Chapter 4: Skinship Troubles

Roommate: Budding Love

Kang Joon was waiting for his next scene in his trailer. He sat on the couch and took out his cellphone from his pocket to make a call.

“Hello?”

“Hello, oppa! How are you?”  said the girl on the other line, cheerfully.

“I’m good. What are you up to now?” Kang Joon relieved that she answered his call.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours ago, Jackson and Kang Joon were interviewed by the Roommate’s PD. They were asked the most popular question forwarded to young idols, “What’s your ideal girl?”

Kang Joon answered first and then Jackson. Naturally, Jackson replied the same answer he previously told Kang Joon at the restaurant, “Someone who is athletic”.

“Like Kim Yuna?” PD asked Jackson. He quickly replied, “No”

Kang Joon’s eyes widened as he turned to Jackson and asked him.

“Who is she?”

“No one!” Jackson shook his head

“Come onnn…. You replied way too fast for someone who doesn’t have an ideal girl on his mind”

“Heheh he already has one” PD joined Kang Joon’s interrogation.

“Who? Kang Joon pestered, unsatisfied with his answer.

“No one specific… Just someone who’s healthy—“

“So who?” Kang Joon asked him again.

“There’s some that fits that image like…” Jackson thought for a brief moment

“Who?” Kang Joon interrupted him.

J: Hmm…when I mentioned athletic, I’ve always imagined her to be like…

“The girl from first season… the kickboxer one”

“Ahhh… so you’re into her?”

“No no no! What I’m saying is that, she fits that image”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m doing well. I haven’t been busy ever since the tournament was over. It’s kind of depressing. Hahah!” Ga Yeon let out a small laughter.

“Aigoo… Don’t overexert yourself! Get some rest! I’m glad that you’re doing well.” A small smile formed on Kang Joon’s lips.

“So umm… I have a favor to ask you” Kang Joon bit the tip of his thumb, unsure if his question would seem too much.

“What is it? Is there something I can help you with?” Ga Yeon asked.

Kang Joon stood up, scratched the back of his head and asked,

“Can you come over to Roommate’s house tonight?”

******************************

-At the Store-

Dong Wook assigned tasks to Jackson and Youngji to find the ingredients for their dinner for that night. Youngji was taking the grocery shopping seriously, running around the store to find what Dong Wook asked her to.

“YAH!! What are you doing here??” Youngji yelled at Jackson who at the time, was sitting on the floor reading a magazine.

“Look! I’m on the cover!” Jackson closed the magazine and showed the front cover to Youngji

“Jackson! Now is not the time to fool around! Did you get everything that Dong Wook oppa asked?” Youngji raised one eyebrow and placed her hands on her hips.

“No, but I will in a bit—“

Youngji grabbed the magazine and put it back to the shelf.

“Hey! I was reading that.” Jackson reached out his hand to take the magazine back but Youngji grabbed his hand and dragged him out from the aisle.

“We have to hurry! Come on, I’ll help you look—“

Jackson pulled his hand and groaned in pain.

“Oh my god!!! Are you trying to break it??”

Youngji laughed and caressed his palm “I’m sorry! *silent laugh* I forgot my own strength sometimes”

Youngji massaged his hand by gently pressing her thumb on the back of his hand. Jackson looked at his hand and then at Youngji.

Thump Thump Thump

His heart started to beat faster.

Thump Thump Thump

J: What is going on?? Why can’t I breathe?

“You…okay?” Youngji looked up and their eyes met. 

Jackson felt the blood rush up to his face. He pulled his hand away and fixed his cap

 “It’s okay, you’re making it worse”

Youngji laughed and playfully hit his arm. “Please ignore him. He’s the one at fault. He’s not strong as he seems” Youngji spoke to the camera.

“Let’s go! Let’s look at the stuff and quickly and we can read the magazines together” said Jackson.

“You go and read them by yourself. I don’t really like reading magazines” Youngji replied.

“Aren’t you curious to see what they wrote?” Jackson asked.

Youngji shook her head.

“Well, do you want to know?” He asked her again.

Youngji pretended to not listen to him and started to walk. She took out the grocery list and started to look for the stuff.

