Chapter 1: Moving In

Roommate: Budding Love

 

Youngji fumbled in her bag to look for her phone. I have to tell unnie!! Youngji couldn’t wait to tell her sister since her sister is a huge fan of Lee Dong Wook and an avid follower of ‘Roommate’. Her sister probably would be more excited than Youngji was. She was smiling brightly, imagining how her sister would react. Hehe Christmas came early for unnie!!

As she was about to call her, Hara came up from behind;

“DANGER!!!!”

“Ahhhh!!” Youngji screamed, almost dropped her phone.

She turned facing Hara. “Uniiieee!!” said Youngji surprised while stomping her feet. Hara chuckled at Youngji’s cuteness and pinched her cheeks. 

“Aiigooo! I’m sorry dongseng-ah! I’m just excited to see you here” said Hara. 

“Why are you here so early? Can’t wait to see unnie?” Hara quipped as she poked Youngji’s shoulder. With her eyes wide open, Youngji screamed, 

“Unnie!! I got an offer to be on Roommate!!”

Youngji then started jumping and clapping excitedly. Hara stood still with agape. She then immediately started jumping along with Youngji.

"Congratulations!!! I can't believe it!!" said Hara excitedly.

"Things are going great now! I'm so happy for you!" Hara hugged Youngji.

"Aww unnie. Thank you. Please pray that I would do well!" Youngji hugged her back

"Always!" replied Hara with a wink. "Oh, Sunny will be on the show too, right?" Hara asked. Youngji checked the cast list to confirm. 

"Yeah, she is. Why unnie?" 

"Awesome! I'll call her later and ask you to take care of you! You will be in good hands. Youngji-ah! Let's celebrate later!"

They both walked holding hands and chatted all the way to rehearsal room.

**********************************************

"Good morning, everyone! My name is Jackson and I’m here for the interview" Jackson bowed to the crew.

“Good morning! Okay, I want you to sit there.” said the PD and pointed to the seat. Jackson sat and placed his bag on the seat next to him.

“Okay, here’s what I want you to do…” PD paused for dramatic effect.  “Be yourself!” PD gave him a pat on the shoulder.

“I’m going to ask you a few questions and …probably request you to do few things. Just do them all comfortably, okay?” 

Jackson nodded and started browsing the menu.

“PD-nim, can I eat while doing my interview? I haven’t had anything to eat yet”

PD bewildered at Jackson’s strange request as it had never been done before. He had done celebrity interviews at cafés and even at restaurants but none of them actually ordered anything to eat, unless it was a set up.

PD turned to Jackson’s manager and laughed. “This kid would go a long way!” PD said to Jackson’s manager while giving him the thumbs up. Jackson’s manager did a facepalm, embarrassed.

 

**********************************************

After rehearsal, Youngji and the rest of KARA went downstairs to the café house to celebrate. Youngji’s interview would be held there too. At the café, Youngji asked the girls for some variety tips.

“Cover your mouth when you laugh!”  joked Seungyeon. Youngji laughed which made Gyuri pointed out, “Yah! How can you laugh not making a sound?”

All girls then started laughing hysterically. They continued chatting.

“Youngji-ah! Your interview starts in 20 minutes!” Youngji’s manager called her.

They hugged Youngji goodbye and gave her some encouraging words. Hara promised to visit Youngji there one day. 

 

15 minutes later

 

The crew finished setting up at the café. The makeup artist came up to Youngji to touch up her make up.

“Aigoo! I’m so jealous of you!” said the makeup artist, trying to make a small talk with Youngji. Youngji looked confused.

“Your new roommate, the kid from that boy group…” the makeup artist started to giggle. “We interviewed him this morning and he was hilarious!”

The makeup artist blushed and Youngji caught her.

“Unnie!! You’re blushing!” Youngji laughed. The makeup artist smiled and put her hands on her cheeks.

“Am I being too obvious?” she laughed shyly. Youngji nodded. 

“He has this indescribable charm that just draws everyone in, you know?”

Youngji became curious. Youngji had never officially met Jackson yet. They passed by each other few times at music shows but they didn’t talk nor even greet each other. Since they both debuted in the same year, Youngji saw Jackson more as a rival.

“…ahh he’s so attractive. Call me crazy but I already missed him!” the makeup artist laughed knowing how ridiculous she sounded.

**********************************************

3 days later, somewhere at Seongbuk-dong.

Jackson arrived at place where the new roommates cast would meet up.

“Hyung! Who’s that guy?!” said Jackson pointing to Ryohei. Jackson and his manager were waiting in the van. He didn’t know Sunny and Guk Joo had arrived before him and he was just waiting in his van for others to show up.

“Hyung, can I wait 5 more minutes with you here. I don’t want to... You know it’d be awkward if I… What am I supposed to say to him? What should we talk about?” Jackson was starting to get uneasy.

“Jackson, you have to go now. You’re late and I have stuff to do at the office” his manager pointed at his watch.

“I know but hyung, what if I have to room with him? I don’t see the others and I don’t think others are coming.” Jackson took off his hat and tousled his hair. “Maybe this is actually the meeting place for people that will be sharing a room!”

“And… you don’t want to room with him?” his manager asked Jackson he quickly shook his head.

“If you don’t want to, tell them you don’t. This is a matter you should be discussing with people you live with, not with me.”

Jackson thought for a second. He then opened his bag to look for something.

“What are you doing?” his manager asked him.

“The list of the new cast to see if there’s anyone of my age. Maybe, I can convince him to room with me”

“There’s one”

Jackson’s face lit up. “YES! Who??”

“Youngji… Heo Youngji of KARA”

“A sunbae??! A girl of my age is a big sunbae of mine?!”

“No, not really...You will find out later. I have to go now” said his manager annoyed and worried that he was late.

Jackson let out a big sigh and signaled the driver to drive up to Ryohei.

 

5 hours later

 

Jackson had to leave the house for his schedule. His manager was waiting for him in his van. Jackson went inside, smiling.

“So, how were they?” Jackson’s manager asked him.

Jackson told him everything from how funny Joon Hyung was, how chill Sunny was and so on. His manager relieved to see that Jackson enjoyed himself.

“And I’m sharing a room with Seo Kang Joon. He’s a year older than me which is nice although I kinda wish to share a room with Guk Joo noona”

“You can’t share a room with a girl”

“I know but it’d be nice share it with noona. I can be myself around her”

“So, was Seo Kang Joon there?” his manager asked him.

 He wasn’t there, and so was Heo Youngji” said Jackson.

“They would probably be home tonight. I’m glad you had fun. Okay, this is what you need to do.” His manager handed him his schedule for the evening.

**********************************************

Later in the evening, Youngji finally arrived at the house. Her manager did not come with her because there was no space for her to seat. The van was packed with Youngji’s stuff. He driver helped her to unload her stuff to the house.

“Miss Youngji, should I bring everything in?” her driver asked her, worried that she might not be able to carry all of her stuff alone.

“No, it’s okay. I can do it. Thanks for the offer though” said Youngji, brightly.

Just then, Kang Joon came outside to greet her. He helped Youngji to bring her stuff in.

So, the others are still not home. Oh my god... I’m so nervous I could throw up. Kang Joon oppa is so nice! Not only strong, but an eye candy too… hehe…

Two hours later, the roommate, except Jackson finally gathered and each new roommate was given a small task (draw mind map thing) to help the ice breaking session flow better.

Just then, Jackson got home. Se ho greeted him at the door and led him to the meeting area. Jackson’s interest soon fixated at the McDonald’s meal they bought.

Youngji stood to greet and introduce herself to Jackson. Jackson didn’t notice her at first but as soon as their eyes met,

“Hello, I’m Youngji from KARA” Youngji bowed to Jackson.

J: ‘Oh my god... Her eyes are so clear.’

Y: ‘His smile… so charming’

 

 

 

 

To be continued……..

 

P/S: I am so sorry this chapter is bad. I'm not a really good writer and I wish I would've spent more time plotting this story. (blame school for giving me too many work >.<)  Thank you for subscribing and once again, I apologize for writing something this awful. Lets hope next chapters would be better LOL *fingers crossed*