The Third

The Power Within
A/N IM BACK! I am SOOOOOO sorry My Beautiful People!! I PROMISE i am working on updating my stories, as well as a few new stories XD
 
 

Luna's POV

As Jinki pushed open the doors to the study his grandfather used, the one they all, Taemin, Jinki and herself, used to gather in just to listen to the amazing stories he had to tell, she gasped. "It looks exactly the same." 
 
Jinki chuckled, making his way to the desk and leaning back against it. "Yeah." he sighed, looking around. "Your mother did a wonderful job. Keeping it clean, just the way Grandfather liked it."
 
She smiled and stepped further into the room. "Do you remember that time we got locked in here?" she asked with a laugh
 
Jinki scoffed "Do i ever. We were stuck in here for hours. And all because you broke the handle."
 
Luna gaped, "If i remember correctly, if SOMEONE hadnt suggested we hide in here from my mother, i  never would have been NEAR the handle to break in the first place." she said smugly, crossing her arms.
 
Jinki threw his head back and laughed. "Touche. But why were we hiding from her in the first place?" he asked, his brow furrowed as he tried to remember.
 
Luna laughed and went over to lean against the desk beside him. "As i recall, we were playing and accidently knocked over a vase, shattered it."
 
"Ah yes. We were grounded for weeks."
 
Luna scoffed "Not to mention the long lecture from Eomma about lying, sneaking, hiding etc."
 
They both laughed at the memory, but the light air soon disappeared as she watched his face slowly fall. "Remember when my parents died? And the funeral?" he asked softly, his eyes distant as he stared ahead blankly.
 
Luna took a slow breath, keeping a lid on her emotions that were already beginning to stir as a result of that one question. "Yes i do. Like it was yesterday."
 
He was silent for a long time. As she looked at him, just sitting there as his mind was haunted by the memories, she wanted nothing more than to wrap him in her arms. Her hand ached to hold his, her fingers itched to his hair and let him know that everything would be ok. "You helped me a lot you know. Back then." he finally spoke, his voice the slightest bit hoaser than before. "I depended on you, more than you know." he turned and looked at her, his eyes filled with so many emotions, confusion, worry, desperation.
 
Luna smiled, despite what she saw lying in his eyes. "Ill always be here when you need me Jinki." she said softly, hoping to convey to the man in front of her just how sincere she was.
 
He nodded, another pregnant pause slinking by before he spoke again. "I need your help." he whispered. "I dont know who else to turn to."
 
"Anything." she replyed instatnly, the answer to his plea leaving her lips before she could even think about it.
 
Jinki smiled and grabbed her hand, pulling her off the desk and leading her over to the sofa, never once letting go of her hand, even as they were both seated comfertably. "The 12 legends." he said simply, looking at her expectantly.
 
She nodded "Thats one of Grandfather's stories." 
 
He nodded once "You remember it?"
 
She smiled fondly. "Absolutly. That was my favorite." She would always beg to hear that one, at least once everytime she saw Grandfather. She loved the fantastic aspects, the superpwers, the villian, the good guy bad guy dynamic, all of it. 
 
Jinki squeezed her hand, bringing her out of her reminiscing. "What if i told it was true?" he asked, his voice the most serious she had ever heard. 
 
Luna furrowed her brow in confusion. 'Real? that wasnt possible was it?' 
 
"They're back. Just like he said they would." 
 
Luna's mind was reeling. 'He always said they were. Flat out. Every time. I thought he was just tryig to scare us.'
 
"Ive seen them." he whispered, his voice barely audiable.

"What?" she finally spoke, her voice just as low as his

Jinki nodded, squeezing her hand in his again "Junmyeon and Chanyeol. Theyre both legends reborn. Junmyeon is the wateruser, and Chanyeol the Phoenix."
 
Luna was silent, for a long time. "How?" she finally asked "Tell me everything, from the beginning."

