grin that spreads across Hanbin's face is the bright and boyish one, the one that causes Hanbin's eyes to curve into crescents and actually allows the younger boy to look his age. It's Jinhwan's favourite smile on Hanbin, for sure.

-

The next few days pass in a blur: Hanbin spends most of his time in school practicing for the Arts Departments' end-of-year showcase, while Jinhwan continues his busy schedule of attending classes, working in the cafe and taking care of Yunhyeong. On the day of Jiwon's birthday, Yunhyeong ends kindergarten late because they're having art class, which means paint-splattered children and a messy kindergarten. Jinhwan chats with Chanwoo's mother as all the parents wait for their children, and by the time Yunhyeong comes out of the bathroom with a fresh shirt and the red paint off his face, they're already running late. 

"Why are we running, appa?" Yunhyeong asks, one hand clutching his artwork from class while the other curls tight into the material of Jinhwan's winter jacket.

"It's uncle Jiwon's birthday today, remember?" Jinhwan replies, shifting Yunhyeong's weight to rest on his left arm while he unlocks the door with his free hand. Jinhwan shuts the door with the heel of his foot, putting Yunhyeong down on the floor and removing his bag and jacket. He helps Yunhyeong take a quick shower, groaning at the blue and yellow paint that washes out from his hair. 

"Did you use your hair as a paintbrush? How did you even get paint in your hair?" Jinhwan asks incredulously, rinsing his son's hair one last time before turning the water off and grabbing a towel. He dries Yunhyeong quickly, sending him to his room to put on his clothes while he brings his own clothes and towel to the bathroom. Just as he steps into Yunhyeong's room to check on his son, the doorbell rings.

Yunhyeong blinks up at Jinhwan as Jinhwan helps him tug his sweater on, straightening the ends and towelling his wet hair dry. "Who's that?" He asks. 

Jinhwan removes the towel and ruffles his hair. "It should be Hanbin hyung. Go open the door for him, okay?"

Yunhyeong doesn't need to be told twice. He barrels towards the front door as Jinhwan tosses the wet towel into the laundry basket and steps into the bathroom for his own shower. He shuts the door just as he hears Yunhyeong's loud yell of Hanbin hyung!, lips quirking into a smile at the obvious excitement in his son's voice. 

Jinhwan emerges from his quick shower no more than ten minutes later, heading towards the living room with his dirty clothes in one arm. Yunhyeong and Hanbin are sitting on the floor, Yunhyeong's artwork in Hanbin's hands as he tells Hanbin about art class, how he mixed the paint colours and how his teacher complimented him today. Just as Hanbin reaches out to pat Yunhyeong on the cheek, Jinhwan places a hand on Hanbin's hair and bends to press a kiss against his temple in greeting before continuing on his way to the kitchen. 

"Don't forget your present for uncle Jiwon, Yunhyeong-ah," Jinhwan reminds his son as he walks back out into the living room. Yunhyeong hurries back into his room to fetch the handmade card he had prepared for Jiwon and Hanbin takes the opportunity to get to his feet and curl his fingers around Jinhwan's hip, leaning down to kiss him on the lips. 

"How have you been?" Hanbin asks. 

Jinhwan arches a brow, sliding his thumb across the dark circles under Hanbin's eyes. "I should be asking you that. Have you been sleeping at all?" 

Hanbin's eyes are tired, but he shakes it off when Yunhyeong re-emerges from his room with Jiwon's card clutched tightly in one hand. Jinhwan gives Hanbin one last, chaste kiss before stepping away, not forgetting to take his and Hanbin's combined present for Jiwon from the kitchen island before they leave for Jiwon's and Donghyuk's apartment. Yunhyeong wants to be carried, tugging a couple of times on Hanbin's jeans before the older deftly hoists him into his arms. 

"Remember to greet people, okay?" Hanbin reminds Yunhyeong when Jinhwan rings the doorbell. Jinhwan smiles to himself at Hanbin's words. 

"Hi, hyung," Donghyuk greets as he opens the door for them, not forgetting to smile and wave at Yunhyeong as well. Hanbin and Donghyuk exchange polite bows as Hanbin crosses the threshold, Donghyuk closing the door behind him. 

"You must be Hanbin," Donghyuk says, smile bright and voice warm as he offers a hand to Hanbin. "I'm Donghyuk, it's nice to finally meet you." 

Hanbin shifts Yunhyeong's weight onto one arm so he can shake Donghyuk's outstretched hand. "It's nice to meet you too. Jinhwan hyung always has great things to say about you." 

Before Donghyuk can reply, Jiwon approaches them from where he had been in the living room, face bright and eyes crinkled at the edges from his smile. "Jinan hyung!" He greets happily, and Jinhwan rolls his eyes and decides to let the nickname slip just for today as he steps forward to give Jiwon a warm hug. 

"Happy birthday, Jiwon-ah," Jinhwan wishes, handing Jiwon his present. "This is from me and Hanbin." 

Jinhwan, Hanbin and Yunhyeong had gone shopping for Jiwon's present a few days prior, where Jinhwan had just about died laughing when they managed to find a pair of Pooh cufflinks in a store. They had gotten it immediately and spent the rest of the day feeling extremely proud of themselves, until the rational side of Jinhwan kicked in and they decided to get Jiwon a tie for work too, just in case the cufflinks backfired. 

Jiwon turns to face Hanbin with a mischievous glint in his eye and Jinhwan sighs. "So this is Jinhwan hyung's elusive boyfriend." 

Hanbin shoots Jinhwan a slightly confused look before turning back to Jiwon with a hesitant smile. "I guess I am. Happy birthday, Jiwon-ssi. Thank you for inviting me." 

