make it red.

Make It Red

 

 

 

 

 

make it red.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Standing in front of the gates of the nearby high school made Lu Han feel awkward. No, he was not supposed to go there but wait for someone. Sehun had decided to drop college altogether since Lu Han had already graduated. If Lu Han wouldn't be there then Sehun didn't have any reason to stay there. It had been two years since Lu Han had found out about the real reason for abandoning Sunhwa. He didn't change- he was still like always but extra discreet. There was no explanation as to why Lu Han was suddenly so quiet. Maybe it was still bothering him but Sehun didn't speak about that.

 

 

 

Shivering in the coldness Lu Han tried to differentiate his boyfriend between all the other students, "Why does he take so long?" He asked himself because so many students were leaving the school but no Sehun was in sight. He was not there. When Lu Han was simply going to give up and drop the idea of secretly surprising Sehun, he saw him. He was walking alone- bag hanging on his shoulder. His serious face was stiff, and dark shades graced the pale skin under his eyes. Broad shoulders were down, and dark hair was tousled and sticking up as if he had spent all day running or letting the wind mess his hair up .

 

 

 

When Sehun said that school was boring then Lu Han didn't know that he was that serious. Well it was his idea to go back to high-school. And another thing that Lu Han expected was that Sehun wasn't wearing a blazer or a jacket. Lu Han had clearly told him in the morning that it was going to be cold so Sehun should have listened to him. But when did he? Never. To make it worse, his sleeves were rolled up and the top button of his shirt was unfastened. Wasn't he feeling the cold? Or was it just a vampire thing? It was weird that was for sure.

 

 

 

Sehun looked up, his dark eyes meeting Lu Han's as a flicker of something crossed his face. A smile instantly showed up while running towards the waiting one, "Hey! Flat- you were waiting for me?" He brightly smiled and stretched his arms out. Lu Han was silent and let his head be hugged against Sehun's chin. He was getting suffocated but Lu Han thought that it was warm anyway. He would never complain about too much skinship. He liked it too and for the past two years the insults from Sehun became harsher but the hugs tighter.

 

 

 

 

"You could have told me that you were waiting." Guilt clouded Sehun's mind because his poor flat- had been in that cold. Denying that he was waiting for a long time, Lu Han huffed out a tiny sigh. He knew that Sehun was just worried and a tiny bit angry but Lu Han knew what he was doing very well. It wasn't that cold and being in Sehun's arms made him forget everything, anyway. Suppressing a smile, Lu Han unfolded the jacket he was holding in his arms and gave it to the other:

 

 

 

"It's really cold Sehun. I told you that you shouldn't leave it. Next time, don't do that again." He warned and urged the other to wear it. Sehun rolled his eyes as he couldn't really feel the cold and slipped his arms into the jacket. When he buttoned it up, he gave his boyfriend the see? expression to show that it wouldn't make a difference. Lu Han was anyway relieved and slid his hand into Sehun, pulling him away from the gate and the passing students.

 

 

 

 

He would be lying if he would say that Sehun in a school uniform didn't have an emotional impact on him; he was so cute. Rude but cute and Lu Han enjoyed every second of it. He was glad that Sehun didn't force him to leave this world and go with him like he had done with Sunhwa. Lu Han was 25 but he had his full life in front of him. Okay, he might have been working full time in that restaurant but that didn't mean that he should stay there forever. He completed his degree in programming and would soon be able to work in an actual company.

 

 

 

 

Becoming a vampire could wait.

 

 

 

Because Sehun would be forever 17.

 

 

 

He would ask Sehun to turn him soon. Just not now. As long as he would have a baby face; that was what Sehun had said. He loved Lu Han no matter how he would look like but the younger looking the better for him. Sehun rolled his eyes, and Lu Han knew the expression on his face well. He had seen it enough times whenever he came back from school. He was trying to hold onto his patience, as if being back in school was something stupid and it was up to Lu Han to get him out of there. Well Sehun couldn't stay at home forever since Lu Han didn't plan on turning for some time. He was also going to soon reunite with his family in China.