Jinki sighed and dropped his head, his shoulders drooping as he visibly relaxed with relief. And so he told her everything, just like she asked. From the moment he was awoken in the early morning, to the moment he left the library. He told every thought, theory, hypothethisis he had on the matter. And after it was all said, it all laid out on the table, he watched her. he watched her as she stared off at nothing, mulling over what he had just revealed to her.
 
After what felt like hours, she finally looked at him. "What can i do?"

Jinki felt a weight lift off his shoulders. "Be my consult, my confidant, my partner. I need someone i can trust more than anyone to help me on this. I have no idea where to even start. How am i supposed to prepare them for whats to come?." he said with a shrug, an unsure expression painting his face.

Luna squeezed his hands. "We'll figure it out. Ill do whatever i can to help."

Jinki smiled and pulled her in for a hug. "Thank you Sunyoung." he whispered into her shoulder, dropping honorifics. 

Luna smiled, 'ill always be here Jinki.'
 
 
 
Jinki's POV

After a few more minutes of talking, they parted ways, heading to their seperate rooms to sleep for the night, well, morning. It was almost 2:30 when they said goodnight.

Jinki went to bed feeling better then he had all day. He now had someone he could confide in. He loved Taemin and trusted him with his life, but he was his little brother. There were just some things he didnt want to burden the boy with.

Jinki was beyond surprised when he woke up the next morning and looked at his clock. It was 10:47 am. 'They let me sleep in?' Bewildered, he shuffled downstaires.

It was eerily quiet as he stepped onto the first floor. "Hmmm." he hummed in confusion, making his way to the kitchen. There he found Mrs. Park washing dishes. "Oh. Morning Mrs. Park." he mumbled groggily, his voice stil raspy with sleep.
The old woman looked up and smiled. "Morning dear." she chirped, going back to her dishes. "You slept awfully late." she said.

Jinki sat down at the kitchen island. "Yeah. Where is everyone?" he assked, rubbing his eyes with the heels of his hands.
"Well, Junmyeon, Chanyeol, Jonghyun, Minho and Sunyoung are still asleep. Kibum just woke up and is showering. As for Taemin, hes been awake since about 7."

Jinki hummed. Taemin had always been an early riser, so he wasnt surprised to hear that. "Why did Kibum not come wake me up? Or Taemin? They hardly ever let me sleep in."

"Oh they wanted to." she laughed. "Especially Taemin. Said he wanted to talk to you. hes in the gym now, has been all morning."

Jinki furrowed his eyebrow. 'What does Taemin wanna talk to me about?' "Ill go down and check on him."

"Tell him he needs to come eat something." she said with a frown. "He didnt eat any breakfast."

Jinki chuckled "0I will. Thanks Halmoni." With that, he stepped out of the kitchen, making his way down to the basement. The basement floor of the entire mansion had been turned into gym, one every athlete would dream of having. There was a basketball court, a parkor studio, a small gymnastic studio, as well as a boxing rink, full weigth set, treadmills etc. Plus a small set of bleachers for bystanders to watch from. 

Jinki walked through everyroom, trying to locate Taemin. He finally found him in the parkour studio. Music was blaring, echoing throughout the entire room. He knew he was in there, as evident by the music, but he couldnt spot him until he leaped over a wall, landing on his feet in a crouch just a few meters away from Jinki. "Hyung!" he called happily, standing up and making his way over, pulling out a remote from his pocket and clicking a button, the music stopping as a result. "Your awake." he panted.

Jinki chuckled "Obviously. How long have you been doing this?" he asked curiously, waving a hand to the parkour obsticle course.

Taemin shrugged and began taking his gloves off "I dont know. 20 minutes maybe?" Jinki arched an eyebrow questioningly. "Before that i was in the gymnastics studio. And after that i danced for a while before coming here." he said, his breath slowly evening out. 

Jinki shrugged questioningly "I never understood why you do that." he stated, shaking his head. "Waking up so early only to work out?" Usually, Taemin would either go for a run or just dance in his room.

Taemin shrugged, shoving his gloves in his pocket. "I just do. It felt good this morning though. Being back home, in the gym i grew up in." he said, his voice nostolgic.

The elder sent him a bittersweet smile. "Mrs. Park said you wanted to talk to me. Are you okay? Is everything alright?" he asked, not being able to hide the hint of worry in his voice.

Taemin grinned. "Im fine hyung, really. I was just thinking."

when he didnt elaborate, Jinki waved his hand. "About?" he hinted

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows "About the legends." Jinki nodded, encouraging him to go on. "Its obvious its true, that theyre all coming back i mean." Jinki nodded and shoved his hands in his pockets. "So that means that the Red One is coming back." Again Jinki nodded. "And THAT means theyre gonna have to fight him."

"Where are you going with this Taemin?" Jinki asked, his patiance not what it usually was seeing as he was not quite fully awake yet. "Whats your point?"

Taemin grinned, knowing precisly why his hyung was so pushy. "My point is, how are we going to prepare them for that?"

Jinki sighed and ran a hand over his face. "Ive thought about that too. And ive drawn a blank everytime."
"Why?" Taemin asked, utterly confused "The answer is right there."

Jinki looked up at him and furrowed his brow in confusion. "What are you talking about Tae?" he sighed, his hand rubbing circles on his temple.

Taemin held his hands out beside him. "Its us hyung." Jinki just looked at him. Taemin sighed and dropped his arms. "Think about it. You have Jonghyun and Kibum who can teach them hand to hand combat." Jinki raised his head at that. "Then Minho can teach them weapons, if they want to at that, i mean theyll have theyre own abilities but...."

"Taemin. Focus." Jinki said, intrigued by what his brother was suggesting.

Taemin smiled "Oh yeah. Anyway, I can help with endurance and agility training. And then you and Luna can help them control and hown their powers. And they can all stay here while we train. Its not like we dont have enough room. And im sure Mrs. Park wouldnt mind. See? Its perfect!" he exclaimed, spreading his arms again, a proud smile on his face.

Jinki gaped at him. 'He has a point.' They could do it. Of its own free will, Jinki's mind began to race, thoughts and ideas about what Taemin just said racing through his mind. 'Could we? Is it really that simple?' He was so wrapped up in his thoughts he didnt realize that Taemin was still talking.

"....right here in the basement. So? What do you think?" he asked, nearly bouncing with excitment.

Jinki shook his head to clear his thoughts before sending the younger a smile. "I think its something ill have to think about and talk to the others about. Keep it to yourslef for now okay?" TAemin nodded, his stomach growling soon after. "How about we go get the others and have some breakfast? Well, brunch." Jinki suggested, throwing an arm over his brothers shoulders and leading him upstairs.
 
 
 
Brunch was a interesting event. Taemin volunteered, quite eunthusiastically, to go wake everyone up and despite his better judgement, Jinki said yes. As he followed Taemin upstairs, heading to his own room to shower and get changed for the day, he overheard Taemin with his first victim. 

"Key-eomma!" he shouted, his room being right across from Jinki's.

"YAH! YOU BRAT! IM CHANGING! HAVNT YOU HEARD OF KNOCKING! Aish!"

Jinki chuckled. 'Maybe putting Taemin on wake up calls wasnt such a good idea.' he thought as he closed his door and heading to the shower. His suspicians were confirmed when Jinki came downstairs roughly twenty minutes later, showered and ready for the day. As he entered the dining room, he was met with quite an amusing sight.

Everyone sat where they had lastnight, only looking much less awake. Jonghyun was slumped over in his chair, his head resting on Kibum's shoulder, the younger playing with his fingers. chanyeol was attempting to sit up straight, and failing miserably. His head was  bobbing up and down, his eyes drfting shut, only for him to snap them open and straighten his posture again. Luna had her head pillowed on her arms on the table. Junmyeon had his chin propped on his fists, his eyes closed. Minho looked the most awake, talking animatidly with Taemin.

After breakfast, and everyone was fully awake, they all headed up to the library to help finish searching. Hours of searching and going through every volume, only to come up empty handed. Feeling a little less hopeful, they spilt up to search the bedroom and study, again, only to come up empty handed. 

Since everyone was feeling discouraged, Kibum suggested going out for dinner. So all 8 of them said goodbye to Mrs. Park and headed out. 

They took two cars from the garage, the vehicles being kept in mint condition thanks to the amazing staff of lee manor. Kibum, Chanyeol, Jinki and Luna were in one car, while Jonghyun, Junmyeon, Taemin and Minho were in another.  
They had a great time at the restraunt they picked. They ate, talked, laughed and just enjoyed themselves, not having to worry about the journal, or the new powers. After dinner, they split up again to head to their respective cars, seeeing as they had to park a block away from the establishment.

they talked amongst themselves as they walked. When they rounded the corner, they saw a man running down the sidewalk. He stopped and braced his hand against the lamp post, panting as he looked behind him, smirking when he saw no one. He didnt have time to enjoy it though because the lamp post he was touching began to flicker before the lightbulb busted, sending glass flying everywhere. He jumped and raised his arms to shield himself.

Jinki gasped, stumbling backward as if he had just been struck, a hand at his chest. 'Again?' His heart beat wildly. He felt adrenaline, aprehension, and the slightest bit of warmth. The pressure in his head appeared, earning a wince of pain at the suddeness of it. 'Its him, that man is a legend.'

Luna was at his side instatnly. She grasped his elbow for support, watching him with a worried expression as he panted, trying to regain his breath. "Jinki what wrong?" she asked softly

"An...another...le..." he tried to speak, but he was still cathcing his breath.

"Are you alright?" Chanyeol asked, stepping towards the man.

The man looked at him and dazzled him with a bright smile. "Im fine. Just got startled is all." 

"Are you sure? You didnt get cut by the glass or anything?" Kibum asked worriedly

He smiled again and waved a dissmissive hand. "Im fine, really." he scoffed "You would think these things would last forever." he laughed, twirling his forefinger in a circle, indicating the other lamp posts in the vicinity. "But i guess they all have expiration dates, like everything else." He laughed with a shrug "What would you call the guy that has the misfortune of having to change all these lightbulbs?" he laughed at his own thought.

But none of them heard a thing he said. Because the moment he twirled his finger, the unexplainable happened. The light from all the surrounding lamp posts, flew from the light bulbs and was now hovering over the mans head, looking like little stars.  "uh....." chanyeol said dumbly, pointing up, oblvious to Jinki's reaction to the man. 

The man furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, but followed Chanyeols finger. "WAH!" he screamed as he jumped away from the floating lights. 

"Hes another one. The lightbearer." Jinki finally gasped out, staring at the man as he backed into a wall, his eyes staring at the lights above his head in pure fear. 

Luna gasped and followed his gaze, just now realizing what had happened while she was busy with Jinki. 
 
"WHAT....WHATS HAPPENING?!?!" he shouted, looking between them all, hoping to find some kind if answer from them. His eyes landed on Jinki and he froze. His expression went from fear to confusion, to uncertainty and then back to fear. "Wh...who are you?"

Jinki stepped foreward, his hands in front of him. "My name is Lee Jinki. Whats yours?" he asked, sending a wary glance to the still floating lights, impressed that they still remained 'Hes strong.'

the man looked him up and down skeptically. "Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." he finally said. "did you do that?" Baekhyun asked accusingly, pointing to the lights

Jinki took a deep breath. "No. You did." he said softly, ignoring the buzzing of his phone as it vibrated in his pocket.
Baekhyun's eyes widened "Me? that....thats impossible. I...."

