Chapter 3 - Scared out of our minds

Wallflowers

Ji Yeol's POV

Heavy breaths were all I heard. MY heavy breathing. Why was I so nervous? Well, for one thing - only rich kids come here. The only reason why I am here is because my brother is part of EXO and he somehow managed to persuade his manager to pay for my schooling fees as well as his. My family is rich, but we don't want to let anyone know that. We're just average people in people's eyes. The second reason? Only idols or trainees attend this rich- posh school. I keep reminding myself that although I wanted to be an idol or entertainer, I probably wouldn't make it because of high standards... But by a bit of luck and effort, my brother got in and look at the life he is leading now!

He is on the brim of depression, that's what his life is now! Everyday, I am so damn worried about him, and recently there were leaked footages of vomiting after a performance! I am seriously considering to be an architect instead. But now that my brother has convinced everyone, I am standing right at SOPA's front gates, slowly becoming a nervous wreck. Then D.O, my brother's idol band mate, walked passed me.

OH MY HOLY GUACAMOLEY I have to hide! But before I could even react, D.O turned around and looked at me oddly, then just as I felt like I was going to die of embarrassment, he just turned back and walked into the school. That was close. The last thing I want is for anyone to recognize me or hang out with me. Because EVERYONE knows what happens when you hangout with famous boys. All those wannabe girl idols will get jealous and bully till the ends of the earth and bring you to hell. I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN.

Just then, I felt a gust of wind sweep past my back. I turned around, only to find Se Hyun hopping out of her parents' Mercedes. They owned a huge eatery business and I guess Se Hyun is the only girl that dared to announce her background to the girls in my previous school. I've ridden on it thrice, when Mr and Mrs Kang offered to drive me home. Don't think that all huge bosses have this cold façade around them like in the dramas. No. They are one of the friendliest people I've ever met. 

And I bet you guys are wondering why is such a rich heiress going to our average school instead of going straight to SOPA? The reason is because... Se Hyun couldn't get into SOPA. *laughs* The school needed people to get 70% and above for the entrance test. She got a 65% so she couldn't get in. 

Se Hyun's POV

Oh my god! I had shivers whilst I was inside the car and now, the shivers turned into streaks of chills, constantly running down my spine. Although I knew SOPA was a huge school, I didn't imagine it to be as big and humongous as this. The building itself was glimmering from top to bottom, this was going to be my new school? AWESOME.

As the car was turning a few turns, I noticed a few students walking into the school compound. I looked down at my uniform, thinking that they look so cool and fashionable in those clothes when me? Looks like a typical beggar. Ew. I wish Ji Yeol and I could look as good as them. When the car finally caught a glimpse of the school gate, my eyes followed a bunch of students as they showed the security guard their school identity card and strutted in. That's when I realised that I forgot to bring mine! As this school was for the Elite only, there were many school-breakers that wanted to catch a glimspe of their idols. Many cases have been reported. My parents call them 'too desperate'. So if I didn't have my own card, I most probably cannot attend my first day at school! I AM SUCH AN IDIOT!

After face-palming myself mentally for the third time, I saw someone else that was just as dorky (maybe even dorkier? kekeke) and as idiotic as me. My best friend, Park Ji Yeol, standing right smack in the middle of the entrance, looking fazed out. No wonder I saw a few giving her the "what are YOU doing?" or "Weirdo" looks. She seemed to completely ignore that. She's as optimistic as Chanyeol... During his better, not-so-friendless-and-depressed days, that is.

When I was about to leave the car, my mom said, "I knew you will forget your security card. I took it for you."

She placed a silver card in my hand. "I LOVE YOU MOM! YOU'RE THE BEST!" 

"JIIIIIIIIIIIIII YEOLLLLLL AHHH!" I shouted at the top of my lungs when she turned around to look at me get of my parents' car. 

My parents waved at us goodbye before speeding off. Some students actually looked at me, whispering stuff like, "I never knew she had such a rich background." or "She doesn't look good like us, ew." 

"SE HYUN! You're finally here! I was so scared. This place looks too fancy for us. I don't think that even IF we tried, we can fit in, I mean - it's just too posh... You know, for wallflowers like us?" Ji Yeol told me, with her eyebrows furrowed together like they were stitched together in a ruffeled position.

"Aish!" I said. Just when I thought she was the most optimistic person I could find. She always loved to prove me wrong. "We will start afresh here, make new friends, become popular and erase our embarrassing past! EVERYTHING wil be fine~" I replied, as if there was a tune for my reply.

"Well, well, well, look who we have here?" Chanyeol oppa suddenly said as he walked over happily. He hugged Ji Yeol, lifted her up, and spun her around, as if she was the source of his happiness or something. I have only three words to say to him - GET A GIRLFRIEND. Of course I didn't say that aloud or anything. I didn't want to hurt his already close-to-shattering feelings.

"Hey oppa. Back from morning duties?" Ji Yeol asked as she motioned for him to put her down. Chanyeol was the class president and he had to collect and assign homework every morning. "I had to wait close to an hour just for Se Hyunnie to arrive," she looked angrily yet playfully at me.

I just chuckled emptily. 

"Oppa! You owe me for dragging me all the way here with Ji Yeol. So now you have to do something for me," I said as-a-matter-of-factly as I tilted my chin up, signalling my victory. 

"Admit it! You are over the moon about coming here!" He smirked. How did he know that? He must be a mind reader or psychic. But Ji Yeol always dubs herself as the 'psychic' one. Maybe Chanyeol is more 'psychic'. Kekekeke. 

Park Chanyeol's POV

By the time Se Hyun and my sister settled down, the class had already started. We were late, and of course, I quickly ran to my seat because I already had one. Not good for people to gossip about class president, you know? Se Hyun and Ji Yeol just stood at the front of the class, speechless.

"Sorry we're late!" I barely heard them squeak, although I was not in the last row, which was the sixth row. I was actually sitting beside the window on the fourth row. The poor students behind me probably couldn't see with me in their way. I had requested for myself to sit at the back before but the teacher declined.

"Good morning, and I will accept your apology this time round because this is your first day in school. I am Mrs Myun. Welcome to our class. Please introduce yourselves." The teacher, Mrs Myun said calmly and expressionlessly. She tried to add a smile at the end but she never really was the smiling type. 

"*mumbles something to sehyun* Hey~ I am Park Ji Yeol. My initials are 'JYP' which is kind of funny because that is the name of one of the biggest entertainment industries which I am sure many of you want to apply to." She paused for a moment. Wow. I never thought my timid, wallflower sister could do public speaking so well. "I have a brother, and he is Park Chanyeol of this class. I will be attending this school for the next two years until I graduate. Thank you." Even more WOW. She wants to graduate in two years' time? That is nearly impossible, even for the top pupils in this school. The average span of years a student spends here is about 4 before graduating. She really doesn't know anything about life her does she? I shook my head quietly.

I could also feel cold stares at me and Ji Yeol when she mentioned that we were siblings. If looks could kill, she and I would be dead by now. Almost everyone in this class were non-famous people and most of them hated me. Especially my EX-friends.They hated me for debuting earlier then them. What a bunch of GREAT friends they are[sarcasm note].

Sehyun walked forward as Ji Yeol stepped back. The exchanged a small nod and a glance. "Hello, I am Kang Se Hyun. My aspiration is to be an idol. Please watch out for me! Thank you!" She did really well too. Very lively and bright. Which is strange, because Ji Yeol always says that Se Hyun had always been the pessimistic one. People clapped and cheered for her. I guess people like her more...than Ji Yeol and I. 

They both sat down at their designated seats, and classes began.

Ring! 

Mrs Myun's boring class was finally over. This lady can never get tired of giving homework. URGH. 

"Class, before I go, remember to complete pages 2 to 50 by tomorrow. Class dismissed!" She strutted out of the classroom. 

WHAT THE HELL? 48 PAGES? DOES SHE THINK WE ARE ROBOTS? 

Almost everyone in the class groaned and sweared, just like me. 

The nerds cheered, because they finally had something that could last them the whole day. 

Se Hyun's POV

What. The. Heck. 

Does this Mrs Myun think we could finish these thick-like-dictionaries pages in one day? Is she crazy? 

But luckily, I had 4 free periods which was so damn lucky. 

I packed up my stuff and walked out to the library to complete this homework that she gave us. 

I settled myself down on one of those comfy chairs they had at the study area. Not many students were there, because after all, it's school curriculum time. 

Before I could start, I heard someone say, "Hi, Se Hyun." 

I turned around and found Kai standing there in his too-sassy-for-you pose - slender arms crossed and leaning on one of the bookshelves. 

I rolled my eyes and muttered a "What do you want?" before returning to my task. 

"I was just here to accompany you," he said, "do you hate me here?" 

I was about to say "Yes" when I thought about Chanyeol. I shouldn't make things worse than it is for him. Right. 

"No. You can make yourself comfortable and remember to shut up." 

"Wow, feisty." 

"Didn't I tell you to shut up?" I looked up and glared at the brown-haired boy sitting in front of me. 

"Okay, okay." 

Surprisingly, this annoying kid managed to stay quiet for the whole 4 periods (2 hours), and it was lunch. Something I had been looking forward to. 

I packed up my books and stationery and found the annoying kid sleeping. 

JUST WOW. 

And now he expects me to wake him up? FINE. 

"Yah! Kim Kai! Wake up!" I whisper-shouted to him. 

"Huh?" Kai woke up and rubbed his eyes like a kid. 

And may I add, he looked so cute doing that. And HANDSOME AND HAWTTTT

Kang Se Hyun! What are you thinking? He's supposed to be the stupid moron that you hate! 

I shook my head a bit too vigorously to get those thoughts out of my head. 

"What, are you thinking that I'm handsome?" Kai smirked at me. 

Kai will always be Kai. Sigh.