The First

The Power Within

Chapter 1 The First

Had he known that today was the day his life would be turned upside down forever, he would have made sure he got enough sleep the night before. Or made sure he drank more coffee that morning. Because Jinki was NOT prepared for what would follow when he recieved a very strange call from his friend Junmyeon.

It was 5:32 in the morning when Jinki heard his phone going off. Of course he ignored it. 'It is TOO early for ANYTHING!' he thought with a grumble, snuggling deeper into his blankets, feeling a heaviness settle over him.

Ring!

The obnoxiously loud ringing woke him, again.'Theyll get the hint now.' he told himself, once again ignoring the call, once again feeling the heaviness surrond him.

RING!

With a groan, Jinki unburrowed and d blindly for his phone.

"Hello?" he mumbled once his seeking fingers finally finding the evasive device.

"JINKI!" He ripped the phone away from his ear with a wince, bringing it back a few moments later. "You have to come over!"

"Junmyeon?" Jinki asked

"Yes! Come over to my place NOW!" he shouted " Its important! You KNOW i wouldnt call this early if it wasnt!" the panic in his voice was evident, and it put Jinki on high alert. Well, sort of. He was still half alseep.

'He has a point.' Jinki sighed. Junmyeon knew how much Jinki treasured his sleep, so for him to call this early, it must be important. "Alright." Jinki sighed and ran his hand over his eyes and down his face. "Im on my way." Junmyeon sighed heavily with relief. "I expect a BIG pot of coffee." he said firmly.

"Yes! Yes! Of course! Just...Please hurry." he begged softly.

Jinki nodded, despite the fact that Junmyeon couldnt see him, and hung up, dropping the phone on the bed. He scrubbed his face with both hands in an attempt to rid his eyes of sleep. "Well, better get a move on." So Jinki heaved himself off the bed and shuffled around the room, sluggishly donning jeans, a rumpled long sleeved button up, and his boots. He sloppily brushed his teeth and splashed a little water on his face, which helped to wake him up, somewhat.

He grabbed his coat and on his way out, stopped at his brothers room.

Taemin was lying, curled up in a ball on his side, facing the door. Jinki gently shook his slender shoulder.

Taemin moaned sleepily as his eyes cracked open. "Hyung?" he mumbled, propping himself up on an elbow.

"Yeah. Listen, Junmyeon called. He needs me at his place. Ill meet you and everyone else for lunch as planned. Alright?" he explained softly.

Taemin nodded with a yawn, slowly falling back into the bed. He sighed and snuggled into the blankets.

Jinki smiled and gently ran his fingers through Taemin's hair, resulting in the younger letting out a contented sigh and a sleepy smile spreading across his face. Jinki chuckled softly. "Bye Tae." he whispered and with that he donned his coat and left the house.

 

He hadnt even knocked when the door flew open, Jinki's hand still raised in midair. Junmyeon stood on the threshold, his hair strewn out in all directions. 'He looks like a mad scientist.' He was still wearing his sleep pants and a rumpled tshirt.

"Jinki." he sighed, opening the door wider to let him in.

"This had better be good." he said, ending the sentence with a long loud yawn. Jinki plopped onto the couch, slouching and leaning his head against the back of the couch.

"It is!" Junmyeon shouted, throwing his hands out in front of him in a placating gesture. "Im sorry for waking you so early but.." his hands dropped and he began wringing them nerveously. "....it couldnt wait."

'Theres the panic again.' Jinki waved his hand, as if to say 'The stage is yours.'

Junmyeon nodded and took a deep breath. "Something is wrong with me." he said gravelly.

Jinki closed his eyes. "Ok before you launch into this....2 things." he opened his eyes and held up two fingers to emphasize his point. Junmyeon nodded frantically. "1...coffee." Before the word could fully escape his lips, Junmyeon dashed into the kitchen, returning a minute later with a steaming cup of coffee in his hands. He gently handed the cup over to Jinki, wringing his hands nerveously, again, while Jinki sipped.

"Ah." Jinki sighed. "Thank You. Now second? If something is wrong with you, why call me? Isnt this something you would talk to your best friend about? Isnt Jonghyun your best friend?" he asked.

"Well...." Junmyeon looked away, his hand wringing becoming more furious, "First off, you know i hate ranking my friends...."

"But your closer to Jong than anyone. We ALL know that, and dont mind at all." Jinki interrupted.

"...and even if Jonghyun IS my best friend....I dont think hed be any help right now." Junmyeon continued, as if Jinki hadnt spoken.

"And why is that?"

"Well for starters, he doesnt have 4 docorates of science." Junmyeon stated matter of factly.

"Yeah but none of those are medical." Jinki defended.

"Second, he just...well....i mean....i cant explain it...i just......UGH!" Junmyeon groaned and began pacing, raking his hands through his hair in frustration. 'That explains the mad scientist hair.'

"Junmyeon." Jinki called. His friend jumped and turned to face him. "Deep breath."

He did as instructed and took multiple deep breaths. "Now, tell me whats wrong." he said softly.

