Chapter 6

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

September 4, 2013: Thursday 7:31 PM

Seulgi, I'm sorry but I can't make it to dinner tonight, our shoot was rescheduled. I love you, I'm so sorry.

September 11, 2013: Thursday 6:12 PM

Babe, our training was extended up to past midnight. I don't think I can come over again tonight, I'm sorry. Will breakfast tomorrow do?

September 18, 2013: Thursday 6:45 PM

Love, I'm sorry again, our manager won't let me leave the dorm because of an early appointment tomorrow morning. I'll text you.

September 25, 2013: Thursday 7:22 PM

Continuous training for the next days, looks like showcase is coming close. Fingers crossed! Sorry again babe, I'll try to visit you after. Love you.

---

Pirates of the Carribean was on HBO, Jongin's favorite movie of all time and he was currently seated quite comfortably on the couch, his legs stretched out and resting on the coffee table as he slurped and swallowed the last of the noodles in the bowl in his hand and stared up at the clock hung on the wall behind the couch he was seated on in their living room.

8:44 PM

He was sure it was a Thursday, so he was anticipating a beep followed by yet another voice message from Sehun for Seulgi on their answering machine. But it was already past 8, and still nothing. Seulgi wasn't home from her shift at the restaurant either; she usually was at this time. And Jongin was well aware of how rocky things have been between Sehun and Seulgi lately ever since Sehun kept the fact that he was possibly debuting soon from her. And since that same day, Jongin and Seulgi have actually and unusually been talking and acknowledging each other's existence a lot more. You can actually mistake them as friends now-- it might not even be a mistake anymore.

An hour later, the movie ended, and Jongin slowly stood up and walked towards the sink on one of the kitchen counters. He pushed the faucet knob open and water started pouring down. He was rinsing the bowl he used along with the chopsticks when suddenly he heard keys being shoved into the main door on the other side.

It shot open, and Seulgi entered in her uniform and her hair up in a high ponytail. Nothing looked different other than the big smile on her face as she greeted Jongin. "Hi, Jongin!" She exclaimed.

Jongin hasn't seen her genuinely smile in over a month but he let it pass and just greeted her back, shutting the faucet. "Hey, you seem awfully chipper."

"Yeah, well." Seulgi said, as she shrugged off her coat and hung it along with her bag on the hook behind the door. "It's been a great day."

"I'm guessing you were with the boyfriend tonight," Jongin assumed, as he opened the refrigerator to grab himself a bottle of water. "Past 8 on a Thursday night, and still no voice message."

Seulgi merely chuckled as she sat on one of the island stools, facing the open fridge Jongin was standing infront of. "Yah, Jongin."

"Yeah?" He asked, closing the door of the fridge, and taking a gulp from the water bottle.

Seulgi leaned on the island. "Let's go out."

Jongin turned around to face her. "Now?" He asked, puzzled.

"Yeah." Seulgi gleefully replied. "Why not?"

"It's almost ten, Seul." Jongin chuckled. "Don't you have training in the morning?"

"Aish, who cares." Seulgi scoffed. "I can be a little late."

Jongin, surprised at how the girl who never took her training for granted was currently being, leaned against the counter and just stared at her, pondering on how to respond.

"Please." She begged, using a large percentage of her aegyo batting her eyelashes and purposely enlarging her eyes. "Pleeeease."

Jongin looked into her brown, thin almond-shaped eyes, which were usually glaring at him with annoyance. She suddenly smiled, and it lit up her face in a way Jongin never noticed before as she continued to beg. He heaved a sigh, giving in. "Fine."

Seulgi instantly jumped up. "I'll go change first!" She exclaimed, rushing up the stairs.

Jongin followed slowly and went up to his room to change too.

---

Jongin settled on a plain black sweater and denim jeans to wear under his coat; it was getting much colder as the the days before the season of christmas decreased. He walked down the stairs while pulling on a pair of cotton gloves and he saw Seulgi already wearing the black trench coat she hung earlier, her legs fully exposed only under a pair of shorts combing through her dark brown hair in front of the mirror near the door.

"Don't you think you're too.." Jongin carefully chose his words, reaching the first floor. "Un-covered up? Isn't it like twelve degrees out?"

"Why?" Seulgi asked, whirling around at the sound of Jongin's voice. "Don't you like seeing my legs?"

Jongin's eyes enlarged at the sudden question said by the girl who seemed totally head over heels for her boyfriend tonight. "Kang Seulgi, are you flirting with me?"

Seulgi playfully smirked at him as a response.

"The old Jongin would be agreeing a million times over," Jongin laughed under his breath. "But the Jongin now is just concerned for your health."

"I'll be fine." Seulgi mumbled, turning around towards the door.

"At least, wear a scarf." Jongin suggested trailing behind her.

"But it's all the way upstairs." Seulgi whined.

Jongin quickened his pace and stretched an arm out right next to Seulgi's face to grab his knit scarf that he left hung behind the door. Seulgi stopped as soon as Jongin's hand appeared.

"Turn around." Jongin ordered, his fingers unraveling the scarf as Seulgi slowly did as told. "You might catch a cold."

He carefully wrapped it around her neck enough times to have only a few inches of the scarf left hanging, the distance between the two now quite close. "There you go, all warm." Jongin stated, tugging on the part hanging above her chest. "At least, up here."

Seulgi stared up at him as he let go and smiled at her. For a moment there, she got lost in his smile but immediately regained her senses once she heard Jongin's voice.

"So, where are we headed off to?" He asked turning the knob and allowing Seulgi to exit first.

"I just wanted to take a walk." Seulgi announced, stepping out as Jongin locked the door from outside with his key and shoved it into his pocket.

"A walk it is." He nodded following Seulgi who was already on her way to the elevators.

---

They bought themselves cups of hot chocolate before they went on their walk beside the Hangang river a few blocks away from their loft. The more they walked, the more air seeped through their skin, and the more Seulgi regretted her decision to not wear pants. And the more she became grateful for Jongin's scarf snug around her neck and for the warm cup she was holding onto. But of course, she refused to show Jongin this. She continued to just distract herself from the almost-painful cold through conversation.

"So, you started dancing in primary school?" She clarified.

"Yeah." Jongin took a sip from his hot chocolate, his hands under the gloves getting more warmth from the cup in his grasp. "At around 2nd grade, my dad forced me to take a jazz class. Being the CEO of an entertainment company in itself already dictates what his son should be capable of."

"But you're a ballet prodigy." She pointed out. "And you didn't start with ballet?"

"I started a year after." Jongin explained. "Actually, I took a bunch of classes at the earliest ages. Piano, guitar,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter