Easy

The 15th of August

Easy



Jihyo's POV

I'm easy aren't I? Easy, that's what they call it. With Ji-Sub. With Sang Yoon. With everyone. An easy target. Something that you can destroy and leave without any guilt. That's me. Song Ji-Hyo. Being wrapped around peoples' fingers then being tossed when they're done with me. But it's okay, I'm used to it.

Author's POV.

She was a walking zombie. Not knowing where to go, what to do, therefore having one target. Paranoia. Trying to get away from reality as much as she could. Ignoring friends, family. Everyone. She was like a mountain in the clouds, everything was constantly moving around her while she was stuck there. A self-pity party. Running man? A fake Ji-Hyo on a predictable show where if there were female guests, she was with Ji-Suk-Jin. She had no interest in anything. She was slowly dying and she was okay with it.

Ji-Hyo's POV.

I'm fine. Never been happier. I'm better alone, I always was. I'm happy, happier than I was before. And I always will be happy, I mean who wouldn't be happy right now? I'm home. Even though my home is in a dark place with no light switch. Even though they're are temptations chanting my name. Even though my tears mean nothing to the world, I'm fine. I'm happy. I'm home. 

I'm not paranoid. That's what they say, them. The judgmental ones. The ones that think they have the right to tell me what I am. The only people who understand me are my fans. They love me because I'm me. They support me even when I don't deserve support. They fight for me. They're my family. And when I'm broken, they don't try to fix me. My fans are all I have left. My family, they think I need help. Friends? Like I have any of those.  But I don't deserve any one of my fans. I don't blame the judgemental ones either. I blame the world. 

This messed up, paranoid world. I'm paranoid? Don't kid yourself. THE WORLD IS PARANOID. The world thinks that one person deserves this and another person deserves that. The truth is no one deserves anything. You think you deserve food because you work for it? Don't kid yourself. There's always someone who works harder for it. And that someone doesn't deserve it either, because there is someone that works harder than them. And as we go up the chain, there's god. It doesn't matter who's the real god. There is one. If you think science made this world, you think real hard then go back to kindergarden. God deserves it. And anyone who is under him/her, don't deserve it. We don't even deserve our pathetic little lives.

"Listen to yourself. You aren't Ji-Hyo. This is me. This isn't you Ji-Hyo, this is me. Don't try to be me, you'll regret it the second you carry this out for real."

Then all I heard was footsteps and the closing of a door until I out.

~&~

"Jihyo! Jihyo-yah!"

I abrubtly sat up and saw my little sister crying. As I observed my surroundings, I was in a hospital. 

"What the hell happened?" My head hurt so bad.

"You were in a coma for five days unni"

Sang Yoon's POV.

It's not me.

It will never be me.

I will never be the shoulder she can lean on.

I will never be the person she will go to in times of trial.

I will never be good enough for Jihyo.

I'm giving up. I lost my chance and I know my life will never be the same. Maybe I'll wait, maybe I won't. One thing is for sure though, I will never find someone like her again. I love her so much and that is why I have to let her go. It destroys me, but I have to give up.

For good.

Author's POV.

The poison that is love. With love comes heartbreak. Yet we love because in the delusion of the moment, we are blinded by this sensation of care. We are paranoid. Love is temporary. We can never love without fear. We can never love without an "if". We can never love without a break. Love is worthless. 

But it's worth it isn't it?

Paranoia is worth it.

Love is worth it.

Everything is worth it.

Becuase in that moment, we are truly happy.

Ji-Hyo's POV.

After the coma and after the heartbreak, I learned to heal. I realized that after what I went through, I finally got over not Sang Yoon, but Ji Sub. I realized that I had never really forgave him for what he did. Even though he was rotting in jail right now, getting something much worse than what he deserved, I still hadn't forgiven him. After he had spent days telling me why he did it, why he had to do it, I wouldn't listen. And it gave me a bigger dent than it should've. I had built up all my walls and I had used every single one trying to defend myself from Ji Sub, so when Sang Yoon came along, I had none. I should've let myself heal before going to Sang Yoon, but I didn't. I let him attack me with no defense. I became weak after every hit. And eventually, I had broken down.   

~ONE YEAR LATER~

"Jihyo-yah?" A sudden voice called out to Jihyo as she sipped on her morning latte in front of a beautiful scene. Slowly turning her head to see who called her name, she sat there, dazed and at a lack of speech.

"S-sangyoon..." She thought up a million excuses to leave, but one excuse to stay kept her on her seat.

He stood there in awe of her beauty and maturity as she simply sat there in a cardigan looking at him with alarmed eyes. He studied her as she fixed her posture and swore when accidentally hit her toe against the table.

How could he get over her. How could he not love her.

It seemed like hours that they just stared at each other, trying to construe the other's appearance. Deciding on whether it was a time to talk, and whether it was a time to move forward. 

But then the excuse that kept Jihyo rooted to her seat pushed her.

"Sangyoon-ah..." there was a long pause.

"Do you want to sit with me?" she smiled painfully as she held back her tears.

He looked at her as tears of his own welled up in his eyes as all he could do was smile.

"Y-yeah...I think I'll do that" He replied.

As the steps taken towards her and the conversations shared, they slowly started opening their hearts again. Jihyo finally let go of her resentment and Sangyoon finally let go of his guilt. So as they sipped coffee and stared at each other, they shared the most precious thing. Silence. Beautiful, peaceful, silence. 

After that moment, they were both unsure of what was to come. Whether it was happiness or sorrow, both of them knew that they would stick with each other. They may not be meant to be and fate may hate them, but they were confident in one thing and one thing only.

They loved each other. Jihyo stayed in that cafe because she loved Sangyoon. Sangyoon stayed because he loved Jihyo.

And both of them could not ask for more.



A U T H O R ' S ♡ N O T E

Now before you all try to kill me, I-um-well...yeah go ahead. Hehe I'm such an irresponsible little author and I totally forgot about this story. So when I was looking for Jung Eunji fanfics (she's so cute) I realized that I left you all hanging like 9 months ago! Time flies by and I know that some of you will still have many questions. I decided to end it here though. I think their story is broken, and I find beauty in that. They found love in their own imperfections and learned to forgive. I think that's what made this story mine. So, I can't guarantee that I'll continue to write, but one-shots may be coming soon. Please stay tuned and I would love to hear what you think in the comments below, I love you all! :)
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT OR UPVOTE! I GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY FEEDBACKS :)