Answers Pt 1

The Power Within

A/N Ok so i lied. But i only updated becasue i was rereading ch 1 and rthought to myself 'Hmmm. I dont think this is enough to entce them.' Cue Ch 2!!!!! im seriosuly not gonna update after this unless you guys want it. So shoot me a comment if you want the next chapter.

 

 

 

He lied.

Well, sort of.

He hadnt SEEN this kind of thing before, but he had heard about. From his grandfather. He used to tell him and Taemin all kinds of amazing stories. Stories of exceptional men that possesed the most incredible gifts. It was just a coincedence that one of the men in Grandfather's story had the ability to manipulate water. Wasnt it?

Hydrokinesis is what he called it. 'Is THAT what that was? Hydrokinesis?' Grandfather never said he had seen it. The stories he told were about HIs grandfather. So....'Was it all just he said, she said?'

Before, Jinki would have said yes. But now? When he had actually SEEN it, with his own to eyes? Well, now he wasnt so sure.

His uncertainty occupied his mind for the majority of the morning. While he and Junmyeon sat at a donut shop, he was caught staring off into space, thinking about all of Grandfather's stories. By the time they got back to Jumyeon's apartment, Jinki had retold himself every single one of his grandfather's story. Ad he was worried. If Junmyeon had the abiltiy to manipulate water, like the man in the story, then what if someone else had the others? What if all the other abilities the men in the story posessed existed? What if Junmyeon wasnt the only one?

Jinki sighed and began pacing Junmyeon's living room. 'Grandfather would be an aweful big help right about now.' Unfortunately, he passed away when Jinki was 12. And he couldnt go to his father. Both him and his mother had died 2 years ago in a car accident. 'UGH! So what do i do? I need answers...and grandfathers stories are the closest thing to answers i have at this moment.'

An idea came to him then. He stopped pacing "Uh Junmyeon?" he called, the younger being in the bedroom, reading.

"Yes?"

"I uh..i need to look into something." Jinki said distracidly, his mind already turning over the idea in his head.

"Ok I'll come with you." Junmyeon made to grab his coat.

"No." Jinki said firmly.

"What?"

"I...This is something I need to do alone." he felt bad for leaving him out of the loop, he wanted anwers just as much if not more, but he didnt want Junmyeon getting false hope. This idea of his was just a theory. And with where he would have to go? He would just rather be alone.

"But..." the panic was returning to Junmyeons eyes.

"I know." Jinki said, placing his hands on the youngers shoulders. "But Its just a theory. If it turns out to be a lead, I will let you know."

"Im scared to be alone." he whispered.

"Youll be fine. Just stay calm and go back to reading your book. I'll come and get you when I'm done and we can go to lunch with the others as planned. Arisso?"

Junmyeon still looked frightened, but he nodded.

Jinki smiled encouragingly, "I'll be back soon."

Junmyeon simply nodded again, his shoulders slumped.

Once he was out of the building, Jinki pulled out his cell phone, dialing the number he hadnt dialed in a very long time.

"Mrs. Park?....Yes yes its Jinki.....I know, its been to long....listen to me, I need to know if my grandfather's study has been tampered with.....uhuh....you're sure? My father never used it as his own?....uhuh....And youre positive about that?.....Alright alright, I need to see it.....I know Mrs. Park.....Yes, I can be there within the hour....No Mrs.Park Taemin wont be coming....I know and I'm sorry.....ok I'll talk to you when I get there...uhuh....bye."

He hung up and took a deep breath, trying to calm his raging emotions after the phone call that left him feeling nostolgic, sad, guilty, happy and hopefull all in a matter of minutes. Taking another deep breath, he prepaed himself for a visit he promised himslef he would never make. 'This is for Junmyeon.'

 

 

Jinki sighed as he made his way to Junmyeon's door. 'Well that was a waste of time. No it was'nt, you were right to search Grandfather's study, you remembered the journal didn't you? Yeah but we couldnt find it. That doesnt mean anything. We searched all morning. It has to be somewhere in that house, he spent his last months there.'

He rubbed his face with his hand and stopped at Junmyeon's door. There was a note

                  Jonghyun and Minho called. They were already at the restraunt. Sorry for leaving without you. Ill see you there.

                                                   -Junmyeon

Jinki sighed again 'I seem to be doing a lot of sighing today havnt I.' he thought with a half hearted chuckle.

The whole ride there, Jinki tryed to clear his mind. 'I cant let them see me like this. Junmyeon will think it was a bust idea. Taemin and Kibm will be worried. And the others dont need to know about Junmyeon. Not yet anyway.'

As he walked up to the restraunt door, he constructed his face into one of a smiling happy Jinki. When in reality, he was confused, lost, and somewhat hopeless.

Jonghyun, Junmyeon, Minho and Taemin all sat at they're regular table. Jinki saw Junmyeon sigh with relief upon his arrival.' Poor guy. He must have been tense this whole time.'

"Hyung!" Taemin yelled, waving his hand frantically, a big smile on his face.

Jinki smiled for real at that. Seeing his baby brother happy always made him smile. "Hey Tae." he said casually once he took his seat. "Jonghyun, Minho." he said, nodding to each. When he made eye contact with Junmyeon, he simply nodded and smiled encouragingly.'Its alright Junmyeon.' "Wheres Kibum and Chanyeol?" he asked lightly

Minho shrugged.

"Key-umma didnt cancel did he?" Taemin asked with a pout

Jonghyun laughed and ruffled Taemin's hair. "Of course not kiddo. Kibummie said they would be here when I texted him last night."

Taemin's face instantly lit up again.

"But its not like them to be late." Jinki pointed out. "We all know how much Chanyeol hates tardiness."

Jonghyun waved a dismissive hand. "Key probably is just taking forever to get ready. We all know how much he likes fashion as well." Jong recountered.

Jinki furrowed his brow. Something just felt...off. He could'nt explain it, but he felt a strange sort of pressure in his chest and head. It wasnt painful. It was just....there. It was like...like something was about to happen. He couldnt explain it but somehow he knew something was about to happen. He didnt know what though, and that in itself scared him.

"Hyung?"

Jinki was snapped out of his thoughts by Taemin, who was now occupying the chair next to him.

"Are you alright?" Taemin asked, his voice ladden with worry.

Jinki shook his head to clear his thoughts, but the strange pressure remained. He pasted a smile on his face, joping to appease the younger "Im fine Tae. Just got a weird feeling is all."

"Me too." Taemin sighed.

Jinki snapped his head up to look at his brother. "What?"

"Oh nothing serious. Its just....I guess the best way to describe it would be...heaviness? Or pressure. Here and here." he said, pointing to his forehead and chest, right over his heart.

'WHAT?!'

"Dont worry, it doesnt hurt. Honestly I can barely feel it. Now that I think about it," Taemin tapped his chin in thought. "I felt the same way early this morning, shortly before you came in."

If Jinki was confused before, he was MORE than confused now. Because HE had felt that same this morning as well, a few minutes before Junmyeon called. At the time he took it as tiredness. 'How is it that Taemin was feeling the EXACT same thing I felt this morning AND feeling the same way i do now?'

Jinki gulped. "Taemin? Will you tell me if it gets worse?"

Taemin smiled sweetly. "Of course Hyung."

Jinki nodded. 'WHAT is going on?'

As time passed, the pressure increased. Not yet to a painful level but it was a lot more noticable now than it was before. He looked over at Taemin. He seemed fine. Nothing indicating he was feeling what Jinki was feeling now.

"Hey guys! Sorry were late!" Kibum called, as he made his way across the restraunt, Chanyeol on his heels. They took there seats and everyone ordered, as if nothing was out of place.

But Jinki knew otherwise. He knew. He could feel it.

 

A/N Mwahahahahaha!!! CLIFFHANGER!!!!! Well......leave a comment and you can have the next chapter. SARANGHAEYO!! XD