Junmyeon nodded and took another deep breath. "Its hard to explain." he said again. Jinki nodded, silently urging him to continue. "I dont even know what to call it." he said sofly, fear flickering across his features.

Jinki was worried now. "It? What is IT Junmyeon?" he prodded gently.

The younger hesitated. "I..I think it'll be easier if i show." he nodded to himself and went back into the kitchen. He came out moments later holding a tall clear glass of what seemed to be water. "Just...Dont say anything until....until after. Okay?"

Jinki furrowed his brow in confusion, but nodded.

Junmyeon hovered his hand about a foot over the glass. Jinki's furrowed brow deepened. 'What the hell is he doing.' Junmyeons eyes were focused purely on the water within the glass. Still confused, Jinki followed his gaze and focused his attention on the clear liquid.

A minute passed.

Nothing.

Thirty seconds.

Nothing

The water trembled.

Jinki's brow knitted together as leaned forward. 'What the hell was that? He didnt touched it. So how.....'

Jinki reared back, his jaw dropped and his eyes wide open. 'The water! It....it....'

Moved. The water moved. A small drop was slowly rising up and out of the glass, followed by a tiny stream of water.

Jinki looked at Junmyeon. His brow was furrowed in concentration, sweat collecting on his forehead. His hand was trembling. 'JUNMYEON? HE is controling it?!'

He looked back at the water stream. It had risen about an inch over the top of the glass. Junmyeon groaned lowly, before he dropped his hand with a heavy sigh, the water raining down on the coffee table. He braced his hands on his knees, breathing heavily.

Jinki was frozen. 'He...he just...' Part of him was scared out of his mind. Seeing something that he had only seen on tv..happening right in front of him? Who wouldnt be scared. Another part was extremly interested. This kind manipulation of water..without the use of an electric charge or another source? Absolutly fasinating! Another was confused. Junmyeon? ONe of his closest friends? One of the most shy and friendliest people he had ever met? Was now capable of...of...of this?! He hated to admit it, but right now, he was frightened of Junmyeon. There was no way of knowing what Junmyeon could do if was angered, upset, stressed.....

Junmyeon looked at him then, his hands still braced on his knees, his chest heaving, and his eyes filled with fear. Instantly, all the fear and aprehension Jinki had been feeling, washed away. 'What is WRONG with me? Junmyeon is my friend. He would NEVER hurt me. And right now, he needs me.' So Jinki stood and walked over to his friend. He gently removed one hand from his knee and made to pull him towards the couch to sit, but Junmyeon leaned his head into his hyungs shoulder.

"Hyung...Im scared." he whispered, his words muffled by Jinki's coat.

Jinki smiled softly and wrapped his arm around the youngers trembling shoulders, leading him to the couch to sit.

Despite his maturity he projected and how he often took care of everyone else, Junmyeon was so sheltered and so naive sometimes, it was like he was a child. Now was one of those times. He sat, trembling, on the couch while Jinki rubbed soothing circles on his back until he calmed down.

When he finally stopped trembling, Jinki took a deep breath. "Can you tell me what happened? From the beginning?" he asked gently.

The younger closed his eyes and took a deep breath. He nodded. "This morning, about 5:00, my alarm went off, like it does every morning."

Jinki nodded. "So you could start getting ready for class. Right?"

He nodded again. "I went into the kitchen to make breakfast, only i hadnt gone grocery shopping this week so i decided i would get a bagel on the way. But i poured myself a glass of w...water to help my dry throat." Jinki nodded "I turned to walk back into my room to get dressed, but on my way through the living room, i...i tripped over the edge of the carpet." he pointed to the location. "I fell on my side and raised my hands, waiting for the water and the glass to fall on me..." Jinki nodded again and rubbed his back, silently urging him to continue when he hesitated. "When it didnt come, I...I opened my eyes and looked up. Th...the water...it was....hovering....just in...inches from where my hands were." Junmyeon raised his hands in front of him. "I crawled away and when i looked at the broken glass, the water fell. I...i didnt know what to do. So i just cleaned it up."

"Then you called me?"

"Well, its like i was trying to tell you earlier. I dont know how to explain it but....I just...FELT...like you were the one to call." Jinki just stared at him blankly. Junmyeon sighed. "Its like....you were the first person that came to mind. As soon as i realized i needed help, your face came to mind."

Jinki looked away rubbed his chin. "Hmmmmm. I see."

"So? Do you know what it is? Have you ever seen something like this before?" Junmyeon asked frantically.

He shook his head. "No I havnt. I have no idea what this is." Junmyeon's shoulders slumped, crestfallen. "But im goning to find out." he added, placing his hand on the youngers back. "For now, lets get you dressed and go get something to eat. Arisoo?"

ALthough a bit apprehensivly, Junmyeon agreed.

 

A/N So......how was it?  Honestly. Seeing as this is my first time writing this kind of fic, Im not going to  update unless you beautiful people ask for it. Therfore, if you want the next chapter, leave a comment requesting the next part. If i get enough requests, you can bet your balls ill update. So till then...Saranghaeyo beautiful people!!!