Exhaustion

Cheesecake

"So...on which side do you sleep?" Sehun asked as they were standing in Luhan's room in the orphanage.

"On the left, but we can change too...It's up to you."

The younger boy nodded and threw his bag on top of the bed on the right side of the room. He then sat down next to it,

 

 

"I actually did ask my grandma for permission although I am legally and adult and stuff. I expected her to be a little sad, because I couldn't accompany her, but she was actually pretty happy that I've gotten a friend. I didn't expect that." Sehun told his friend and Luhan just smiled.

"That's really awesome."

"I'm not really an out-going person so I guess grandma was kind of surprised. She said she wants to meet you soon. How about tomorrow?"

Luhan nervously looked around. "I..." he started to say but then someone knocked at the door.

It was Mrs. Ryu. "Luhan dear, can you help me bring the kids to bed?"

The boy nodded and nudged Sehun's shoulder. "Let's go!" Luhan hoped that Sehun won't ask again.

 

 

They entered Sihyun's room. The girl was lying in bed. The other one was unoccupied. 

"Good girl." Luhan brushed his hand over her forehead. Sihyun had pulled her blanket up to her nose.  "Good night, sweetie."

"Good night oppa," Sihyun mumbled through her blanket and Luhan smiled. He looked like an angel.

 

 

They completed their tour after going to every room and wishing all of the kids goodnight. Some where already in their beds just like Sihyun. Others were still running around in their rooms and Luhan and Sehun had to carry them into their beds.

Of course Luhan knew that some of them will jump around again after the two friends had left again, but that was everything they could do. 

Luhan really loved the children. He wished that every one of them can have a nice family, just like his friend Jisoo back then. Luhan would adopt each of them. He couldn't understand why they were still here.

There's nothing wrong with them.

Okay, nothing was wrong with Luhan either, but no one wanted him.

 

 

"What's wrong? What are you thinking about?" Sehun suddenly asked Luhan, while they were in their way back to Luhan's room. 

"I was just thinking about the children here." The older boy looked a little sad. "I wish I could help them more." 

The younger boy put an arm around Luhan's shoulder. 

"You're here...this probably helps them already."

"Do you think so?"

"Yeah. For me....I appreciate to have gotten to know you..." Sehun grinned. "I appreciate that you forgot your ring in the train."

 

 

"But Sehun, imagine it wasn't you who I was sitting next to, but some weird random person...I would have never seen my ring again."

"Yes, but you offered me that free seat next to you remember?" Sehun smirked as they arrived.

"That's true. One point for you." Luhan held his hand up. The ring was on his middle finger, contrasting to his pale left hand. 

 

"It's special to you, huh?" Sehun noticed, while Luhan was looking at his hand.

"It's the only thing I have from my family. The orphanage ladies, Mrs. Ryu when she was younger, found it with me. It's like the only clue I have."

"My parents died in an accident when I was younger..." Sehun pointed out.

"Oh...I'm sorry."

"You don't have to...It's just...I can understand what you are feeling....kinda...but...let's not think about sad things at this time of the day. We are here, healthy and alive. We should be happy about what we have right now, right?" Sehun smiled and covered Luhan's ring with his hands. 

"How about we play a game, or are you tired?" The younger boy suggested and looked at his friend, who started to yawn right at that moment. 

"I'm sorry Sehun. Let's play tomorrow..." 

 

 

After changing into their pyjamas and being done for the bed-time, Luhan closed the curtains and they lay down in their beds. 

"I'm usually not like that. I can stay awake and play video games until 3am, but not today." Luhan explained and Sehun smiled, although the other boy couldn't see that in the dark.

"I'm exhausting you." The younger boy said and Luhan laughed. "Probably."

 

Suddenly the lights and Sehun and Luhan stared at the door.

 

 

"Luhan oppa I can't sleep." It was Shihyun with her teddy bear.

"The room is so empty without Rian." The girl rubbed her eyes. "I feel so lonely." 

Luhan yawned again. "Do you want me to read a bedtime story for you?" The young girl nodded.

 

The boy stood up and motioned her to lie down in his bed, while he went to his bookshelf to look for a suitable story. He pulled out a book full of fairy tales and sat down on the edge of the bed next to her.

"Close your eyes and listen to my voice, okay?"

Shihyun nodded.