Chapter 2

Miles Away From You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica’s POV:

 

By the time I made it to the waiting room, there were only so many people left. I’d had come close to being late for my turn in being interviewed by strangers, possibly ones I’d be left to work with, that is only if I were to get accepted.

 

The room fell to a silence, causing me to look up to see why it had come to be so.

 

A lady, dressed professionally with hair styled neatly in a perfect bun, entered the room. Her mere presence brought the little confidence I had to an all time low. Her menacing glare seemed as though she could see through your skin, as though we were being carefully watched even without sharing eye contact. Despite the scary look she was carrying, anyone would be able to point out that the girl is drop dead gorgeous. I could easily mistaken her as a model if it were not for the clipboard she held.

 

She strutted back and forth, seemingly judging each person that stood in the room. She suddenly cracked a playful smile and fell into a laughing fit. It was as if the lady that entered the room, only so long ago, was non-existent. I was thoroughly confused with the personality switch, but I could feel my shoulders slowly lose its tension.

 

I could swear. All the people I’ve met from this building are misconceiving, contradicting first impression thoughts.

 

“Jessica Jung” I heard my name being called out, pulling me away from drifting deeper into thoughts.

 

I stood up from my seat and smiled at the girl. I reached out a hand, which she took soon after, reflecting a similar smile to my own. We shook hands briefly, but not short enough to seem as though a handshake was unimportant.

 

Despite the nervousness that was eating me in the inside, I managed to pull myself together in a presentable manner.

 

I was gestured to sit by one of the interviewers and I mustered out a “thank you” in reply.

 

“I hope you don’t mind waiting for a bit. The other interviewer needed to take care of something, so they will be running later than your scheduled time”

 

My thoughts were all jumbled up and so many phrases came to mind, but, like the idiot I was, I gave a short nod in understanding. For some reason, my throat was tied, perhaps due to my nervousness.

 

The lady earlier smirked as she stared at me, and I wondered if I’d had failed my interview before it really started.

 

It took only a minute before the interview room’s door opened, revealing a familiar short girl.

 

When I thought I was at a lost of words, I was wrong. It was then, at that very moment, when I understood that phrase much more than when I read it from works of literature.

 

She gave me a gentle smile and I couldn’t force one in return, as my mouth disobeyed my wishes.

 

“Sorry, for the delay. May we start this interview?” The calm girl, I met at the el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter