Chapter 2: The First Meeting

Roommate: Budding Love

Jong Ok was standing introducing herself. The roommates were captivated by her ‘resume’. Before, she was Korea’s pioneer actress but now, she’s a professor. Se Ho was asking Jong Ok to have an acting course for them to learn some acting skills and Jong Ok agreed. Guk Joo however was uncomfortable of the idea.

“I feel strange to act all serious in front of the cameras. I’m so used to being funny!” said Guk Joo.

Everybody turned to her. Jackson took this opportunity to lay his gaze on Youngji, who was sitting behind Guk Joo.

J: Woah… she is pretty cute.

Jackson was squinting. He forgot that he wasn’t wearing glasses.  Youngji felt like someone was looking at her. She looked up and saw Jackson squinting at her direction.

Y: Is that guy...looking at me?

Jackson immediately faced forward to Jong Ok, pretending nothing happened.

Later, it was Jackson’s turn to introduce himself.

“Hello, I’m Jackson’s Got7…”

Y: Aww man… he didn’t do that flip thingy!

“…..I was part of the Hong Kong’s national fencing team…”

Y: Woahh… This guy is seriously daebak.

“... I used to like Guk Joo noona but she refused to share a room with me…”

Youngji was slightly disappointed to hear that.

Y: I see… he was looking at Guk Joo unnie. Wait, why should I feel sad?

After Ryohei and Sunny, finally it was Youngji’s turn to introduce herself.

“…it has only been a month after my debut. I dress to stand out everytime I go out so people would recognize me, but they didn’t…”

Few chuckled at her honest statement. They thought that she was cute.

J: So she’s not my sunbae. Yes!

“…I love to play sports and was even a competitive rollerblader once…”

Joon Hyung chimed in, “The muscle in her thighs…”

“Hyung!!” said Jackson whilst pointing at Joon Hyung. “Whyyy?!” he chided.

Joon Hyung was put on the spot. He was trying to explain himself that what he said was meant in a good way but everyone continued to jokingly blame at his strange comment. Youngji was laughing, not even showing a slight discomfort.

J: She’s super chill.

“Yes, I know. You’re right” said Youngji trying to make the situation less awkward.

J: She made no sound when she laughed! Omo, that’s cute!

Jackson looked around to see if anyone noticed the way she laughed, but everyone was focused on making Joon Hyung looked bad. Jackson was thinking of pointing that out but he decided not to. His roommates would question why he would point that out like how Joon Hyung randomly pointed out the muscles in Youngji’s thighs. 

When the “issue” was resolved, Youngji continued “…. And I also play traditional drums.” Youngji quickly ran upstairs to bring the instruments down to show her skills.

“Is she for real? Did she really bring drums here?” asked Se Ho, confused and amazed.

“Yes, hyung! She brought everything she has from her dorm” replied Kang Joon.

J: Wait, how does he know that?

“Hyung! How’d you know that? Did you go to her dorm before?” Jackson asked innocently.

“Heeeeeyyyyy!!” everyone said, simultaneously. They all laughed at his question.

“What are you doing Jackson-ah? Trying to start a gossip?” Dong Wook joked. Everyone laughed and jokingly pre- blamed Jackson for any rumors were to spread in the future.

J: Seriously, how does he know that?

Just then, Youngji came down with her drums. When she started playing, everyone was in awe. Youngji made few minor mistakes but even then they thought it was cute. Jackson was smiling throughout her performance. After that, she distributed some ‘medicinal bugs’ to commemorate their first night. Nobody said anything at first, confused by her interesting but slightly intimidating gift. When she said she brought it for her new family, everyone was touched at her thoughtful gesture. They all clapped for her effort.

Y: Oh my god… Am I being weird? Everyone looks confused. Kang Joon oppa looks extremely confused.

J: Parasites?

Y:*sigh* He already thinks I’m weird.

J:  Parasites?

Y: Everything was going well before I brought these.

J: She gave us parasites to commemorate our first night?

Y: Man, he still looks good even when he’s confused

J: WHAT THE--??

Y: Does he like my gift? I hope everyone does.

J: This girl…she’s interesting. I think she’s…

Y: Nevermind. I have other stuff that I can share... and hopefully then, he would like it.

J: DAEBAK!! Maybe…

Y: Oppa! I hope that…

J&Y: We are going to be good friends!

**************************************

The self- introduction was finally done and everyone head to their rooms. Youngji was busy digging through her stuff to give out some crackers and candies to others to redeem herself from her initial gift.

“Ohhh… you didn’t have to Youngji- ah! But thank you!” said Joon Hyung as he received the snacks from Youngji.

“It’s no problem oppa. Let me know if you need anything else. Have a nice rest oppa.” Youngji waved at Joon Hyung.

