Musical Part 1

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 25: Musical Part 1

 

Playing the background music VIXX - Voodoo doll intro

The curtains has been lifted up, and shows Jekyll kneeling next to his sick father who is laying on the bed.

The narrator says, "The story begins when the man named Henry Jekyll confusing about his father sickness"

Jekyll looks exhausted and tired, his glasses is reaching the end of his sharp nose.

"Father... Till when you're like this? You're not awake, not die either.." he sighs, then gets up and walk back and forth.

"I've told you not to take the poor's money.. This is what happen when you're being too greedy.."

He stops to look at the audience. "I still remember when you're lending your money, helping them. But then slowly you give them drop-dead high interest, making them suffer. Making them starve, in order to pay the interest."

He walks back to get closer to his father. Still standing, he says "I noticed that was the beginning of your sickness.. Your evil side is consuming your good side, Father.."

There is silent for a while, then he goes front to see the audience. "Why every person has the good and bad sides? Is it possible to separate the bad and good? What will happen if I bring back your good side, father? So you don't have to be like this.. Yeah.. I think I can do it!"

He walks back and forth again with full of excitement, "I can make a formula that goes into your soul and tear apart the bad and good. Killing your bad, and bring back your good.."

He goes back, kneels and takes his father's hand, "Father.. Just wait, I will make it... I will bring you back!"

The curtains closed in accompanied by the music of VIXX - Voodoo dolls intro.

 

-00-

 

Then after a couple of seconds, the curtains has been lifted up again, showing the Big Ben as make it noticeable that it takes the place in London. Some of the casts are wearing the gown showing that it takes time in the past.

Then the narrator says, "In the 19th century, London was the place of huge gap between rich and poor."

At the same time Jekyll comes out with a neat coat, walking on the London Street. He observes what actually happened in the city.

"Jekyll then realized that people do the things which not their true self." the narrator continues.

 

And the music starts, Akmu - Melted.

Jekyll observes at one blind beggar who is actually only pretending to be blind to make people pity him and give him more cash.

And he walks again and observes at one salesman who praises a nobleman who buy his stuff, but when the nobleman goes away, he's badmouthing him with another buyer.

And there is one noble girl who is so rude to her lady butler suddenly become so care and treat her nicely when a noble guy approach her.

"Why do they have to disguise? Why do they have to hide their true colors?" Jekyll is contemplating.

"Can we just diminish human's bad side? So we can live together in harmony? Spread the good everywhere.. Make a better world.."

 

And then, Jekyll starts to sing (Akmu - Melted)

Mamsoge chajaon eodumeul geudaero dugo

Bameul deopeun chagaun geurimjamanyang

gudeoganda

Eoreumdeuri nogajimyeon

Jogeum deo ttatteutan noraega naoltende

Eoreumdeureun wae geureoke chagaulkka

Chagaulkkayo

Why are they so cold?

Why are they so cold?

And the curtains starts closing again.

 

-00-

 

The next part is at the St. Jude's Hospital Board's meeting. The narrator says "Jekyll will presents a research proposal to the Board of Governors of St. Jude's Hospital. Sir Danvers, the chairman of the board, is in attendance along with Sir Archibald, Lord Theodore, Lady Elizabeth, General Glossop and Simon Stride, the secretary. All, with the exception of Sir Danvers and Stride, are pompous, rich semi-hypocrites. So Jekyll should be smart to get their votes."

 

Jekyll then comes with a map on his chest. He then bows a little to the Board of governors and gives them a resume of his proposal.

Sir Danvers sits in the end of the table. Followed by General Glossop, Lord Theodore, and Lady Elizabeth. Across the table, there's Sir Archibald and Simon Stride.

Jekyll presents a research proposal to them with saying, "This research purpose is to create a formula that can separate a good and bad of the human soul. And the benefit of this research of course to save human race from sickness and to create a world without violence, prosperity, and so on. We can live in a better world."

Lord Theodore asks, "How will you test your theory? How will you know that the soul has been separated?"

"I will use human subject.." Jekyll's answer make the Board of Governors shocked.

"Oh My God.. It's a sacrilege!" Lady Elizabeth gives respond.

"Do you think there's any single person who wants to be your subject, Dr. Jekyll?" General Glossop asks.

"We can give a gold as a reward.." Jekyll answers.

"Hahaha.. Gold? Do you want to make this hospital goes bankrupt?" Sir Archibald objects.

"This hospital has a huge income.. A single gold will not affect" Jekyll reassures.

"Hahaha.. You really such a moron.." Sir Archibald laughs as a respond of Jekyll's statement.

"Dr. Jekyll, is there a possibility that we use animal instead of human?" Sir Danvers asks.

"We can't use animal, because human has a different soul with animal. Human's soul is more complex and it's connected with logic. Which is not happened in animal." Jekyll explains.

Sir Danvers frowns as he think any other possibility.

But then, General Glossop says, "Back to my question, if you can't use animal in this research, and we don't give gold as a reward, who will possibly want to be your subject?"

Jekyll gets silent. He actually has the answer of that question but still hesitates to voice that.

"It's seems he has no solution.." Lord Theodore concludes.

"I have." Jekyll quickly responds. He takes a breath for a while then manages to say, "I will use my own father as a subject."

"Bloody Hell!" Lady Elizabeth curses.

"It's a sacrilege, Dr. Jekyll.." Lord Theodore joins.

"Not only a sacrilege it's a blasphemy!" General Glossop als objects.

"Well, you're such a lunatic scientist, Jekyll.. Hahaha..." Sir Archibald laughs as he plays his cigarette.

Sir Danvers tries to calm the situation with asking, "Dr. Jekyll, could you explain how could you have the idea of using your own  father?"

"Actually, the idea of this research I got from my father. My father starts to be sick after he eats food that he gets from dirty money. I believe if I can separate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter