you are my plain jane.

Make It Red

 

 

 

 

 

you are my plain jane.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

With the water streaming down his body Lu Han used the shower gel he had in his hand applied it on his body. After Sehun had said that his smell wasn't really nice he was sure to clean himself even better. Little did Lu Han know that this wouldn't really help him. Using water or not; he would keep his human smell forever. He couldn't just rinse it out with water. Lu Han didn't listen to Sehun when he had tried to clarify because everything he said was possibly just exaggerated. Washing himself with water would most definitely work, he was sure.

 

 

 

As he rubbed the lotion onto his skin, a picture of Sehun's words came into his mind.

 

 

 

 

Your human scent is undesirable.

 

 

 

Lu Han sighed and scratched his shampoo filled head. He didn't know anymore. It was good that he didn't smell good as fewer vampires would approach him. But wouldn't Sehun be also annoyed by it? He decided to stay with Lu Han and in spite of that he was still not sure why exactly he was there. Of course he had declared his aim and reason to have come to the human world. But this wouldn't be enough. He had to properly express himself. Lu Han was desirable- he didn't know what Sehun was talking about. He was totally needed, vampire or not.

 

 

 

Well the reason for him to be single for so long was that there was nobody worthy enough.

 

 

 

 

The water flowed from the showerhead, landing on his head, arms, and back. It trickled progressively from the strands of his dark hair that were hanging down on his forehead. The air in the room steadily steamed as a result of the high temperature of the water. It was pouring from the showerhead past his back as the water ran down his feet towards the drain. The steam continued to rise and fill the room so that Lu Han had to leave soon.

 

 

He let the warm water soak his skin, completely sink into his hair and soothe his wild heartbeat. Lu Han would make Sehun understand that he was desirable. In college they were all after Lu Han but just too shy to admit it. Well that was nowhere close to reality. Nevertheless this was how he dealt with rejection. He wasn't literally rejected but saying that he was not desirable was bull. He exhaled slowly before leaving the shower to dress himself. He would teach that brat that couldn't talk to Lu Han like that. This was his apartment so he had to obey his rules. Lu Han wasn't sure why he let someone like Sehun live with him.

 

 

 

 

He did feel sorry for Sehun since he didn't have anyone else.

 

 

 

 

Just when his heart had softened and he felt a bit calmer- Sehun obviously had to ruin that. A blurry reflection of his face appeared on the mirror. He beamed and made fun of Lu Han by waving his arms up and down:

 

 

 

 

"Nobody will pay attention to you! Not even in the vampire world!"

 

 

 

Lu Han harshly inhaled through his nose and flipped the reflection off:

 

 

 

"Shut up! I don't need anyone! AND MY IS NOT FLAT!"

 

 

The shoulders of the reflection of Sehun slumped down as he tilted his head in confusion, "I've never mentioned your ..." With this the image vanished and Lu Han saw again his own reflection which was frowning. His eyes were focused on the mirror and for once he was seeing himself as a person. This was how other people saw Lu Han. Could it be that his appearance was the reason why nobody paid attention? Did he look too boring? Shaking his head, he dismissed those thoughts and began to dry himself with the towel.

 

 

His heart was hammering nearly out of control when he had finally slipped into his pyjama pants and was ready to go. Lu Han didn't care what Sehun thought about it. He didn't. He wouldn't change for anyone, he was who he was. His damp feet glided on the floor more than a few times, but utter fortitude kept him straight.

 

 

Resting the damp towel on his shoulders he left the bathroom with nothing more to think. He could hear the voices from the TV in his room as Sehun invited himself to watch something. He really did whatever he wanted. From telling someone that they smelled to sitting on their bed.

 

 

 

Lu Han's eye twitched when he saw that his guest was sitting on his bed.

 

 

His bed.

 

 

 

 

There wasn't anybody who would be allowed. That was not right. He hated it when seeing that someone would sit at the place where he slept. Except himself of course. Not a lot of people came over but even so Kyungsoo would never dare to do that. Sehun however probably had a death wish by sitting with his legs outstretched and wearing the same clothes. Didn't he have anything else to wear considering that they definitely would be dirty? Knowing that this matter wouldn't be worth his time Lu Han hung his wet towel and rummaged in his draws to find his hair dryer.

 

 

Sehun didn't even spare a glance at the owner of the bed and carried on with watching a variety show. He didn't really understand but it looked like fun. In the back of his mind he heard that the other was looking through something and in time towed it out. He was surprised that Lu Han wanted to take a shower after him telling Lu Han that his smell made vampires stay away from him. Wasn't that good? Having Sehun around was difficult enough and Lu Han wouldn't be able to run away from any other monster.

 

 

 

He was lucky that Sehun wouldn't hurt him but that didn't apply for every vampire out there.

 

 

 

 

If there were any.

 

 

 

 

The loud sound of the hairdryer blowing was quick to shock Sehun who had immediately stopped watching. He hastily turned around to Lu Han who was sitting next to his pillow also on his bed, drying his hair. He noticed that Sehun was watching and thought that he needed an explanation, "Sorry I hope that doesn't bother you." Lu Han blankly said and continued to dry his hair, not listening to the other's response. He deserved that for being on Lu Han's bed. It belonged to only him.

 

 

"I don't like it to sleep with wet hair." Lu Han started, leaning his head back. Despite the noise Sehun seemed to understand and slowly nodded. Something was burning his sides when he saw how peaceful and calm Lu Han was when he dried his hair. Sehun watched longer, as Lu Han's fingers brushed the slightly puffy black strands of his hair. He knew he was being a bit childish to seek revenge like that because it actually seemed like Sehun wasn't looking at the TV. He was ignoring the show and rather observed Lu Han who couldn't believe that his plan backfired.

 

 

Feeling uncomfortable about the staring, Lu Han looked aside but Sehun didn't drop his enquiring gaze. What was so enthralling about that? Maybe he would stop if Lu Han closed his eyes or look away. He stopped blowing his hair and turned it off. Then he paused at the feeling of nails brushing lightly against his scalp. Straightaway a quiver slid down Lu Han's back followed by a blush. Was Sehun doing that? Those movements didn't halt when he felt that those fingers combed through his warm hair.

 

 

"It's dry...and warm..." Sehun said in wonder and sustained to hold and caress Lu Han's hair. This had to be his first time seeing this. It made sense. He was a vampire right? Lu Han didn't make a scene and let the other touch his hair like that. It made him feel uncomfortable and awkward. Regardless of this discomfort Lu Han smiled and even chuckled when Sehun compared his own hair with Lu Han's. Yes Sehun was a shameless brat but he could also have his cute moments.

 

 

 

 

He didn't stop with the touching so that Lu Han had to grab the hand and put it down, "Now that's enough. I know my hair feels great." He said and deliberately shook his head to make the other comprehend. Lu Han's gaze flicking back up to his for a split second before he looked away again. He wanted so badly to shake Sehun and ask him if he still smelled, but he forced himself to wait and get himself together. Wouldn't he seem desperate if he would ask? It would look like that.

 

 

"I mean you must have smelled a difference right?" Lu Han said in a lighter tone and flicked his non-existent long hair. It was after the words left his lips that he realized that what he said was a far far from what he wanted to sound. He quickly picked that up and he was lucky that Sehun ignored his words and had his eyes back on the TV screen. Yes Lu Han showered for Sehun to point out the difference although this wouldn't really be possible.

 

 

"There is a difference. I'm sure there is." Moving on his bed, Lu Han bit his lips when he realised that what was supposed to be a refined wish to answer sounded more like an order Sehun had to carry out. Sehun barely looked at the other and then laid back on the bed with closed eyes. When he didn't answer quickly enough, Lu Han sent him a quick glance and continued on. "I mean I used a lot of water...and new stuff that will make my hair smell better than before. So you should appreciate that by getting off my bed and compliment me."