Donghyuk rolls his eyes at Hanbin's sudden use of formalities and smacks the back of Jiwon's head. "You don't have to be so formal with him; he's actually an idiot."

Jinhwan laughs at the insulted expression on Jiwon's face as the latter opens up his arms for Yunhyeong, who lets himself be carried by Jiwon. Yunhyeong holds Jiwon's card out for him, who accepts it with fond eyes and an affectionate smile.

"Where's my kiss, Yunhyeong-ah?" Jiwon asks, sticking out his cheek. 

Yunhyeong pecks Jiwon on the cheek obligingly and Jiwon returns the action by giving Yunhyeong a kiss to his temple. "Come inside so I can introduce you guys to my friends and colleagues," Jiwon says, walking back into the living room with Yunhyeong in his arms. 

Jiwon is a social butterfly and good mood-maker, getting everyone comfortably acquainted and filling the apartment with loud laughter and chatter. Donghyuk makes sure all their guests are looked after, offering more food to those with empty plates and striking up coversation with those who are sitting alone. Some of Jiwon's colleagues have brought their own children as well, so Yunhyeong finds himself playing on the floor with a little girl who's younger than him and a boy who's a year older. Jinhwan hits it off easily with the boy's father as they engage in conversation while watching over their children.

"How did you and Jinhwan hyung meet?" 

Hanbin looks up from where he had just been pouring himself a cup of juice in the kitchen to meet Jiwon's grinning face. His gaze flicks over to where Jinhwan is sitting by the couch and he smiles. "We met at the cafe where he works," Hanbin begins, recalling their first meeting more than two months ago. "The first thing I noticed about him was his height," Jiwon laughs and Hanbin laughs too, returning the fist bump Jiwon offers him. "He was tiny and really adorable, warm and amicable even though we'd never met before. We talked for a bit and it was already so easy, so I came back and I guess - "

"Persistence pays off, right?" Jiwon finishes for him, mischievous glint back in his eyes. Hanbin chuckles because Jiwon is funny, open-hearted and easy to get along with and talk to. "I was a persistent when it came to Donghyuk last time. Probably a huge pain in his and the cause of all his headaches." 

Jiwon is grinning proudly as he says that and Hanbin laughs because Jiwon is actually kind of ridiculous, but he understands the sentiment, sort of. "Donghyuk seems like a really good guy," Hanbin says and hopes Jiwon hears the sincerity in his voice. 

"He is," Jiwon responds without missing a beat. "He works harder than anyone else I know and hates disappointing others. I was a pretty hot-headed teenager back then, but Donghyuk taught me patience, selflessness and how to live my life for myself and those who matter, not anyone else," Jiwon glances over at Hanbin and casually bumps his shoulder against his. "I know Jinhwan hyung really likes you. It's been a long time since he's been really happy: Yunhyeong gives him happiness and a purpose, but for the longest time it felt as though he was never truly living, at least not for himself. Jinhwan hyung is the kind of who wants to bear everyone else's burdens on top of his own. I know you're younger than him but please take care of him, because he's spent so much of his life believing that it's his responsibility to take care of everyone else." 

Hanbin watches Jinhwan as Jiwon speaks and sees the boy who sacrificed his life just to give his son a better one, the boy behind the cafe counter who reached out to him with warmth and friendliness, the boy who trusts him and cares for him, the boy who believes in him and his dreams, the boy he wants to be with and protect for as long as he possibly can.

"I will," Hanbin answers Jiwon. Jiwon must be satisfied with the conviction he hears in Hanbin's voice because a warm smile slips onto his face before it's replaced with a suggestive grin.  

"So," Jiwon begins again, turning to face Hanbin after the latter takes a sip of juice from his cup. "Have you guys had yet?"

When Hanbin chokes on his juice and almost spits in Jiwon's face, Jiwon cackles gleefully and makes a mental note to pester Hanbin and Jinhwan about the topic of their life more often. 

-

A/N: Have you guys been following Bigbang's comeback?? I was watching this performance last night and died seriously Daesung but anyway here's the link haha just in case yall haven't watched it yet - it's a nice stress-reliever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tj-l60QskA8. Hope all of you have been well!! I just came back from Taiwan after watching my two ultimate k-pop biases at their concert and it was so magical ✿ヾ╲(。◕‿◕。)╱✿ thanks for reading as always and can't wait to talk to yall again!!

GraceLily: HAHA hope you continue to enjoy reading!!

hanbinoppa: ty!!

folkdadots: HAHA you can do both at the same time ;) and Junhoe is a bratty kid so he doesn't matter ok just kidding haha thanks for reading!!

Jiah07: thanks for reading!!

hanjinjin: thanks for sucha lovely comment :')

darkdu: let's face it in iKon everyone loves Jinhwan especially Junhoe HAHA thanks for reading and commenting!!

KittyKatMeow: thanks for taking the time to read and everything!! :-)

Dahliaa: ty for your kind words :')

Inspirit_q8: glad to hear you're enjoying the fic and hope you continue to do so!!

youngkwangstories: ohman thanks for reading and hope you continue to like it too!!

winnershyung: ლ(╹ε╹ლ) I hope this is a kissy face hehe thanks for reading!!

ImmaKpopFreak: thanks for reading, commenting and for your kind words!! :-)

acquiescent: ty for taking the time to read and leave sucha lovely comment :') really glad to know that you like the story; ty!! It's not complete yet but yea school life is definitely taking its toll this year but I hope to be able to write often too so that this fic can be completed nicely and I can write more in future as well :") thanks for your support and kind words I really appreciate it!! Continue to enjoy reading and also yea it's always so hard to find iKON fic now, I guess it's because the boys haven't made their debut so the fandom is still relatively small :-( but hopefully soon!!