"I know its scary. But your not the only one. Look." he said, pointing to Chanyeol.

Chanyeol's eyes widened as he looked like a deer in the headlights. A nod from Jinki and he held up his palm, a small fire sparking into existance.

Baekhyun screamed again and brought his hands to his chest. As a result, the lights that were formly hovering overhead collected into a big ball infront of him, earning another scream. "WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?" he yelled, looking between Jinki and Chanyeol with nothing but confusion. 

Jinki sighed softly. 'Maybe that wasnt such a smart move.' he held his hands up again and took another step foreward.
"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Baekhyun shouted, stepping away from the wall and strecthing his arms out in front of him, keeping Jinki at a distance. Unforunatly, like before, the light followed his hand movement and shot towards Jinki, now in the form of a laser beam. But before it could hit him, a hand shot out and pulled him out of its path. Jinki turned to see Kibum with his hand on his shoulder. Again, his phone buzzed in his pocket and again, Jinki ignored it. He had a pretty good feeling who it was and it could wait.

 "Oh my god!" Baekhyun gasped, looking at his hands in horror. "Whats wrong with me?"

Jinki stepped foreward again. "Nothing is wrong with you Baekhyun-ssi. I can tell you exaclty whats going on. But not here. If you come with me, we can talk in peace."

Baekhyun's eyes flicked over the entire group. When his gaze landed on Jinki, he just stared. AS they looked at each other, Jinki could see the trust slowly seeping into his orbs, feeling the pressure in his head begin to dissipitate. He cleared his throat "ok." he said softly. "Im gonna trust you."

Jinki smiled softly, the pressure disappearing with those four little words. He steeped closer to offer his hand to Baekhyun, the later hesitantly reaching out and taking it in a hand tentative handshake. "Thank you." Jinki smiled. "This is Kibum, Luna, and Chanyeol. There are a few others that will meet us later. Okay?"

Baekhyun nodded.

Once again, Jinkis phone vibrated, only this time he picked it up. "HYUNG!" Taemin shouted before Jinki could even mutter a greetingt. "I felt it again. The strange thing that happened yesterday just happneded again only this time it was stronger." Taemin rambled "What does it mean? Is there another one now? Another legend from GRandfather's soryies? What happened?" he asked in quick sucession.

Jinki looked over at Baekhyun who was shaking hands with the others. "Yes there is Taemin. The third Legend just appeared." 

"Really?" Taemin shouted excitedly "Who is it? Which one?"

"The lightbearer. Im bringing him back to the house. Meet us there. Oh, and call and let Mrs. Park know?"
 
 
 
Baekhyun's POV
 

Baekhyun sat squished between the tall guy, 'chanyeol i think he said.' and the blonde 'Kibum was it?' He shrugged. He didnt reall care at the moment. He was too busy going over what just happened in his head, 'Did i really do that? Did i really move that light?' He played the events over and over in his head, trying to understand what was going on.
'Maybe this is all a hidden camera. Maybe im being pranked.' Depsite his thoughts, he knew deep down that this was real. He sighed and glanced around the car, his eyes falling on Jinki in the drivers seat. Baekhyun stared at the back of his head as he tried to solve the mystery that was this man. 

'Why? Why did i say yes? Why did i trust him so easily?' he questioned himself. trust wasnt something Baekhyun gave out so easily. To him, it was something that had to be earned, and treasured, never taken advantage of. But here he was, sitting in a car with people he didnt know after a strange series of events that were unexplainable, going to a place he had never seen, to meet people he had never met, all because this Jinki asked him too. And Baekhyun trusted him. he didnt know why, but he did, from the moment he locked eyes with him, he trusted him more than anything. And that fact alone was more frightening to Baekhyun that what had happened with the lights.
 
 
 
A/N I know ive been a bad author-nim, not updating and all, but please PRETTLY please leave a comment and MAYBE subrscribe??