Sledding

Never Judge A Book By Its Cover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Your group took the chairlifts to the snowy hill (3-person lift/seat). You were squashed in between Woohyun and Seongyeol while they playfully swing the seat back and forth. You screamed for your life, afraid that you might fall off anytime.   As you reached the top of the hill, Woohyun persuaded all of you to purchase a tube sled each. Everyone took their turns to sled down the hill. You and L.Joe were the last to go. You gulped, looking down at the endless white blanket of snow.   “Uhh.. L.Joe. You can go now.” You urged him to go so that your turn will not come anytime soon.   “No. Ladies first.” He insisted.   “Ah.. I guess it’s better for you to go.” You tried again.   L.Joe listened to you for a second and stopped before he sat on his sled. “Wait. I have a feeling that you won’t be going down after my turn.”   You sheepishly smiled at him. “I’ve never done this before.. And I’m a bit of a scaredy-cat of heights.”   “But you’re fine with the rollercoasters..” He paused his sentence, remembering your screaming that was much louder than the others who were on the rides and your pale face after those rides.   “Yeah.. That’s just trying out things.. I wouldn’t want to ride them again.” You murmured.   “And trying this won’t hurt you. Come on, let me teach you how to ride.” He put down your sled and asked you to sit on it.   Before he could continue, you shrieked. “What if I fall off the tube and roll down the hill and hit something and die!?”   L.Joe sighed. “Then you wanna change the sled?”   You gave him a small nod.   L.Joe asked the salesperson to change the sled for you. The salesperson came back with an empty hand. “Sorry but we don’t have extra sleds left. The remaining ones are booked and our extra sleds are at our other store, at the foot of the hill but we have one sled. It can fit the both of you.” She took out the sled from the back of the room.                                                                  “Oh. My. God! No way! NO WAY!” you waved your hands frantically at the salesperson.   “It can fit two people on it! Look at the couple there!” he pointed out to the couple who were riding down the hill with the same type of sledding board.   “This is just too dangerous! I don’t want to die!” you whined.   “No, you won’t die. Your boyfriend will support you from behind.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter