Chapter 10

My Guardian Angel

Eric, seriously had problem with cleanliness. The most obvious behaviour was his constant showering and washing of his hands. It was especially so in the Summer.

In the bathroom, the sound of running water could be heard and Hyesung was pacing outside the house in a bored manner.

"Hyesung. Hyesung!" Andy's high pitch voice could be heard far away.

Hyesung quickly flew to Andy and covered his mouth."Sshhh. .. We have an agreement not to be like this."

Andy could only nod his head since his mouth was covered by Hyesung's hand. Hyesung only released his hand when he saw that Andy could not reply him. Andy looked around them for a while before he whispered," Don't worry. When I came here, I made sure that there is no one around."

After Andy mentioned," No one around", a cracking sound could be heard causing both Andy and Hyesung to turn their head to the source of the sound.

Opposite them, stood a white cloak man underneath the Fig tree. He was holding a white rose and he was picking away the thorns on the stem. As his head was lowered, his long hair scattered on his face. His hair was a deep shade of purple and seemed cold. It was so silky that the hair reflected the sunlights. Till the last thorn was removed did he raise his face up.

It was an extremely gorgeous face with a hit of devilish aura. He was to earthly good looking to be a human.

The moment that the man raised his face, Hyesung shivered suddenly because he was looking at Hyesung. Hyesung started to dispute it as it was not possible for that man to have seen him. Hyesung felt that he became more paranoid recently. First, Hyesung suspected the nosy housekeeper, Minwoo, could see him and now, he suspected this man could see him too... Though Andy could see him, it did not mean that so many human could suddenly see him.

Hyesung stopped his inner debate and spread his wings, about to go off when he was shocked at the stalk of white rose in front him.

It was undeniable that the rose was beautiful. Probably, it was freshly picked as there was morning dews on the soft petals. The hand that held on the rose was beautiful too, just like a sculpture Without any blemishes. Hyesung think of Eric's hand as well. Eric had nice hand but there was slight callous on it due to him wielding swords for years. However, the callous could be overlooked.

Ya, this was not important bevause at the very moment, the mysterious man was holding out the rose to Hyesung while he was one knee. He had the most attractive smile on his face. Furthermore, his iris were light purple which was full of gentleness. ...

Ya, this was not the important aspect as well...

The most important thing was that this man could see him!

"You... you can....see me?" Hyesung dazely asked the man while he also dazely took the stalk of rose.

He did not respond but merely held Hyesung's hand and gave a kiss. His lips were icy cold like the early morning mist while it was a gentle kiss with respect.

Hyesung was still in his daze mode.

"You can see him? You can see Hyesung?" Andy was a little surprised but soon he became excited. He started squealing as if he found a friend, "Yes! You can see him, right?"

The man tilted his head at Andy and nodded slightly. He placed a finger over his lips and made a hushing action, causing Andy to quiet down.

"Lord High Priest..." A voice rang out in the distant.

The man stood up and his gaze lingered at Hyesung for a long while before he left. Whilst he passed by Andy, he whispered," Keep it a secret."

Andy's large eyes shone and he nodded vigorously," Yes. Secret!" Being able to see Hyesung was their secret.

Ignoring the man and Andy, Hyesung stiffly walked off and he was still in a state of huge shock.... Was everyone able to see Angel now? How come so many people could see him?

"You.... Why are you in here?" A squealing voice sounded.

Hyesung walked slowly inside and he could not be bother about a man inside. Eric quickly submerged into his tub and stared alarmingly.

"Hyesung!" Eric's voice was quivering.

"Hmm..." Hyesung replied in a lazy tone.

"Why did you come in? I am showering!" A almost embarrassed man started to raise his voice.

"Don't worry about it. It is not something that I had not seen before." Hyesung pouted." I even seen you wet your bed before. "

Wet... wet the bed....

Eric stared at Hyesung in horror before he hung his head low, as if he was dealt with a death blow.

"Oh, what is it?" Hyesung tapped his head,"  From the information exchange with Andy's Guardian Angel, it was common for a human child to wet the bed."

"......" Eric closed his eyes and groaned. He hypnotised himself thar it was fine. Kid wet their bed, it was fine and normal. .. After hypnotising for a while, Eric flared up," But I am now an adult!"

"Right! Come to think of it, you have not been wetting your bed for some time...." Hyesung blinked his eyes while he responded. He had fell off the chair when Eric suddenly yelled.

The green veins popped on Eric's forehead and he was flaming up while he hissed," Ya, I know this! What I meant was a healthy grown up man being watched by another person was a Very uncomfortable feeling!"

Grown up man which Eric had emphasised strongly... It could not blame him bevause any male would flare up when someone said seeing him wetting the bed...

"Huh?" Hyesung blinked his large eyes at Eric, looking very innocent.

Eric sat in his tub and slapped his forehead in despair as he felt his head aching.

"Oh I get it!" Hyesung suddenly clapped his hand and his mouth formed an 'O' shape.

Eric groaned and sighed.