 

 

That meant that Oh Sehun soon had to be introduced soon. Lu Han had never mentioned him a lot every time he was on the phone. His parents knew that it was a guy and that was it. They weren't really angry. Just confused that they had never heard of such an important person. Then it was Lu Han's turn to explain that this person was the whole time that 'kid' that lived with him. The conversation went up to there because Lu Han crumpled paper in his free hand and pretended to lose the phone signal.

 

 

 

 

He would soon talk to them properly.

 

 

 

 

 

"Did something good happen?" Lu Han asked like he usually did. He wanted to know how Sehun was doing alone without anyone helping him out. If he was making friends or enemies. It was most likely the latter. Holding Lu Han's hand tighter in his own; Sehun made a thinking-face. He was going through various events in his head that had happened on that day. Not much. He just called a girl ugly so that she cried for a whole hour in the toilet. Sehun didn't even seem sorry when he had said that. He couldn't understand what the big deal about that was. He called Lu Han ugly too but his boyfriend had never cried that much like she did.

 

 

 

Well Lu Han had never cried about that matter.

 

 

 

 

Fighting against the need to lecture him, Lu Han let out a sigh and did it anyway, "Sehun that wasn't nice. She's a girl and therefore more sensitive."

 

 

 

 

"Yeah but Sunhwa never cried too."

 

 

 

When Sehun realised what he had said he instantly leaned down and gave the other a kiss, "Sorry my fault." He awkwardly laughed after that and pulled the stunned Lu Han after him. He didn't know what he was even apologising for. It was not that Lu Han hated her. He didn't. He just felt weird whenever Sehun mentioned her since he was indirectly at fault that their relationship came to an end. Well there wasn't much he could do about. Lu Han anyway fidgeted as if the idea did not sit well with him, and he twisted his free hand on his jacket as he glanced sideways.

 

 

 

 

"What's with friends? Did you make some?"

 

 

 

"Uh...does the janitor count?"

 

 

 

 

"No! You need to make school friends. You are such a loner. Even I had more friends than you..." Lu Han proudly acted like it had cost him a lot to make the two, three friends he had in college. He could be fine alone but he didn't want Sehun to have the same experience. It was not the nicest feeling to not have more friends than he could count with his fingers. His gaze took on a wary, watchful look as Sehun stared, trying to make sense of what was being said. It wasn't so difficult to understand his words. He should just try to interact with others more.

 

 

 

Lu Han cared a lot about how Sehun would spend the coming two years in high school. He didn't want him to make the same mistakes he had done. Although Sehun didn't say much to that he gave a small, warm smile to Lu Han, eyes were troubled and tired. His expression carrying far more than his words as he spoke boldly, "I don't really like them you know. There are those that joke the whole time around and then those that don't take learning seriously-"

 

 

 

"Like you."

 

 

 

 

"-and then the nerds that would die for learning. Gosh, how am I supposed to survive that? Too much stress for a prince, no thank you." Sehun confessed and used the chance when Lu Han looked up, to quickly give him a peck on his cold forward. Something that he also couldn't stand that those so called classmates were treating him like any other person. He was freaking Prince Oh Sehun. Those stupid girls had no right to touch his hair and call him cute. And those boys should start seeing him as a threat than ask if they could copy his homework. Sehun also didn't do his homework so what did they try to achieve with that?

 

 

 

They were almost home when Lu Han's eyes flickered to the other, and he realised that putting Sehun with other people was a good idea. He would start to get it into his brain that not everybody would start bowing down to him. And also hearing him having those troubles was fun for Lu Han too. He thought that it was amusing that Sehun always came home with a frown and said that he didn't do anything but sleep there.

 

 

 

 

They didn't talk after that if Sehun grumbling about those girls that touched his hair counted.

 

 

 

 

The door was pushed open and Lu Han stumbled into the warm apartment with a smile. He couldn't stand the cold. The smile didn't stay for long because two uninvited guests took themselves the right to enter the apartment. It was Kyungsoo who was watching TV like he freaking owned the place while Kai was busy on his phone. They were Lu Han's only friends so Lu Han obviously liked them a lot but they could have at least warned him if they wanted to come in. From where did they even get the keys?

 

 

 

"Hey friends. What are you doing here?" Lu Han asked gently, giving both of them a long, judging look as if he was trying to see straight through their intention to just come. Sehun like always didn't seem to be bothered about the visit and instantly greeted them with 'big-eyes Kyungsoo' and 'best friend-Kai'. Believe it or not but Sehun declared innocent Kai as his new best friend. And first best friend as well. It wasn't quite clear how their friendship had started but it went back to that time when Lu Han had graduated with them and Sehun was visiting his boyfriend.

 

 

 

Lu Han had slipped on something so that he fell down.

 

 

 

Kai and Sehun simultaneously fell into laughter whereas Kyungsoo was civilised enough to help his friend up. The next moment happened too quickly to be able to properly recall it. Sehun along the lines of 'my new best friend' hugged the life out of Kai. And from that day on he clung on Kai as if his life depended on it. It wasn't love but Sehun's eyes always twinkled when Kai was there. Like right now, he pushed his boyfriend violently away and gave Kai a loving back-hug. It was kind of cute and Kai seemed somewhat flustered so Lu Han knew that it wasn't something to be jealous over.

 

 

 

"Best friend-Kai what are you doing here? You could have told me that you'll come. I would have made flat- clean up." Making a slightly annoyed face expression, Sehun voiced his opinion about the surprise visit out. He swung his right arm over Kai's shoulder and showed him an understanding smile. Lu Han who had seen this all scoffed and he knew that it wasn't a fight he was going to win. Not because he was afraid to go against Sehun's ridiculous orders. He was not scared of Sehun. The reason was that he just couldn't bring himself to speak back to that brat and rather sat down next to Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

"Whatever," Lu Han muttered eventually. He didn't care anymore, "You can sleep here and I wouldn't care."

 

 

 

Totally ignoring what Lu Han had meant, Kyungsoo nodded in agreement, "Sure we can arrange that." He was seriously a master of sarcasm because Sehun let out a yell of approval and immediately announced that Kai and he would share a bed. Because they were best friends and would do everything together. Lu Han then responded that there was only one bed so that Sehun countered that Lu Han could sleep on the floor. Maybe Sehun was a bit biased towards Kai. A little maybe. Lu Han was anyway used to that and didn't say anything after that.

 

 

 

 

Finally putting his phone away, Kai paid attention to Sehun, "Is there something you want to do?"

 

 

 

Sehun's eyes had again this weird sparkle, "Anything you want to do hyung!" He also got used to the habit of calling Kai sometimes hyung while Lu Han would forever be flat-. The name wasn't really that bad and where were the lies? His was flat it was just that Sehun loved to point that out in every conversation they had. It kind of had this endearing feeling to it that showed how much Sehun loved him. Or Lu Han was just trying to sugar-coat everything. Whatever, it didn't bother him anymore that was what he wanted to make clear.

 

 

 

"Don't you like playing dress-up?" Kyungsoo asked Sehun, momentarily moving his eyes from the TV screen.

 

 

 

 

"H-Huh?" Sehun raised his eyebrow and this was when Lu Han understood and quickly rushed to Sehun's side to cover his mouth.

 

 

 

"Y-Yeah he does! But that was like two years ago! Our Sehunnie is now more mature and thinks other stuff is cooler than vampires!" Lu Han nervously laughed after every sentence and pushed his hand firmer against Sehun's mouth. He could never let that secret out since Kyungsoo and Kai still didn't know about Sehun's actual identity, "He shows now interest in love! Especially my body! Isn't that right Sehunnie?" He awkwardly laughed once more and sat down on Sehun's lap to prove his point. In reality Sehun couldn't care less about Lu Han's body and struggled to speak against those accusations.

 

 

 

 

"Wow Sehun you are a real man." Kai praised him by petting his shoulders while Sehun shook his head with tears of desperation.