 

 

This flow of words jerked to a halt when Sehun took the pillow and chucked it to Lu Han's face.

 

 

 

 

"Shut up I am trying to sleep."

 

 

 

 

"Well then...get off and change..."

 

 

 

"Shut up. Flatt-butts have nothing to say."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

This was how Lu Han ended up taking two thirds of the bed- his limbs were stretched out as he loudly snored and his eyes were covered with his sleeping mask.

 

 

 

 

Sehun still could peacefully sleep although being buried under the other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

When Sehun woke up, he found himself alone on the bed.

 

 

 

After opening and closing his eyes a few times he grasped that it was morning. Without further delay he curled himself into a ball with the blanket to avoid the sun. He could hear a few birds chirping which was too annoying for a morning, "I Prince Sehun demand you to be quiet!" Sehun yelled from underneath the covers, expecting the birds with this warning to be silent. Of course this wasn't really successful as two seconds later a bird decided to chirp again. Due to obvious reasons, Sehun had difficulties with leaving the bed and so he had to get used to that.

 

 

Crawling down from the bed to the floor, Sehun managed it to sit up and turned his head to the right and left side. Lu Han was really gone. Maybe for classes?  There was the possibility and Sehun didn't wait long for him to be in a thoroughgoing bad mood. And it was like he could do nothing against it. The pessimism just seemed to settle around his shoulders and push him down. It would be so boring if he would be alone. There was no Lu Han in sight whom he could tease with pleasure. Sehun drew the covers over his head to hide himself when walking out of the room.

 

 

He wouldn't risk it to get shine at by the sun.

 

 

 

While walking through the empty and cold apartment, he was in deep thought and gloom, once again, that he almost didn't really care anymore. When he reappeared from his thoughts to hear what else he had to think, he didn't expect Lu Han to be part of this thinking procedure. Being in the living room Sehun didn't say a word and silently wandered around. He wasn't used to be in such a small building. He would eventually like it but nothing would beat his gigantic castle. He was one of the youngest princes with 117 to ever revisit the human world. Since all vampires were originally humans they had lived here.

 

It was just very problematic to come back.

 

 

 

Sehun who was bored as ever had nothing to do then get familiar with his environment. Although he didn't need to, he brushed his teeth and played a bit with the water from the tap. He also remembered that Lu Han always told him to take his shoes off even when he slept. That was just inconvenient but Sehun did it anyway. He slipped his boots off and threw them away as well as his cape. There was really nothing exciting in Lu Han's living room- everything was uninteresting. Well excluding a few pictures. In the beginning he wasn't engrossed at all but the longer he stared at the pictures which were in frames, Sehun looked less annoyed and he seemed to be getting more furtive than anything else.

 

 

The silence overextended and Sehun couldn't defeat this nosiness to look and judge. The curtains were luckily drawn shut. Lu Han had either done that to protect Sehun from the sunlight or he was just lazy. Moving on, those pictures had his attention again which he couldn't refuse. Since he lived with Lu Han, shouldn't he know more about him? There was no sign that said that he wasn't allowed to do that.

 

 

Walking over to check, Sehun was more excited than he should have been. He took the frame and pulled it closer to him so that he could have a look. The first picture was in colour- something that he hadn't seen much. It was a young boy who strangely resembled a simple girl with two adults. Could they be his parents? That boy did look like Lu Han a lot. The boy seemed somewhat frail although this present Lu Han was not frail. His legs were heavy when they had slept and almost killed Sehun in his sleep. Sehun wouldn’t die from that but that didn’t mean that he enjoyed it. His chest didn't stop paining when Lu Han legs were on it, almost cutting off the air in his lungs. The longer Sehun stared at the picture, the weirder he felt.

 

 

It was just young Lu Han sitting on a chair while both of his parents were on each side of the chair. They weren't smiling; Lu Han was the only one. A light flashed in front of Sehun's eyes at which point he instantly covered his eyes. Shortly after that, he opened them again and was suddenly standing inside the room where the picture would be soon taken. He didn't feel creeped out as this wasn't the first time it happened. If anything he liked that a lot. He would be able to find out how Lu Han was when he was younger.

 

 

 

 

The lady carried the boy in her arms and urged him to sit down on the chair. She was speaking in a foreign language Sehun unfortunately didn't understand. He was standing next to the photographer who obviously couldn't see the uninvited guest. Nobody could see Sehun. With the exception of one person. The father hadn't said anything and was purely waiting for the picture to be taken. The photographer was counting while the three were not smiling and looked indifferent.

 

 

Until Sehun kneeled down and smiling waved at the child.

 

 

 

Lu Han smiled back but had enough willpower to not wave.

 

 

 

In a blink of an eye, Sehun was back in the living room. He wasn't quite sure what to think about that, but he knew that it was fun. Being the youngest in the family- he couldn't do anything. He couldn't hunt nor could he fight. His older brothers and parents always hunted for him and gave him blood to take. He didn't know how he had done that. If on this picture Lu Han was already smiling when Sehun had seen it for the first time, didn't that mean that he already had visited Lu Han beforehand? Being too tired to do any brain thinking; Sehun groaned and let his body drop on the couch.

 

 

 

The second picture was Lu Han alone holding a bunch of flowers in his arms. Did he graduate high school? Sehun had read something similar. Before he was allowed to come to this world he had to do a lot of reading. 1897 was the time when Sehun was born and a lot of things had changed by then. The buildings were different, there weren't any carriages anymore...everything was different. He had to admit though that Lu Han didn't look bad in that picture. Actually pretty good. Who knew that someone like him could actually be this stunning?

 

 

Sehun never sugar-coated anything and his true opinion about Lu Han's appearance was that he looked boring. Very plain on top of that. There were good looking people, ugly people and then Lu Han. He wasn't totally ugly or specifically beautiful. And Sehun wasn't sure if he liked that. Sunhwa was pretty plain too. And Lu Han slowly went to the boring direction. Well Sehun had high standards like already mentioned. Maybe other people would think that a particular person was so handsome or pretty. But there was a 99.9% chance that Sehun would think that this person would be ugly.

 

 

 

There were a lot of people in the world who were ugly and Sehun didn't mind that. Being ugly on the outside didn't mean that one had an ugly heart too. That was why he usually didn't pay much attention to one's face. But now he obviously did pay attention because he was thinking about Lu Han's face. He thought a lot about Lu Han, perhaps more than he should.

 

 

 

 

"What are you doing."

 

 

 

 

 

Lifting leisurely his body, Sehun could see a confused Lu Han standing at the doorframe with two plastic bags in his hands. If Sehun wouldn't have seen his school bag on his back- he would have assumed that Lu Han just went shopping. He walked in and before he could look at the picture frame in Sehun's hands, the latter swiftly hid it behind his back. He wouldn't show what he had been doing. Dropping both plastic bags and his own bag, on the table, Lu Han stretched his hand out to Sehun.

 

 

 

"Give it back." He demanded and came closer.

 

 

 

Sehun stared at the flat palm in front of him and slapped it, "Nope. Get it if you want." He smirked and stuck his tongue out in delight. A bit of playing would not hurt anyone. Well Lu Han seemed to disagree because he glared and anyway jumped on the other. With the aim in mind to get his picture back, Lu Han wouldn't treat him with care. He was lucky that he didn't know that Sehun had seen him in an even more embarrassing picture. That would be the end of him. He couldn't understand why Sehun would be so mean to him.

 

 

"G-Give it back!!" Extending his arms as long as he could, Lu Han struggled to get it back. Even when he lay flat on his stomach over Sehun's torso. What did he do to get punished like that? His pictures were secrets nobody was allowed to see. The main reason was that Lu Han didn't want anyone to see this captured moment of him being....unexciting. And someone like Sehun would make fun of him until he would die.

 

 

It was easy to see who was currently leading but Sehun should not have been so careless. He could feel something strange in his sides that forced him to burst out with laughter. He didn't like this foreign feeling of getting tickled. He didn't like it to be enforced to laugh when he wanted to be angry at Lu Han for doing that. This tickling made him feel weak and helpless. His head was on the big edge of the couch while he barely managed it to hold Lu Han's hands to prevent further. A prince like him was treated like that? How degrading.

 

 

In the next moment he laughed again because one of Lu Han's hands glided out of the hold. Sehun was doing his best to escape but he was laughing so hard that he didn't have the strength to do much more than writhe.

 

 

"O-Okay! Okay! I s-surrender!" Sehun shook his head and cried, trying in vain to bat away Lu Han's annoying hands. The one who assaulted him did probably not believe him and continued the act of torturing the other. Sehun couldn't understand why he was being ignored and wailed while laughing until his sides hurt. Right now Sehun would do everything to be released. But when this tickle madness would stop, he wouldn't do .

 

 

"L-Listen I...as a p-prince...will...p-promise...." Sehun attempted to get mad but just couldn't and simply begged sandwiched by his laughs, still trying to escape his fingers. Sehun finally was successful and could eventually roll from the couch. This was not how a prince should be treated. Good that he still had the picture and get his revenge. If Lu Han would have done that in his world then he would have faced the death sentence for mistreating a prince like that. But this aside, Sehun did have fun. His stomach still hurt as well as his throat but it was fun.

 

 

In between heavy inhaling, Sehun lifted his head up with an upset expression that made Lu Han somewhat laugh. That was the first time Lu Han seriously was laughing and not a sarcastic 'ha-ha'. And Sehun had noticed that as well as he looked circumspectly at Lu Han even though he couldn't keep the annoyed expression off his face. This softened when he noticed that Lu Han had something special when he laughed

 

 

 

"That could cost you your life." Sehun exclaimed, trying his hardest to frown at him but with little hope. He just couldn't.

 

 

 

"That was fun." Honest as ever Lu Han admitted that and rather sounded thoughtful than amused, "I mean I had fun." He stared off and again seemed to be in deep thoughts to be thinking like that. The picture wasn't even important anymore. It wasn't really. Lu Han didn't have much physical contact with others, even Kyungsoo. It was just that he easily shied away and shook his head in loathing by being told to touch others in group work when he was younger. He didn't like it. But he just now didn't think about that and only wanted his picture back. The picture was the most important thing in that moment after all.

 

 

"You know Han..." Sehun whispered and this was the first time in a while that he was calling him by his actual name. He didn't call him by this stupid nickname that Lu Han didn't approve of. Sehun scrambled back onto the couch and sat back down in front of Lu Han. If the name calling wasn't strange enough, Sehun tenderly caressed Lu Han's cheek as his breath hitched in his throat. Lu Han's eyes flew up to meet his, overloaded with uncertainty. He had not expected him to lay his hands on him. The warmth in his eyes appeased Lu Han which had a weakening effect on him.

 

 

Taking a chance, Sehun angled himself further up to lean closer to Lu Han, "You..." he continued in the silence making the blushing Lu Han freeze in anticipation. As Sehun dipped his face closer to his, their eyes met, and Lu Han couldn't understand how the mood could change this quickly. He didn't know if he was prepared for that but waited with heated cheeks for the moment. Sehun leaned closer if that was possible and caused their foreheads to touch.

 

 

 

 

"You have wrinkles when you laugh. Lots of them. Are you sure you're 23?"

 

 

 

 

Lu Han, without a sound gazed at him.

 

 

 

"I mean I admit that you have a baby-face but your wrinkles are no joke."

 

 

 

 

 

Dragging his hand back, it came flying forward and came painfully in contact with Sehun's cheek.

 

 

 

 

After that he huffed and walked away, leaving Sehun with a burning handprint on his cheek.