"You are feeling embarrassed and shy." Hyesung flew over and went near to Eric. Hyesung observed Eric's face and saw his cheeks was slightly pinkish," Haha... You are blushing. Haha... You looked so cute! Haha..."

Eric suddenly coughed as he was surprised.

Seeing Eric coughing violently, Hyesung perched over the tub and patted Eric's back. Hyesung was patting gently on Eric's back while Eric sat stiff in the water. Eric felt that the water was boiling in the tub because Hyesung was not patting his back but was stirring his heart.

"Hye... Hyesung." Eric croaked.

"Hmmm, are you better now?" Hyesung did not stop his patting and at the same time, gave a cheery smile while his large eyes were full of concern for him.

"....." Eric was speechless. Staring at the large beautiful eyes, Eric could be considered a saint if he did not have any thinking for Hyesung.

While Eric was having his not so innocent thoughts, a burst of chuckles erupted from the corner of the room. Judging by the outburst, the laughters had been suppressed for a long time.

"Come out!" Eric gritted his teeth and stared at the empty corner.

A white furry 9-tails fox appeared at the originally empty corner. It was in a curled up position and the head was giving out a large yawn. Thereafter, the head slumped back to the ground and it scratched it's pointed ears. "Don't bark at me! I was sleeping here all the way till you two disturb me from my sleep." The fox spoke lazily.

"I am a human and not a dog." Eric was raising his voice at it.

"Okay." The fox wagged it's bushy tails and narrowed it's eyes," Are you sure that you are going to talk with me in the current state you are in? You might caught a cold without any clothes."

"...." Eric was too pissed off," Hyesung, you go out first."

"Why? Dongwan is here too. Why did you single me out?" Hyesung whined and pointed at a fox who widened its eyes, expecting some drama to be unfold.

"Because I am more manly looking and Eric dislike me." The fox grinned.

"....all of you just get out!" Eric was going to go crazy while he was having his shower.

So Hyesung and Dongwan was chased out.

"Eric is too much." The fox shook it's head and walked gracefully out.

"Why is Eric so angry out of a sudden?" Hyesung crunched his nose while trying to think.

"He is shy." The fox smirked.

"Yes. You also think so?" Hyesung looked so happy that someone was agreeing with him.

"Hmm, it is June. A season for attraction and mating..." The fox scratched it's ears and looked meaningfully," For Eric, it's time for him if we go by the Human's way."

"Oh so this is it." Hyesung's mouth an 'O' shape as he understood but he looked puzzled," Mating?"

Eric was sitting inside his tub and turned into a statute when he heard the conversation that took place outside.

"Little Angel, come....." The fox gestured Hyesung to come closer while it whispered something," It like this.... And like then.... And ?)&@!;-.?'llcx"

"Stupid fox, don't you dare sprout rubbish there!" Poor Eric exploded.

Eric was terribly furious and the consequence was bad. Poor Hyesung was being totally ignored by Eric, no matter how Hyesung appeared in Eric's view. Eric simply acted as he did not see Hyesung.

"Ericccccccccc." Hyesung dragged the last tone and was feeling helpless.

Someone just closed his eyes and pretend to be a blind man, not wanting to acknowledge.

"In future, I will not go in when you are bathing, how about that?" Hyesung tugged at Eric's sleeves.

A snort was heard.

"When you are relieving yourself in the washroom, I will avoid too." Hyesung continued.

Another snort was heard.

"When you mate, I will....."

"HYESUNG!" Eric could not help but open his eyes and grind his teeth. Eric wanted to strangle Hyesung and shook him, see what was inside his brain.

"Hmmm." Hyesung blinked his tearing eyes.

Eric immediately cooled down and sighed," You better stay far from that stupid Dongwan and don't let his words from forming weird ideas into your head."

"Yes." Hyesung nodded his head like a obedient boy.

Eric eyed Hyesung suspiciously because it was unusual that Hyesung did not press him for explanation and accepted it.

Hyesung ruffled Eric's head," Wannie said that you are in a stage whereby human will go through: rebellious stage. So you will be frustrated and angry. But don't worry, this is a sign that you are growing up." Hyesung could read Eric's mind when he was feeling suspicious.

"....." Eric had the impulse to murder the idling fox.

Somewhere at a corner, a fox sneezed while taking his nap. He scratched his face and continued to sleep. It was a lazy Summer afternoon and the sunlight crept through the foliage of the tree that Dongwan was curling up. If he could dream, a girl in red dress would surely be inside.....

While bickering and apologizing in the morning, Hyesung forgot something important to bring up to Eric. Such as someone mysterious who could see him...

In the evening, Andy could not sit still with his reading and he threw away his book. The mischevious Andy started climbing the tree to count the eggs in a bird nest. The irresponsible teacher merely ignore this and allowed Andy to go with his plan.

The white fox suddenly woke up from its sleep and straightened his ears. It raised it's head and stood up. Thereafter, it leapt into the air and disappeared.

Hyesung heard approaching foot steps and so did Eric. Because of the fire that took place here years ago, this place was deserted. Except for Lady Hyorin who came by the last time to talk to Eric, no one ever step a foot here.

Seeing the 2 approaching figures, Hyesung's expression changed. One of them was Tiffany and the other one....was the mysterious man who could see him. Sensing his gaze towards him, Hyesung himself behind Eric and curled up.

"Mr Eric." Tiffany went up to Eric.

"Your Highness." Hearing the familiar voice, Eric stood up and bowed.

Tiffany held her skirt and nodded. Realizing that Eric could not see her gesture, Tiffany was feeling bad," My gratitude to you for saving me."

"It is my honour, Your Highness." Eric smiled while his eyes were closed. "I hope Your Highness is fine now."

"Yes, I am fine now and it is all thanks to Junjin." Tiffany smiled.

Hearing the name, Hyesung peeped out from Eric's back and accidentally gazed into a pair of light purple iris.

"Junjin is the High Priest of the Church. Aunt Hyorin invited him to treat me and he has amazing healing skills." Tiffany explained," Cousin Nichkhun is alright too."

Hyesung kept staring at the pair of iris and found Junjin very familiar.

"My pleasure to see you Mr Eric. Her Highness flattered me." Junjin spoke but he was staring at Hyesung. When Hyesung retreated behind Eric once again, Junjin looked at Eric.

Sensing the unfriendly atmosphere, Eric smiled and bowed," Pardon me for not being able to see you."

"It's a shame." Junjin replied.

"Junjin said that he wanted to meet the legendary Hero." Tiffany started to lighten the mood as she sensed the uneasiness.

A rustling noise came from above and Andy called up after being in the tree for long. Eric frowned and took a few steps back, managed to catch Andy. When everything was fine, Andy struggled to get off Eric. As Eric could not grasp his direction, he lost his balance and fell toward the table. Instantly, Hyesung grabbed onto Eric and prevented any mishap from happening.

 "Andy! What are you doing up in the tree?" Tiffany's tone was high pitched as she was shocked from the incident.

Andy merely hung his head low as he was also scared when he fell from the tree.

"Young Master Andy was just being slightly playful for his age." Junjin spoke up for Andy.

"Hyesung...." Eric's voice sounded at Hyesung ears and Hyesung looked up. Hyesung realized that Tiffany, Andy and the High Priest Junjin were no longer around.

"I am fine." Eric sensed Hyesung's worries.

"That man Junjin.... He can see me." Hyesung was worried," Eric, you have to be weary of him."

Eric nodded. He recalled in his place, the dying man with evil spirit. Eric remembered the man mentioned that he was sent by the a high Priest to get rid of Eric.

 

Tiffany came frequently to speak to Eric and everyone in the Manor was saying that Eric was in luck for being favoured by the Princess.

Tiffany sat on the grass and peeped behind a tree, watching Eric who was teaching Andy in using the sword.

"She is peeping at you." Hyesung whispered into Eric's ear.

"Andy, raise your arm. Higher." Eric did not reply to Hyesung but was grabbing Andy's hand with the sword.

The warm breeze blew and ruffled his short hair. Eric was still holding onto Andy's chubby hand to swing the sword, his forehead had messy fringe covering it. Despite of this, Eric looked handsome with his features and there was not even a drop of sweat on him.

"Oh, she is blushing..." Hyesung continued with his blabbering.

"Attack, retreat and charge again." Eric pretended that he did not hear what Hyesung said. He displayed the sword skills precisely and looked dashing.

Hyesung flew to the tree and sat down, sulking. There was a fox perching next to him.

"She is taking a fancy to your little Eric." The fox made a comment.

"Really?" The Angel was excited," So mating will happen?"

Eric slipped and had a fall.

Hyesung was surprised for a split second before he chuckled. Hyesung was laughing so loud that his wings spread and he was holding onto his tummy.

"Mr Eric, are you alright?" Tiffany came running to Eric. Eric was a bit embarrassed, sitting on the ground.

The fox glanced at the laughing Angel and hit him with his tails. Hyesung stopped and looked at Dongwan. He followed Dongwan's gaze at the corridor. Someone was walking at the corridor. A lanky figure with dark purple hair. He did not look anywhere except at Hyesung.

"You know him?" Dongwan asked and he had made himself invisible.

Hyesung shook his head.

"Mr Eric, you scrapped your palm." Tiffany exclaimed and pressed her handkerchief onto Eric's palm.

Hearing Eric was injured, Hyesung flew down from the tree and saw that blood seeped onto the white handkerchief. Tiffany was kneeling next to Eric and she was worried.

"I am fine." Eric hoisted himself up using his good hand," How is Andy?"

"Oh Andy." Tiffany then searched and saw Andy sitting on the ground. She left to check on Andy.

Hyesung went to check on Eric. He held Eric's hand and was glad that the injuries was not so bad. Eric tugged away from Hyesung's hand.

"Don't be childish." Hyesung pouted and placed his hand over the wounds.

Andy was in pain after falling to the ground as he was sobbing with 2 large drops of tears flowing out. Tiffany started to coax Andy till he calmed down. Tiffany turned around and saw her handkerchief lying on the ground. She went and picked it up.