 

 

 

Joining him with the praising, Kyungsoo made an impressed face, "Sehun you are topping right? Is Lu Han a real bottom? He was made for it right?" He smirking went further so that Kai laughed and Lu Han's face took in a pretty dark shade of red. How could they just say that? Weren't they ashamed? Not even a little? And he could practically feel that Sehun would tell them all their bed secrets so Lu Han used his other hand to also cover Sehun's mouth. He couldn't allow his boyfriend to spill anything, not even a little:

 

 

 

"W-What are you guys talking about? W-We haven't done anything...haha...nothing really! I'm really innocent and don't have any weird kinks." The awkward laughter returned from Lu Han followed by an odd twitch of his eye. This was strangely suspicious considering that he was the worst liar alive and that Sehun kept on shaking frantically his head. He managed to let out a few words like 'bad kinks' and 'power bottom-Lu'. He wouldn't let his manliness be harmed in front of anyone. In particular not Kai because he was his best friend that's why.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wow they are really a cute couple." Kai said in awe so that Kyungsoo next to him nodded his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"LU IS SO DIRTY! VERY VERY DIRTY MINDED!"

 

 

 

"BE QUIET SEHUN!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun still didn't get used to the human world.

 

 

 

 

Especially not shopping.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can't we just take it?"

 

 

 

"No we have to pay first."

 

 

 

 

 

Being annoyed as ever; Sehun held a various amount of sweet in his arms. He didn't even know why he agreed to accompany Lu Han if he would just buy healthy stuff. He didn't want to be alone so he thought that it would be a good idea to help him a bit out. Now he knew that it was a bad idea because Lu Han wouldn't listen to him and only buy the stuff that was on his list. So when Lu Han was standing in the line with all his stuff in his hands, he shot Sehun a slightly confused look:

 

 

"For who is that?" He asked because why would Sehun buy so many sweets and chocolate for himself? Lu Han had never heard from him that he would give his things to someone.

 

 

 

Sehun's answer was very straightforward, "I'll share it with the person I love the most."

 

 

 

 

Lu Han's face heated up and he couldn't believe what he was hearing, "Sehun you didn't have to-"

 

 

 

 

"Kai hyung~" Sehun interrupted him with a smile and didn't notice what he had done.

 

 

 

 

Lu Han had a blank face and looked away when he had heard the answer. He couldn't understand how Sehun could say that with such happiness. If he wouldn't have been dating Sehun then he could have mistaken the admiration for love. He couldn't really get angry though because he was happy that Sehun had at least made a friend on his own. He didn't want his boyfriend to be alone whenever he was working. That was why he felt grateful when he would see Kai spending time with Sehun if he would be away.

 

 

 

 

 

Though being shoved into his face that Kai hyung was so great was just frustrating. Lu Han couldn't care less about how smart and how good looking he was. Yes Sehun was brave and stupid enough to praise someone else's looks. He didn't care if Lu Han would beat him up. Because he would just continue talking about Kai on the next day. He also didn't know that it bothered Lu Han a lot. Even if he would know, he would most likely keep going because he wouldn't mind. But someone else minded which was according to Sehun not his businesses. He loved Lu Han a lot and simply admired Kai so there was a difference.

 

 

 

 

And he loved Kai as well.

 

 

 

 

"You always talk about him...What's with me? I'm your boyfriend. You should show me in every second of your life that you love me." After they left the store, Lu Han muttered that, his unoccupied fingers slipping gently along Sehun's arm who was carrying the heavy plastic bags. When he didn't receive an answer straightaway, Lu Han pouted and slid his arm into Sehun's. His eyelids were already drooping, and coldness raced along his spine. Sehun was too tired to think and answer. Exactly like Lu Han had said, he had to show his love and not necessarily declare it.

 

 

 

 

There wasn't anyone in that park where they were walking through so Sehun used that opportunity.

 

 

 

He leaned down and gave Lu Han's neck a quick bite, "There you go. Satisfied? You are the only person I bite." This was supposed to present his love towards Lu Han but all the latter did was pull a grimace and rub his neck with a frown. That wasn't what he had meant. He wanted freaking presents and not getting bit. What was going on in Sehun's head? He was so unromantic and dumb. Sehun's uncertainty must have been written all over his face, because Lu Han's expression changed from maddened to hopeful. He couldn't tell whether Lu Han was so quiet because he was going to hit or yell at him.

 

Or both.

 

 

 

 

"You know what Sehun? I'll show you how it's done okay?" Lu Han proposed and glanced back towards Sehun. He was clenching his jaw because Sehun didn't even look like he was considering those words. He seemed like he was daydreaming by looking at the trees. Lu Han was not the kind of person to be driven to such measures without reason, and he could not help but wonder if Sehun had a brain. His carelessness alone was enough to make Lu Han's imagination run wild. Was it only him or did Sehun not listen to anyone?

 

 

 

"Look Sehun it's really easy to show your affection with actions." Rubbing his temple absently, Lu Han was feeling the pounding of a headache beginning to form, "You can say really cute stuff like 'you are the only one for me' and 'I only love you' or you are the reason why I wake up every mornin-"

 

 

 

"But you aren't. I have to go to stupid school. That's why I wake up. I hope someone burns it down." Alright maybe Sehun had listened now but that was just a one-time thing. And couldn't he be a bit more sensitive? He could at least pretend that Lu Han was his reason for waking up. He was so heartless. With a quick, frustrated huff, Lu Han rubbed the nape of his neck with his palm, before meeting Sehun's persistent stare. He muttered that Sehun could pretend to act like that. It didn't have to be the truth. It only had to make Lu Han feel better.

 

 

 

 

"I just have to hold your hand right?" Sehun asked when he reached for Lu Han's hand whose stomach shook with pleasure. This was one of the few times when Sehun would hold him like that without making disgusted faces. Generally it was Lu Han who searched for Sehun's hand to intertwine them. So when this happened Lu Han paid extra more attention and was completely conscious of the gesture. So without any prudence he was silent and linked their fingers together. It felt right to hold his hand because this was where Lu Han's hand was supposed to be.

 

 

 

He could only guess that Sehun would have drawn his hand away if it would have been any other person. Excluding Kai. Because Sehun was always more independent and wouldn't like it if someone would lead the way. This however was not the same because Lu Han was walking together with Sehun. He wasn't leading anything because they were together. This was totally different. The feelings and intentions. Lu Han's heart was racing, beating in accord with his heavy breathing that he tried to overpower. It was almost painful because after two years Sehun could still have that sickening effect on him.

 

 

 

Looking up, he tried to read Sehun's expression, "So you are not going to sweet talk? You could at least tell me that I look good today. You can be cheesy you know." Lu Han once again pouted and it wasn't that he was trying to keep his face straight. Sehun's face was sometimes so tough to read. And even if Lu Han would be able to see something, he wouldn't understand. So Sehun thought that it was smart to ignore Lu Han's words because he looked surprised when Lu Han was waiting for an answer. Was there a question to begin with? Lu Han shook his head, pressing his lips together in a firm line.

 

 

 

 

His boyfriend was so clueless.

 

 

 

 

Was it so difficult to understand that Lu Han wanted to spend some quality time with him? Now, more than anything, Lu Han wanted to be near to him. And as soon as this thought went through his mind he was pushed against Sehun's body. Was that an invitation? He didn't get an answer so Lu Han shyly wrapped his arms around Sehun and held him close. He was on tip toes and tilted his head up, pressing himself up a little; he brushed a warm kiss against Sehun's lips.

 

 

"I love you. And I hope you love me too." His heart beat against his chest after this confession, his blood streaming heatedly in his veins as he outlined his finger along Sehun's jaw and brushed his thumb over his bottom lip, "I'm the only person in the world who will put up with you. Because you are annoying as . So you better love me too."  He murmured, leaning in and kissed Sehun again a bit firmer. He watched a short glimmer of affection in Sehun's eyes show up. Even though it quickly disappeared and was replaced with thankfulness.

 

 

He was thankful that Lu Han put up with him and rarely fought back, "I love you too. Satisfied?" Sehun laughed and straightened his back because the other had pulled away as well. Lu Han hesitantly met Sehun's loving gaze without delay as he took his hand once more and held it tightly in his own. That was what he wanted to know. He didn't care about anything else. Lu Han knew that Sehun also loved him but it was even better to hear it personally from him. Another thing that he wanted to hear from him was that Sehun missed his actual home.

