three

Something Else
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

An hour and a half later the movie was almost over. Almost all the boys had fallen asleep, how they did with the punches and car chases in the background was a mystery. Yoongi woke up in a jerk when car exploded in the movie. He looked around the room confused until he realized the situation. Yoongi squinted at the digital clock on the DVD player and made out the time 11:54. He ran his hand through his hair and groaned. He looked around and saw all his friends with dangling heads. He turned to the end of the couch and saw Jaehwa sleeping against Taehyung's shoulder. A little pang of jealously made Yoongi get up to get his girlfriend’s head off his alien friend's shoulder.

Yoongi slid his feet across the bare floor, avoiding the males' feet to get to Jaehwa. He stared at Jaehwa as she slept so comfortable against another man. Then Yoongi's eyes flickered to Taehyung who slept like a log, completely innocent to the situation. He scowled even though the boy would never see. Yoongi looked back at Jaehwa and poked her shoulder to wake her up. She didn't move or show any sign of movement when Yoongi poked her. He tried again, but instead shook her shoulder slightly. She shook her head angrily at whatever tried to wake her up and did the opposite of what Yoongi intended. She cuddled more into Taehyung's shoulder.

Yoongi hissed. "Yah, Jaehwa. Wake up." He said in a semi-loud whisper. He shook her shoulder again only to get a whine out of her. Yoongi had to push away the urge to coo at her cuteness and attempted to wake her up one last time. But with a more gentle approach before her whine would wake up the sleeping pillow Kim Taehyung. Yoongi bent over the arm rest of the couch and closer to Jaehwa's ear.

"Jaehwa. Jae-ah wake up-" Jaehwa woke up suddenly and smacked Yoongi right in the side of his face. He bit his lip to prevent from crying out in pain (and cursing).

"Yoongi!" Jaehwa yelled quietly after realizing she head her boyfriend. She got up to tend to Yoongi without waking Taehyung up.

 

 

 

Yoongi sat at the dining table rubbing his temple, which was a bad idea since he was not massaging the area of pain. Jaehwa came out of the kitchen with an ice pack wrapped in a dish towel. She sat in the chair across Yoongi and the towel against the side of his face. She heard Yoongi in a breath at the cold touch or maybe the pain, until he later put his hand down to let the ice do its work.

"Sorry...” Jaehwa apologized. Yoongi gave her a look like he didn't care. The burning pain from his skull was one thing, but his jealously was another. His girlfriend was totally comfortable snuggling against his best friend, but not him. Who was she dating anyway? Yoongi had to clear his mind before it burst.

"Why are you doing this Jaehwa?" He asked. Jaehwa stared at Yoongi perplexed. For a moment she pulled the ice pack away from Yoongi to answer.

"Well, I kind of hit you in the head. It would only make sense for me to do this instead on leaving you in pain."

"But you are hurting me. Right now." He said.

"Oh!" Jaehwa said clearly not understanding what Yoongi was talking about when all she did was bring the ice back to his face. Yoongi pulled back, making Jaehwa even more confused.

"No. I mean why are you dating me? Because I aced that test? If it's because of that, you could have stopped this a long time ago. You wouldn't have to pretend like you're my girlfriend or that you like me. You're hurting me the longer this goes on. If you don't feel the same way, then let's just break up right now. Or stop whatever this is between us."

Yoongi let it all ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter