1/1

The Boy At Table Eight

Taehyung stares at the non-existent crumbs on the table and obsessively scrubs at it. He insists he's doing this because he's trying to make the cafe as sanitary as possible for its customers. No, it's not like he's trying to avoid the boy who has yet to be served sitting at table eight. No, definitely not. He knows he should be attending to the boy because it's lunch time and the cafe is packed with the demanding s from the office next door but he can't bring himself to cave under the pressure. He feels a little guilty when he sees Jimin trying to hold himself back from punching the prick whose order he was taking but it all disappears when he peeks at the boy at table eight and the little is biting his lip (oh how could he be so cruel to Taehyung's poor heart). 

He rushes past table eight before the boy can even think of calling out to him. He busies himself with unnecessarily pastry display and he pretends that he doesn't hear Jimin begging him to just attend to the boy at table eight just this once. "You're ing pathetic," Jimin hisses before kicking his and grabbing a notepad to finally take the boy at table eight's order. Taehyung peeps out from behind the pastry display and watches as Jimin takes the boy's order. He smiles up at Jimin and Taehyung feels a part of his soul leave because the boy is turning to look at him and he doesn't have anywhere to hide. His breathing stutters because the boy is waving at him and smiling that smile, that super cute stupid smile. Taehyung just bows and rushes off to the cashier to attend to the other customers.

He can hear Jimin mention his name as he talks to the boy and he nearly trips over his own feet while trying to prepare an order because the boy repeats it, testing it out on his tongue, and it just sounds so perfect when he says it. He tries to hide the blush on his face when Jimin returns to the counter, grinning like a maniac. "Guess what," Taehyung doesn't want to play guessing games, not now. Not when his heart is doing somersaults. "He thinks you're cute," Jimin ing giggles when he says it and he waves at the boy at table eight from the counter. Taehyun feigns ignorance and continues to prepare the java chip frappe in his hand because he at making frappes and he needs to focus.

"I got his name too," Jimin sing songs and twirls around him like there isn't a line of customers to take orders from. "Don't you want to know?" Jimin whines and Taehyung eyes the slice of tiramisu cake that Jimin slides onto a plate for the boy at table eight (not like he's keeping tabs or anything). Jimin stares at Taehyung with his eyebrow cocked. The look on his face must've given it away because the next thing Taehyung knows, Jimin is asking him for a favour in return. "Follow me to Taeyang's concert and I'll give you the cutie's name and maybe his number as well," Jimin smirks and slinks off to table eight with the boy's cake and tea.


Taehyung somehow finds himself standing front and center at a Taeyang concert, Jimin standing next to him yelling his lungs out as he sings along to all the songs he'd memorised by heart. Sure, he didn't have to pay, but he is in no way enjoying this. That is, until he spots a familiar boy standing in the crowd not too far away from them. Taehyung is sure that someone somewhere is messing around with him because the boy soon spots him as well and makes a move to scoot closer to the pair up front. 

Taehyung can hear the crowd around him scream because the man on stage had ripped off his shirt but he couldn't care less because the boy from table eight was now standing next to him and he doesn't actually know what to do. Jimin saves him the trouble because he throws his arm around the boy from table eight's shoulder and pulls him to his other side, whining about how the boy didn't tell him he was going to Taeyang's concert and how he was stuck with spoil sport Taehyungie. 

Taehyung spends the rest of the concert staring at the boy from table eight at the corner of his eye. The stage lights were doing wonders for him and he looked adorable with his mouth agape, singing along to all of the songs without missing a single beat.

The lights dim out around them soon enough and Taehyung finds himself trying to shuffle out of the concert hall without being trampled by the hoardes of fangirls. He hears Jimin and the boy from table eight excitedly talking to each other about their favourite parts from the concert. "Ah hyung, I'm sorry but I have to get back home now. My mom expects me to be home by eleven," the boy from table eight sighs and Taehyung feels a little jealous when the boy hugs Jimin. "See you at the cafe soon Taehyung hyung,"

It takes awhile for Taehyung to register that the boy from table eight is actually speaking to him but when he finally looks up, the boy is waving at him with that smile again. "S-see you too,"

Smooth Taehyung, real smooth.


Taehyung wants to kill Jimin when he bursts into the cafe the next morning, making him drop the last piece of his kimbap from his chopsticks and onto the floor. "You're such an ," Taehyung grumbles and dejectedly cleans up the piece of kimbap from the floor. "I don't think you should be calling me names when I have the cutie's name and number written down for you in my hand," Jimin teases and pokes his cheek. 

His eyes widen with realisation and he lunges at Jimin to grab the piece of paper he was holding above his head. "Nu-uh,"

"What? Why? I followed you to Taeyang's concert last night!" 

"Apologise first you douche," Jimin grins and teasingly waves the piece of paper again. Taehyung narrows his eyes at Jimin and he knows he shouldn't be surprised anymore. "I'm ing sorry Park Jimin. Now give me the boy at table eight's name and number for god's sake," Taehyung groans and reaches out to the piece of paper. "Good boy. I think you've finally earned the name and number,". 

Taehyung yanks the paper out of his hand and rushes to the storage room so he can squeal over the boy some more without being bothered by Park ing Jimin. 

Taehyung's heart does a flip when he finally learns the boy's name because it's just so cute and it fits the boy from table eight so well.

Jeon Jungkook :)


Taehyung feels his breathing hitch when he sees the boy - no - Jungkook walk into the cafe later that day. It was already a quarter past eight pm so there were only a few people scattered around the cafe and Jimin was out in the back with the rest of the staff having dinner. "Hi hyung," Jungkook grins and pulls back his hood. "I was hoping it would be you at the counter,"

Taehyung feels a lump form in his throat because he has absolutely no idea what to say and Jungkook is just staring at him, the smile completely wiped off from his face. 

"Gingersnaps!"

Taehyung wants to punch himself because now Jungkook looks just as confused as he is. "We have gingersnaps today! If you're interested that is..." Taehyung mumbles, trying to hide the pink tint that had taken over his face and neck. 

"I'd love some gingersnaps," Jungkook chuckles and pulls out his wallet from his bag.

"It's on me tonight," Taehyung doesn't know where this sudden confidence is coming from but he's digging it. Taehyung returns to the counter with a bag of the best gingersnaps he could find in the tray and he's just about to add the gingersnaps to his tab when Jungkook pipes up.

"Would you like to join me hyung?"

Taehyung feels his insides burst because is Jungkook seriously inviting him to a meal?

"Y-yeah, I'd love to."