I don't know

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 32: I don’t know

 

"I love you, Cha Sukyeon.."

Sukyeon was surprised to hear that, she couldn’t believe what she was just heard.

"Hwan ah, if it's a game you said earlier, it's crazy.. If it's a joke, it's not funny.. Or if it's a musical practice then it's amazing.. I don't know, what are you doing right now?"

Jaehwan smiled. “It's a confession Yeon ah.. My feelings to you.."

"But it's just... " Sukyeon couldn’t finish her words. "Just get up first, Hwan ah.." Sukyeon took his arm to help him get up.

"Gosh.. You make this not romantic anymore.." Jaehwan chuckled.

"Hwan ah... " Sukyeon opened but then there was no word come out.

"What? You don't like it? I prepared much for today, but you don't like it?"

"Nooo.. It's not that.. This is really beautiful.. The 'find me' game, our pictures on screen, your singing, roses.. Everything is really beautiful.. But...."

"But?"

"But... It's just... Too sudden.. "

"Too sudden?"

"Yeah... I don't know that you have this feeling for me.. I even thought that you like Irene unnie.."

Jaehwan chuckled.

"So yeah.. I just... don't know how to respond now.. This is truly not a hidden camera, right?"

Jaehwan chuckled again but then gave a serious face. "Sukyeon ah, do you think I'm joking right now? I'm serious.. I love you.. It's real, I do really love you.." Jaehwan said that while looking at Sukyeon's eyes deeply.

He continued, "You ever told me to move on.. You said you will be happy if I find someone who can make me forget about Hani.. That's you, Yeon ah.. You're the one who can make me forget about her.. If you're not mentioning her, I will probably didn't remember her.. Because all I think about is you.."

Sukyeon was absorbing what Jaehwan saying. She didn’t know how to respond him.

"I was hoping you will directly say, yes I love you too.. But it seems.. It turns out to be... "

"It's not that I don't like you, Hwan ah for sure.. It's just.. I still don't know what I'm feeling right now.. to you.. Just give me time to figure it out.."

There was a curve on Jaehwan's lips. "I give you time Sukyeon ah.. I'm good in waiting.."

Sukyeon smiled.

"But.. Why don't you take this roses bouquet? "

"Oh! Yeah.. Sorry.." Sukyeon took it from Jaehwan awkwardly.

 

Then Jaehwan approached the guitarist and ballerina who helped him. He said, "Thank you so much for the help.. She doesn't answer yet.. Please pray for me.."

The guitarist said, "Keep spirit, Lee Jaehwan.."

The ballerina also said, "He's a good guy, Sukyeon ssi.. Please accept his heart.."

Sukyeon laughed shyly while bowing.

 

-00-

 

Then they both excused from the cafe. They were walking side to side in silent.

"Why it suddenly become so quiet? Let's not to be awkward, Yeon ah.."

"Uhm?" Sukyoeon smiled awkwardly.

Then there was silence for a while until Sukyeon asked, "Hwan ah, this is real, right? I'm not dreaming?"

Jaehwan stopped and said, "Yeon aaah.. Do you still think it's not real??"

"Yeah because.. How could you love me? I mean.. How? Why?"

"Why not?"

"You know.. I'm just me, an ordinary girl Cha Sukyeon.. I'm nothing next to Irene Unnie.. Moreover Hani.. Even I only saw her once, I could say she's Goddess.. Then, why.. Me?"

"Because it's just you.. An ordinary girl Cha Sukyeon.."

Sukyeon made a confused face.

"You still don't get it, Yeon ah?"

Sukyeon nodded. "Yeah.. I mean we're close right? So you know my bad habits and all.. But why you still choose me?"

Jaehwan cupped her face. "I love you because it's you.. Yeah we're close.. So I always feel warm around you.. I love when I see you smile or laugh at loud.. I like when you're nagging.. You're the first one I want to see in the morning.. I like to hear your serenade when you're showering.. I like to sit next to you.. I like when you gives your shoulder to let me cry on.. I like when myself become your place to come when you're sad or happy.. I like when you hug me so tight.. To conclude, I like every time I spend with you.. "

Sukyeon looked at Jaehwan intensely. She couldn’t believe Jaehwan say that words.

"That's what I'm feeling Yeon ah.. And it's not a joke.."

Sukyeon couldn’t say anything anymore.

I still can't believe the fact that he loves me. Lee Jaehwan loves me.. And now I'm questioning myself.. Do I love him too? God, please let me know for sure..

 

-00-

 

They finally reached the house. In front of the house, Sukyeon realized something.

"Oh! I still bring the bouquet.. Oppa surely will ask me how I could get this bouquet.. Ottoke.." Sukyeon was confused.

"You don't want Hakyeon hyung to know?" Jaehwan asked.

"It's not that I don't want him to know.. But, I still don't know what I'm feeling right now.. How could I explain it to others?"

Jaehwan made a bitter nods. "Just put it in your bag.." Jaehwan gave suggestion.

"Oh! You're right.. Okay." She said it while putting the rose’s bouquet inside her bag.

"Is it fit in?" Jaehwan asked.

"Yes.." Sukyeon answers while zipping her bag.

Then she started to open the gate, but Jaehwan took her hand, and made her to look at him.

"Sukyeon ah.." He looked at her eyes deeply, then slowly pulled her to his embrace.

He whispered to Sukyeon’s ear, "I know that you still confused, so I hope it can help you to believe me.. My feeling to you is real, Yeon ah..."

Sukyeon could feel the warmth spreading in her body, it felt really comfortable. His voice in her ears, his scent, and the way he bent a bit to hug her, it were really comfortable. Slowly, Sukyeon crossed her arms on Jaehwan's back, while saying, "I believe your feeling for me it's real, Hwan ah.. I can feel it.. "

For a few minutes they stayed hugging until Jaehwan loosened his hug and smiled, "Let's get inside.."

Sukyeon nodded and smiled.

 

-00-

 

Without they knowing, there was someone who watching them from the rooftop.

 

-00-

 

The next morning, they had breakfast as usual. But Jaehwan was not as hype as usual, he was a bit quiet. Hakyeon noticed that.

"Yaa Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter