Sequel

Alone

Sequel


 

The rooftop.

It’s been a long time ever since I went to the school’s rooftop. I wasn’t supposed to be there because I’m not a student anymore but Hanbin still got a few students to teach and I needed to wait for him so I decided to go. When I got there, I saw a girl walking slowly on the edge of the building and it alarmed me. Is she going to commit suicide? I couldn’t see her face since her back was facing me and I don’t want to shout or call her because I don’t want to startle her and I don’t really want to be the cause of her death. Her arms were stretched out as if she was balancing herself but it felt like she was thinking hard, feeling the wind gusting through her arms. I should be worried but I found her amusing, I decided to come closer but I didn’t let myself get noticed, I was following her and was waiting for her to turn around so she’ll see me but she’s too caught up looking straight ahead.

“You know you’re different.” I stated and she flinched. She slowly turn around and looked at me.

“You’re insane.” I added.

“Excuse me?” She raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms.

“Why are you even standing on the edge of the building, do you want to die?” I asked.

“Maybe, but it’s none of your business.” She said. She went down the edge and started walking away, I smiled. A few years ago, I was kind of like her, not wanting to talk to anybody and would always want to be alone.

“Aren’t you tired of being alone?” I asked and she stopped walking. It’s funny how a few years ago, I was asked the same question and it took me years to find the answer and now I’m asking it to someone else. What will her answer be? The girl looked at me intently and then went back to walking away again.

“Hey.” I shouted. The girl ignored me and sat at one of the benches at the far end of the rooftop. I went to her and sat beside her.

“What do you want?” She asked.

“Well, I’m not going to answer your question unless you answer mine.” I said and she groaned.

“I’m Bobby by the way.” I said. She remained quiet and didn’t even looked at me. Is this what they felt when I’ve ignored them before? I smiled and looked straight ahead.

“Aren’t you tired of being alone?” I repeated.

“You know, a few years ago, someone asked me the same question and way back then I didn’t have an answer. It actually took me years before I was able to answer that question. Am I tired of being alone? Before yes, but now? not really because I realized I’m not really alone to begin with. I have my family and friends, I just chose to ignore their presence. So how ‘bout you? Aren’t you tired of being alone?” I added.

“Maybe, but really, it’s none of your business.” She said and I nodded. We were different because way back then I was confused and I didn’t have an answer, but for her, it looks like she already have one. An answer she doesn’t really want to face. It’s really none of my business but I wanted to know her, who she really is. Is this what Jisoo felt that time? When she wanted to get to know me? I received a text from Hanbin saying that he’s already done so I stood up.

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’ll leave you here but promise me one thing.”

“What?”

“Don’t hang out here anymore unless you want to die.” I said and her eyebrows furrowed. I smiled at her one last time and left the building.

 

 

 

The grocery store.

I saw Jisoo again but this time, I wasn’t surprised. Not that I was expecting to see her but maybe because I have finally moved on, I don’t have that strange feeling in myself anymore and I don’t feel my heart fluttering whenever I’m near her. Jinhwan ordered me to go grocery shopping for him, I was supposed to protest but he threatened I wouldn’t be able to see his daughter. I almost laughed at him but I realized he was serious, well I wouldn’t want to be away from my favorite niece and even if he didn’t actually threatened me I would probably still go because yeah, hyung’s orders.

That time, Jisoo saw me and she smiled, she was with a girl but I couldn’t see her face. We were in the vegetable area when I went past them and returned a smile.

“Bobby.” Someone called me and I turned around only to see the same girl I saw on the rooftop and she was with Jisoo.

“Hi babe.” She went over and gave me a one sided hug. I was taken aback, babe? Why is she calling me babe?

“Jisoo, this is Bobby, my boyfriend. The one I’ve been telling you.” She said and the girl looked at me as if telling me to go with the flow and I did. Like I said, I found her amusing and I smiled.

“Hayi, we actually know each other.” Jisoo said and the girl, which I assumed is Hayi, looked at me.

“Really?”

“Uh, yeah, we’re… friends.” I replied. It became awkward after that so I decided to break it.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’ll go grocery shopping? We should’ve went together.” I said.

“Well, I just accompanied Jisoo and I didn’t know you’ll be here either.” She replied and I smiled. This is the closest that I’ve been near her and she looks beautiful, I can’t help myself from staring at her and she seemed to have noticed it.

“Am I that pretty to you? Stop staring.” She grunted and I laughed.

“What? I can’t help it, my girlfriend’s so pretty.” I said and I didn’t fail to notice the faint blush forming on her cheeks. I actually kind of forgot that Jisoo was beside her and then she cleared .

“You know what, why don’t you two go grocery shopping together? I’m fine by myself.” She said.

“Uh, are you sure? I’m sure Bobby won’t mind—“

“No, it’s fine. Go ahead.” Jisoo said and she slowly started walking away.

“Well, she said it’s fine so come with me jagiya~” I teased, she rolled her eyes and jokingly pushed me away. When Jisoo was out of sight, I asked her why she told her that I was her boyfriend.

“Peer pressure?” She said and I snorted.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah, I don’t know. Everyone in my clique has a boyfriend and they wouldn’t stop bugging me on why I don’t have one so I pretended I have, it just so happens that I saw you and you told me your name the other day so yeah.” She explained.

Well that’s how I officially met her and after that, I found myself looking forward to seeing her more. I found out that she goes to the same recording studio where Hanbin records his songs and so I found myself spending time with her. I had the chance to get to know her and I found out why she liked going on the rooftop.

“It was a safe haven.” She said. “It’s nice to feel the wind gusting and I could see everything, from the tall buildings, the people walking down the streets. It’s nice, it's calming and it makes me forget about my problems for a while.” She added.

“Well that doesn’t explain why you were standing at the edge of the building.” I said and she shrugged.

“Just wanting to be bold.” Was her answer.

 

 

 

The Park.

I guess know I could say that I have really fallen in love again. The same old fluttering feeling in my heart came back but this time it’s for Hayi. Even Hanbin and the others noticed the slight change in my attitude, they told me I officially came back… back to my old self.

Kim Jiwon not Bobby.

We were in the park when I told her I love her. It was a Sunday afternoon and Hayi was playing with the kids in the park while I was just sitting on one of the benches. Hayi, she’s different to all the girls that I’ve met. She’s not afraid to stand up for what she thinks is right and despite having a lot of problems, she still knows how to smile and maybe that’s one of the reasons why I adore her, why I love her. She’s a strong girl but still I need to protect her, I need to be with her because I love her. I need her in my life.

She sat down beside me and smiled. Oh how I love seeing her smile. It gives me an assurance that everything’s alright, that she’s alright and I can’t help but stare at her beauty. The way her eyes gleam when she sees something beautiful, how she laughs over the simplest things and how she is who she is.

“I love you.” I said, still staring. She looked at me, clearly surprised with what I said.

“What?” She asked.

“I love you.” I repeated and then she laughed. I was taken aback by her reaction and I didn’t expect for her to laugh. I was about to take my words back when she cut me off,

“I love you too.” She said.

“It’s okay if you don’t feel the same way, I mean I know—wait… what?”

“I said, I love you too.” She said, giggling. I cupped her cheeks and put the back of my palm on her forehead as if to check if she was sick.

“Are you sure?” I asked, faking a worried voice and she laughed.

“Do you want me to take it back?” She asked.

“Of course not, I was just joking. You’re perfectly fine.” I said. I threw an arm over her shoulder and hugged her. We spend the rest of the afternoon in the park talking about everything we could think of and it was probably one of the best days of my life, she’s now my girl and this time no one’s going to stop me from loving her.

 


 

 

 

 

Crappy sequel omg i'm so sorry ;n; I kept on rewriting it and wth am I doing with my life?

I hope you like it tho

bye //sits on a corner and re-evaluates life.