Chapter 3

Nobody Else But You

'President, Eric hyung wants to see you at the rooftop now' Andy said when he came into the student council room.

'Oh okay, thanks Andy' he smiled and proceeded to the certain place. 

*Why didn't he just call me?*

He feels weird that Eric didn't use his phone to call him but he just shrugged it off. 

He pushed the door to the rooftop and saw Eric whose back against him. When he called out his name, his body seemed tense and stiffen.

'Why did you want to see me?' Hyesung tried to shrugged the heavy atmosphere.

Eric turned around and looked at him with his emotionless expression. Before Hyesung could say anything, Eric said something that Hyesung didn't expect at all especially when it was so sudden.

'I want to breakup with you' Eric said with a monotone voice.

'Excuse me?'

'I said. I. Want. To. Breakup. With. You' Eric emphasised each word.

'B-But why?' Hyesung couldn't process what was happening and felt like he was dreaming. He pinched his hand hard and yelped in pain. Guess that he wasn't dreaming.

'Isn't it obvious. I don't love you anymore. I was just using you. It was a bet between me and Minwoo. It was supposed to be a year but looking at your naiveness I decided to play with you more' Eric said coldly.

'L-LIAR! YOU'RE LYING ERIC! JUST BE HONEST WITH ME... ARE YOU CHEATING ON ME?!' Hyesung started yelling as he couldn't believe that the person he loves the most is breaking up with him.

'YES, I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE! AND I DON'T NEED SOMEONE LIKE YOU IN OUR WAY!' Eric shouted back and glared at him.

Hyesung doesn't bother to ask who and just nodded in understanding.

'FINE, LET'S BREAKUP! I DON'T NEED A CHEATER IN MY LIFE!!' 

Hyesung cried more and exited the rooftop by slamming the door hard. Luckily he doesn't have to go back to his class as he already told the teacher that he had a student meeting. He rushed into the room after he spent minutes crying in the toilet and thanked God that there wasn't any people inside the room. 

Suddenly the door was swing opened and Dongwan looked inside cautiously. He was surprised to see his president crying and hurriedly went to him. Donwan didn't say anything but he just hugged the crying Hyesung. He knows that he shouldn't rushed Hyesung when he's in a devastated condition.

'H-He broke up with me. H-He broke up with me' Hyesung started sobbing.

'Ssshhhh, don't talk Hyesung. Just keep crying until you'll feel better. I'm gonna be here with you okay' Dongwan calmed him down.

After an hour, Hyesung seemed to have calm down. So he started to tell everything to Dongwan. Dongwan couldn't believe what he has heard because Hyesung and Eric doesn't seem to have any trouble and looked happy together. He couldn't judge Eric as he didn't hear Eric's side even if he really did cheat on Hyesung.

'Hyesung, let me send you home. You need to relax your mind and school isn't the place for it' Dongwan said when he looked at Hyesung's condition. Hyesung just nodded, too tired to think or talk.

On the other hand...

SLAM!

The door slammed open quite hard that the door was almost broken. The students and teacher stared at the figure terrified and looked on the floor, trying not to make any eye contact. The atmosphere was heavier than usual and Minwoo who has been Eric's desk partner noticed the sudden changed. He noticed that Eric has been quieter than ever these past few days but when he tried to ask the older guy what was wrong, he just shrugged it off.

'Did anything happen Eric?' Minwoo asked when Eric slumped himself onto his chair.

'Nothing. I'm going home now, I'm not in the mood to be here' Eric stood up.

'Does Hyesung know about this?' 

Minwoo noticed that Eric's body seemed tense when he said Hyesung's name.

'None of his business' Eric just walked off before Minwoo decided to ask any further question. 

Minwoo was taken aback by Eric's reply because he never said anything like that about Hyesung before. Not even a joke he would said that. Minwoo knows something happened between them but decided not to interfere because he didn't want to make the situation worst.

Later that night...

'Oh no, I forgot to buy sesame' Mrs Shin sighed when she checked the ingredients in the kitchen. Tonight she wants to make Hyesung's favourite dish but the main ingredients for it has finished.

Suddenly, Hyesung appeared from behind and said, 'I'll go get them at the grocery store'

'Omo, Hyesung! You scared me! Are you okay? You didn't come out from your room since just now' Mrs Shin asked him and when she looked behind she could see Hyesung's red eyes.

'What happened?! Why are you crying?!' she caressed Hyesung's face.

'N-Nothing, I'm fine. I'm gonna go now mum. Bye' Hyesung hurriedly walked out from the house before he started crying again. He had cried for hours just now and he didn't want to cry again.

While he was roaming around the grocery store and trying to look for his sesame oil, someone called his name.

'Hyesung!' 

When Hyesung turned around, he was stunned when he recognised the figure.

'O-Oh, hello Minwoo. What are you doing here?' Hyesung asked. 

Even though he didn't want to see Eric or anyone that revolves around him, but he couldn't help it but to say hi. It's rude of him to just avoid Minwoo when the guy is standing in front of him.

'Grocery shopping. Parents are abroad. You?'

'I'm just looking for sesame oil but I couldn't find it'

'Let me help you. I know the things sell here' Minwoo grinned and led the way.

'Hyesung, I know I'm not supposed to interrupt but are you and Eric having problems? He seemed off lately' Minwoo asked after they paid Hyesung's stuff.

Hyesung's heart clenched when he heard his ex's name but managed to hold his tears, 'N-No'

'Hyesung-ah, are you okay? Please don't cry, your eyes are turning red' Minwoo patted Hyesung's back.

'Can we talk somewhere else please?' Hyesung asked. As much as he doesn't want to ask, he needed some answers from Minwoo hoping that the guy knows something.

'Eh? I thought you were doing grocery shopping?' Hyesung asked when he saw Minwoo came out empty handed.

'Actually, I'm just following my maids shopping' Minwoo chuckled awkwardly.

I should've guess - Hyesung's POV

'I'm gonna stay at the park there with my friend. You guys can just stay here' Minwoo instructed when his bodyguards waiting for him at his car.

'We can't, boss. The big boss would kill us if we let you go far' 

'Just come with us then. But don't stand too near because we need some private time together' Minwoo shrugged his shoulder and went to the park with Hyesung following him from behind.

'I'm sorry about them, Hyesung' Minwoo apologised.

'Ah, it's okay. I know they were just following orders. This son of Red Dragon is so precious to them' Hyesung joked as he also knows about Minwoo's status. 

'So, do you want to talk about it?' 

'Eric and I broke up. Just now to be exact' 

'WHAT?! WHY?!' Minwoo looked at him.

'First, he said that it was actually a bet between you and him but I know he was lying. A-And it turned out that he has someone else. M-Minwoo, does he have another person in his life?' 

'What?! No! Of course, not! He loves you too much that he doesn't want to find other person. Not even want to look at them' Minwoo waved his hand vigourously.

'Too bad he found someone else' Hyesung sighed and Minwoo could see tears from his eyes.

'YAH, THAT BASTARD!! What was he trying to do?! I swear I would kill him when I see him tomorrow' Minwoo cursed his own best friend.

'Did he tell you anything?'

'No. But he was quiet these past few days. But believe me, Hyesung. He isn't cheating on you. He doesn't have time and even think about cheating on you'

'Oh okay' was the only respond Hyesung could gave. He did expect that Minwoo had something for him even though if the truth was harsh. But now, he had nothing. 

'I'm not trying to take sides but I'm sure that Eric has other reasons for breaking up with you. I seriously don't want to see you guys like this but in your case, it is a bit different'

'Meaning?' 

Minwoo sighed and explained with words that wouldn't hurt Hyesung's fragile heart, 'You know that Eric and I are different from the rest of the students. Including you. We are from a dangerous and filthy world that we actually didn't want to get involve. But we are carrying our family's dignity so we need to obey them'

'I know but I've already told him that I would stay with him no matter what happen' 

Hyesung started sobbing. Minwoo was a little bit stunned seeing his friend like that but he couldn't do anything about it because it's none of his business to interfere. So all he can do is to hug him.

'Maybe to Eric, you staying with him would make yourself in more danger and obviously Eric doesn't want that for you. Hyesung-ah, I know that I'm not in the right position to tell you what to do but I think you should confront with Eric again about this. But first, you need to give yourself and Eric some time alone to think' Minwoo smiled and patted his back.

After Hyesung stopped crying, he looked at Minwoo and smiled.

'Thank you, Minwoo. That was a great advise coming from you.'

'It's rare coming from me... Let's go Hyesung, I'll send you home'

'Is it okay with you?' 

'Yeah, it's the least I can do for you' Minwoo smiled.

In the car, Hyesung seemed more relax with the help of Minwoo's lame jokes. Suddenly Minwoo received a text. 

*Thanks for giving him a ride home. And don't you dare sending him somewhere else*

*I would if you don't explain everything to me*

*Fine. Tomorrow*

Minwoo did his usual celebratory dance in his head when Hyesung didn't look at him. Hyesung thanked Minwoo for sending him home and walked out from his car. The red hair guy just waved goodbye and said that he shouldn't be stressing to much about Eric.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been days since Hyesung last saw Eric as the older guy didn't come to school. When he asked Minwoo, the guy only said that Eric was just too lazy to come. Hyesung sighed in relief because he thought that something bad happened to Eric.

Hyesung couldn't say that he didn't miss Eric because he misses him like crazy. And when he finally saw Eric on the following day, he was happy from the inside.

'President, president. Eric did something on the rooftop. He's vandalising the wall!' Leeteuk rushed into the room and panted for air after running the whole school.

'What?!' Hyesung slammed his hand on the table.

It's quite unusual for Eric to do this kind of stuffs because the last time he vandalised was before they were together. Hyesung decided that it was finally the time to confront Eric. At least it's the only way to see him.

SLAM!

'What are you doing Eric-ah?' Hyesung asked softly.

Eric who was with his bodyguards stood up and glared at Hyesung, 'None of your concern'

'But you know you shouldn't do this'

'I'm always like this. And I'm not going to change' Eric scoffed.

He made his way out without even sparing a glance to Hyesung. Hyesung clenched his fist the whole time so that he won't break down in front of the older guy. And it worked.

'Why are you pushing me away, Eric-ah?' Hyesung sighed.

Ever since that day, Eric always ignore Hyesung and cause more troubles that he always get called by the principle. And Hyesung always gathered all his courage to confront Eric with the result the older guy kept on pushing him away harsh.

'So we can ask the school next door to help us with the project' Hyesung walked into the canteen with Andy and the rest of the student council. 

He halted when he looked at Eric who was having his break with Minwoo. He quickly shifted his gaze when he accidentally made an eye contact with Eric.

'I would just have this strawberry milk' Hyesung said and paid at the cashier.

'But why? I thought you said you were hungry' Leeteuk asked.

'I'm not now. Plus, I have things to do before class' Hyesung made an excuse and walked out into the canteen.

'Where are you going Eric?' Minwoo raised his eyebrows when he looked at Eric who suddenly stood up.

'Somewhere' 

He tried to leave but was stopped by Minwoo, 'Don't you dare! I know what you're trying to do'

Eric just grumbled and glared at Minwoo before sitting down.

'It's for his best and yours' Minwoo said and continued to eat his rice rolls. Eric sighed and unlocked his phone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It has been nearly a week since Hyesung broke up with Eric and he still couldn't get over it. So as a stress relief, he decided to shop around Gangnam alone without caring about everyone else in this world especially Eric.

After he spent 1 hour walking around, he decided to walk home. While he was whistling happily, he saw two familiar figures walking out from an accessories shop. He quickly hide behind the alley. He nearly dropped himself on the floor when the girl grabbed Eric by the arm and they were looking so happy together. The worst part is that he knows the girl. She is the secretary of the student council, Yoomi and they were actually pretty close.

His heart clenched when he saw the lovely scene and wanted to get away from the situation. But unfortunately Yoomi saw him and walked up to him after making some excuses to Eric who later walked into a cafe.

'President! What are you doing here?' Yoomi said with her usual friendly smile.

'S-Shopping. But you can just ignore me here and continue shopping with your boyfriend' Hyesung gathered up his courage and hissed at her.

'So you guys did breakup' Yoomi nodded in understanding.

'Yes. Because of a certain someone' Hyesung looked at her from the bottom to the top.

'So Eric oppa really said that he has someone else' she muttered softy.

She looked at Hyesung and smiled, 'Hyesung oppa, Eric oppa isn't my boyfriend. He is actually my cousin, I'm staying with his family since my family is abroad' she laughed when Hyesung blinked his eyes as a sign of confuse.

'Oh okay' Hyesung looked down on the ground, feeling somewhat embarrassed.

'You need some answers' Hyesung nodded.

'Let's sit there, Eric oppa won't see us' Yoomi pointed towards a direction.

'First of all, Eric oppa is single. So don't worry. Second of all, he is stupid. So I'm sorry on his behalf. Third, he is more miserable than you' 

'More miserable? Yeah right' Hyesung awkwardly chuckled.

'It's true! He always daydream and dazed off when people talk him. Every time when he goes for practice, he couldn't concentrate and always get hit multiples of times by the teacher. He always sleep while holding his phone and wouldn't let anyone touch his wallet or even use his phone'

'Even if it's true, he always keep pushing me away without giving me a chance to ask. He already doesn't care about me, Yoomi' 

'He does. Secretly at least. Every night he would go out and stand in front of your house. He waited until you turned your lights off. Then he would keep you accompany when you spend your time after school and goes back home after you safely reached home. That's how Eric oppa cares for you. All the naughty things that he done in school was just to get your attention because it was the only way for him to interact with you'

Hyesung who was touched by Eric's kindness started sobbing causing Yoomi to hug him from his side. 

'He was just scared oppa. He knows that involving you in our family would give you a great harm. I don't know the rest of the story so you need to force him to listen to you' Yoomi consoled him.

After the sobbing session, Hyesung smiled at her.

'I guess I have to do that' Hyesung stood up and wiped his tears.

'I have to go now. Eric oppa must be waiting'

'Oh okay, thank you for the advise Yoomi and sorry for the misunderstanding' Hyesung waved goodbye.

'And one more thing Hyesung oppa. If you want to feel better, Eric oppa set the selfie of you guys as his wallpaper' she shouted. Hyesung smiled sheepishly and gave a thumb-up.