“Likewise! I just hope that I would get a good rest tonight” Joon Hyung fluffed his pillow.

“Why oppa?” asked Youngji, worried.

“Ohh… nothing. It’s just that this pillow is too soft. I’m old hahah I need to sleep on something hard”

Youngji quickly rushed to her room to look for something

Y: I have something Joon Hyung oppa might need.

While Youngji was busy looking, Nana entered the room.

“Youngji, I bought some ice- cream just now. Let’s go eat some!”

“Okay unnie! You go first, I need to pass something to Joon Hyung oppa!” Youngji replied.

Nana went downstairs. As she was about to enter the kitchen, she overheard Kang Joon and Jackson’s conversation.

“Why were you afraid of Nana? Hahah” Kang Joon laughed at Jackson.

“It’s just that… she’s tall!... and I don’t want to stand next to her because I’m afraid I’d look short”

“What kind of nonsense is that?” Kang Joon continued laughing. 

“Hyung! Can I ask you something?” Jackson open his eyes wide to show his seriousness but that made Kang Joon laughed even more.

“Hyunngg! I’m serious!”

“Okay okay, I’m sorry! What’s up?” Kang Joon finally stopped laughing

“Did you go to KARA’s dorm before?” asked Jackson. Kang Joon surprised by Jackson’s question and quickly covered his mouth.

“Yah! Don’t go on saying things so carelessly! No, I have never been to their dorm before”

“Then how did you know she took everything from her old room?” Jackson innocently asked him.

 “I helped Youngji to carry her stuff to her room when she arrived. There were loads of stuff and I was just joking that she brought her entire room here with her” Kang Joon explained. Jackson was relieved by his answer.

“Why are you so curious?” Kang Joon frowned his forehead.

Jackson quickly thought of an answer. “Not curious, worried. Stories like this might damage her reputation”.

“Huh? You’re already worried about her?”

Just then…

“Unnie! Were you waiting for me here? Why didn’t you just to the kitchen?” Youngji surprised to see Nana standing by the entrance.

“Ohh…I..umm…was…ehh..”Nana surprised to see Youngji coming down the stairs.

Jackson and Kang Joon rushed out from the kitchen

 “Noona! How long have you been here??”

“Jackson- ah! Uhh… not long like 10 seconds ago. I was…” Nana panicked.

“…playing with cucumber” Youngji finished her sentence.

 Y: Unnie looked surprised. She was probably spying on them. Haha! So sneaky!

“So… You didn’t hear anything?” Kang Joon asked.

“No… Why? Did I miss out something juicy?” Nana joked. Jackson and Kang Joon looked at each other then back at Nana, shaking their heads.

“So I brought some ice cream if you guys want to have some, you’re more than welcome to join” said Nana.

“Oooohh! What flavor?!” asked Kang Joon

“Salted caramel” Nana opened the fridge.

“You like salted caramel ice cream only, oppa?” Youngji was curious.

“All favors are good. Why would he ONLY like salted caramel Youngji-ah?” said Jackson. Youngji glared at Jackson.

Y: What’s with this guy? Why is he picking on me?

J: Damn. Those eyes again.

Kang Joon chuckled. Nana was looking at Jackson and Youngji, back and forth.

“Of course not. I was just asking to try and get to know him better” Youngji replied.

“Why didn’t you ask me? Don’t you want to know me better too?” Jackson raised his eyebrows, slightly tilted his head.

“Hazelnut! My favorite is hazelnut” Kang Joon interrupted their fight. He smiled then turned to Jackson and grabbed his shoulder.

J: Why is she only interested in Kang Joon?

“You girls go ahead. Have fun bonding!” Kang Joon dragged Jackson out of the kitchen. They went inside their room.

 “What was that about?” said Youngji.

“Well, that was a fair question though. Why didn’t you ask him too?”

Youngji was taken aback. She did not expect Nana to back Jackson and not her.

Y: Why is unnie siding with him? I thought they both noticed he randomly started that fight.

“Unnie! Why are you backing him up? I backed you up when you were spying on them! Oh, what did you hear unnie?”

“Hmm… I’m not sure. You came down too early. It was only getting interesting.”

At Jackson’s and Kang Joon’s room

“Bro, what happened out there?” Kang Joon was concerned.

“Nothing. That’s how I make friends” Jackson was confused too. He also didn’t know why he picked on Youngji and why he was upset that Youngji asked Kang Joon instead of him.

“It didn’t look like nothing. It looked personal” said Kang Joon.

“Hyung! Do you mind if I play some music and dance? It helps me relax” Jackson quickly changed topic. Kang Joon knew what he was trying to do but gave in.

“Sure, go ahead!”

Jackson music and dance til morning.

 

 

To be continued…..