 

 

 

 

 

"Did I say something wrong?"

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

Although he was humiliated earlier, Lu Han was kind enough to use the things to eat he had bought for Sehun. He knew that Sehun had mentioned a million times that he couldn't eat human food but there were things nobody would be able resist. And another reason was that he didn't want Sehun to attack someone. The last thing he wanted was a corpse in his house. Sitting at the kitchen table with Sehun on the other side, Lu Han opened up the different packages he had bought.

 

 

 

"Ice cream." Lu Han stated and pointed at the rectangular box.

 

 

 

"Ice cream." Sehun repeated and nodded.

 

 

 

"Chocolate." Lu Han held a bar in his hand and presented it the other.

 

 

 

"Chocolate- hey I know what chocolate is." Sehun halfway stopped to glare.

 

 

 

"Sweets." Lu Han said as his hand was filled with different coloured candies.

 

 

 

"Sweets."

 

 

 

 

Now it would be Sehun's choice which one he would want to try first. Lu Han liked all three of them but chocolate would be his favourite. He didn't really think that Sehun would like any of them but it was worth a try. He wanted to eat them for himself as well so he used Sehun as an excuse. Sehun looked at all three options and appeared to be thinking hard. Of course he should, that would be a difficult decision to make. He took the spoon which was on top of the ice cream box. Then he opened the box and dug his spoon into the pinkish considerably solid substance. Sehun was already mentally cringing while Lu Han was impatiently waiting for him to try.

 

 

 

Taking as little as possible, Sehun raised his spoon and led it to his mouth. As soon as his tongue made contact with the coldness and his gums began to take in the flavour, he made an offended face, "That is a fail. Ew." He shook his head and was lucky to have taken a bit rather than too much. He would have probably vomited it out if more would have been consumed. Humans actually liked that? The admittance coming hard for him, since he was wholly unsure of whether or not he would be able to eat anything of that. He watched Lu Han chew his lip for a silent, moment before he looked up at him.

 

 

 

"Here try this." Leaning forwards, Lu Han removed the wrapping paper of a sweet and held it out for Sehun to try. Being mentally scarred by the ice cream, Sehun shook his head and declined. He didn't want to taste anything again. Maybe chocolate since he knew what it was. Blood was the only thing that would keep him going but chocolate would be a good substitute. It was better than whatever Lu Han would give him, far better.

 

 

"No thank you. I'll stick to blood."

 

 

The ringing doorbell broke off their staring battle and Sehun decided to go. Lu Han was already used to living with Sehun even though it hadn't been very long. So he didn't think of anything when Sehun was the one to open the door. He should have sat further up or further back, because the position in which he found himself was very uncomfortable. Lu Han looked to the direction of where the door should be and sighed. Blood in his house was a no go. Chocolate sounded good even if it wasn't really healthy. But what did he know?

 

 

 

 

After Sehun had pulled the handle, he saw someone giving him an odd look for opening up.

 

 

 

 

As if he didn't expect Sehun.

 

 

 

 

"Flat--Lu residence, how can I help?"

 

 

 

This guy stepped back and trailed his eyes to the number of the door. He was checking if he was really at the right place. Kyungsoo had never seen a person in Lu Han's apartment- he never had any guests over. He didn't know how he should react. Maybe call for the owner? "Is Lu Han here?" Kyungsoo carefully asked and stood on tip toes to be able to look over the shoulders of Sehun. Raising both of his arms, Sehun made it difficult for the other to look over. Was he playing around or serious?

 

 

 

"What are y-"

 

 

 

"Who are you and what relationship do you have with flat ?"

 

 

 

 

"I'm his friend."

 

 

 

 

Sehun nodded and anyway closed the door.

 

 

 

"Flat you have a guest!"

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hunhan are getting closerrr and btw Sehun can get into pictures and stuff

 

It’s some vampire thing I will explain later

 

Please comment & upvote if u liked it

 

bomi xoxo