“Okay! I’ll look for articles written about you and I’ll let you know what they said”

“No, you don’t need to do that. If I want to know, I’ll search the internet”

“With what? That Flintstones phone of yours?” said Jackson sarcastically.

Youngji stopped her tracks and glared at Jackson.

“Really? Coming from a person who doesn’t even own a phone?”

Jackson was about to say something when they bumped into Dong Wook.

“Guys!! Got everything?”

Jackson and Youngji both looked at each other and ran in different direction to look for the stuff. 

“Yah!! What are you two doing, wondering around the store for?”

******************************

- At the house-

An hour after they came home from grocery shopping, everybody took an evening nap.

DING DONG DING DONG

The sound of the doorbell interrupted Jackson’s nap. He woke up, put his cap on and went to kitchen to check the intercom.

“Who are you?” Jackson asked via the intercom

“Jackson-ah! Hyung here! Can you open the gate for me? It’s locked” it was Kang Joon.

Jackson went out to open the gate and suddenly, he quickly ran back in.

J: Why did he invite her??

“Jackson! Waiitt!!!” Kang Joon ran after Jackson.

15 minutes after the wild-goose chase, Jackson went to Joon Hyung’s room to hide. Kang Joon found him not too long after that.

“Jackson! Haha! Let’s go outside” Kang Joon grabbed his wrists.

“Wait! Why are you doing this to me?” Jackson twisting his hands, trying to free himself from Kang Joon’s grip.

“I have something to tell you” said Jackson.

“Well I have nothing say,” Kang Joon replied, still holding onto his wrists on one hand and held the door open with the other.

“But I have something to tell you, just one second”

Kang Joon closed the door.

“Hyung! It’s so awkward! Why are you doing this to me?”

Both Kang Joon and Joon Hyung laughed at Jackson’s shyness.

“I’m doing you a favor! I’m giving you a chance to meet your ideal girl!” Kang Joon winked at him.

“Oppa! Who’s staying in Room 1?” Ga Yeon called Kang Joon from outside the room. Kang Joon went out to Ga Yeon.

“You like that girl??” Joon Hyung teased Jackson.

“No, I’m just…I’m a—“ Jackson stuttered

“Like that girl???” Joon Hyung asked him again.

“No it’s just… how do you feel like when you meet someone you’ve only seen on tv? That’s how I feel” Jackson explained.

“Then if you don’t like her like that, go out and greet her. Why are you running away?”

“It’s because… I think she thought that I’m into her like that... But I’m not. So how do I explain this to her?”

“Naw man. I think she knows you’re a fan. Just think this is like a fan service, you know?” Joon Hyung said to him.

“Hmm… I guess you’re right. Damn. Now looking back at me running around, screaming like an idiot might have given her the wrong signal” Jackson plunged to Ryohei’s bed.

“Hahah! I don’t think so. Those are not really how a person would act when they meet someone they like” Joon Hyung chuckled.

“What do you mean?” asked Jackson, curious at Joon Hyung’s words.

“Well, the way you act is totally normal when a fan meets his or her favorite celebrity. But when you like someone, you're like...like have heart palpitations when she’s near you” Joon Hyung explained.

Knock knock knock

“Hyung! Can I go in to show Ga Yeon your room?” Kang Joon asked Joon Hyun from outside his room.

“Ohh yess! For sure! Come on in!” Joon Hyung invited them in. Jackson jumped to Joon Hyung’s bed and covered his face with his blanket, hiding his shyness from Ga Yeon.

Even when he started to become comfortable being around Ga Yeon, Jackson could not take his mind off Joon Hyung’s words.

J: Heart palpitations? I think I had that moment with her but I’m not sure.

 

To be continued….

 

 

P/S: Sorry for the crappy chapter! I have a lot of things going on right now that I just don’t have enough time to invest in this story. :( I wanted to include the English lesson bit (the one where Jackson and Youngji had major skinship *wink*) but I decided to leave that part out.  I cannot think of a story for that scene. My apologies. But I do hope you all would enjoy reading this chapter! ;)

I promise to work very hard for the next one.Thank you so much for subscribing! <3