 

 

 

He was after all forced in a way to leave his home so that he could be with Lu Han. But what was with his brother or parents? Lu Han doubted that Sehun had friends with that nasty attitude of his that only got worse over the two years. In the end of the day it was his decision so Lu Han wouldn't say anything. The hiding in summer and the need for blood was bothersome but Sehun would make it somehow.

 

 

 

 

 

There was a certain bench that caught Sehun's eye so that he stopped walking. He was gazing at it in complete silence while Lu Han blinked at the object in curiosity. Was there something wrong? Suddenly the plastic bags Sehun was holding felt very heavy or it was just him getting weak. He eventually carefully dropped the bags and urged Lu Han to get his phone out. For what particular reason was not being said. It was just something Sehun knew and missed. Lu Han frowned as he realised that Sehun was shaking softly, a weird smile was on his lips and he pushed Lu Han towards the bench.

 

 

 

"What a-are you-"

 

 

 

"Go sit down. I'll take a picture of you."

 

 

 

"That's the most random thing you've ever done." Sitting anyway down; Lu Han deadpanned not upset but exhausted. While Sehun took quick step back allowed himself to get a good look at his face. The cool air flew across Lu Han's face as he fixed his hair. His face was burning because he was dating a creep who wanted pictures of him for the weirdest reason. No one with a sane mind would just do that but Lu Han knew what he got himself into when started to date him. What was so special about this bench in the first place? Lu Han didn't get it but he smiled anyway.

 

 

 

 

 

He smiled because he wanted to look good in front of Sehun because this picture was something he would keep forever.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

("You know flat-, whenever I'm sad I'll go back to this time because Lu Han is the prettiest when he smiles.")

 

 

("S-Sehun that's sweet and all... but that's the first time you called me by my name.")

 

 

("Yeah and the last time.")

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The sun should definitely not be underestimated. When Sunhwa had said that it was hot in summer and the sun would be everywhere, then Sehun had thought that she had exaggerated. But now he understood what she had meant with that warning. Sehun was literally dragging his body from place to place only for a stupid phone. It took great pictures and his brother had asked him for one so Sehun was kind enough to visit the human world and get him one. Sunhwa was off visiting her family and Sehun was struggling to get back to her place.

 

 

 

He held the black umbrella over his head so it the rays of the sun would stay away from him.

 

 

 

 

In a matter of minutes Sehun ended up in a park.

 

 

 

 

 

"What the hell where is stupid Sunhwa? Turn the stupid sun down!" He whined, and was angry that the umbrella wasn't helping much. It wasn't doing anything to be honest. Sehun was only grateful that he wasn't burned to death. He had to put up with anything else.

 

 

 

 

He came to a halt when he felt that someone was staring at him.

 

 

 

Sehun was used to the staring since he was a prince but this time it was different. A boy not older than 17 or 18 was having his eyes on Sehun in an interested manner. He was sitting on a bench, hands on his lap while wearing a school uniform. He was so shameless with gazing at Sehun as if he had something on his face. It didn't take long for Sehun to have enough and he crossed his arms defensively. His gaze took on a more penetrating way, probing his face intently.

 

 

 

"Watcha looking at?! I know I'm handsome." Sehun trailed off, knowing that arguing would be of no use. Instead he shook his head and moved towards the exit which was in safe distance. He was pursing his lips as he held the umbrella tighter in his hand.

 

 

 

 

The boy looked self-consciously back on his lap with a faint blush dusting his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

He's rude.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun also had a strangely similar colour on his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

He's cute.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Make it red is done!

 

Ha. Ha.

 

 

That's how Sehun fell for Luhan but Luhan forgot about that since it would be about 4~5 years till he would officially met Sehun in his room :)

 

Thank you so much for your support!

 

 

I'm so glad that people enjoyed this story.

 

 

I mean it's my first vampire story and I didn't want to make it serious.

 

 

 

The next story I'll work on is Little Apple so I would really appreciate it if you would stick around :)

 

 

Here is golden maknae Jungkook ♡

 

 

 

 

Thank you & See you around~

 

 

 

Ps. I'm an ARMY too.

 

 

bomi xoxo