Chapter 5

Roommate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin spun his chair around to face Seulgi, and Seulgi's eyes instantly enlarged upon catching sight of the boy on the salon chair. She had to gather herself before reacting, trying to maintain her usually straight face and emotionless tone like how she always was when conversing with Jongin. "See." Seulgi said, kicking Jongin's chair with her foot pushing Jongin to look at himself in the mirror, purposely trying to avoid his gaze. "You finally look human." More like an angel-- jesus, has he always had that face? Seulgi contemplated internally.

Jongin combed through his newly cut fohawk now fully revealing the entirety of all his facial features and newly dyed ash black hair with his fingers, pushing it back a little more. The new length defined his jaw line even more, and the new color effortlessly made his big brown, dopey eyes pop. It made him look mature, and professional. Not like the kid and playboy he tends to be. "Better than blonde?" He sat in the middle of the salon, just staring (admiring) himself, openly showing his vanity to the rest of the world, still with the white cloth over his body.

"It's not as annoying." Much better, possibly better than any other hair color on this planet, Seulgi commented, sitting next to him, trying her best to keep her focus on a Celebrity magazine in her grasp.

The stylist who worked on Jongin's hair walked back to him, and brushed off the remaining remnants of hair on his neck before removing the white cloth. Jongin, in a plain maroon tee, black knee-length shorts and loafers, immediately stood up and continued to comb through his hair. Seulgi continued to watch him, failing at keeping her attention on the magazine, unaware that her jaw has been dropped for the past minutes. "Thank you, very much. You did an incredible job." Jongin nonchalantly handed the stylist a 50,000 won bill and flashed her a bright smile inevitably making her blush. As she rushed away, he added, "Well, nothing could look bad on me."

Seulgi rolled her eyes before dropping the magazine on the table next to her and stood up to walk towards the exit. Jongin followed closely behind, having the eyes of all the salon's employees and clients obviously be magnetized towards him as he passed causing Jongin to get even more cocky. Once the glass doors automatically slid open when it acknowledged their presence, Jongin rushed beside Seulgi.

"Do you like it?" He asked, rubbing the back of his neck with his right hand.

"It makes you less difficult to look at." It makes you more difficult to not look at. Seulgi responded, not turning around to look at him as an attempt to not blow up his head even more.

"Why did you ask me to do this?" He questioned and grabbed Seulgi's wrist to stop her from walking any further upon reaching the sidewalk in front of the salon.

Seulgi turned around in frustration, quickly answering his question. "Because this is step one." 

"Step one of?" Jongin furrowed his eyebrows at her.

"Step one of three of getting back at an ex."

He snickered. "How does this help me get back at her?"

"Because, looking attrac-- human, will add onto her list of regrets for screwing things up with you." Seulgi stammered, almost admitting what she really thought of Jongin's new look.

He raised an eye brow. "Did you just call me attractive?"

"No." .

His laugh increased in volume. "Admit it," Jongin teased, immaturely wiggling his eye brows at her. "Yoooouuu thiiiiink I look greaaaaat."

"Great and tolerable are two very different adjectives, don't you think so Jongin?" Yes, and the other one completely inapplicable in this case. Seulgi forced out, keeping her eyes up front.

"Okaaay theeen." Jongin kept laughing, a wide smug now plastered on his face, amused at how Seulgi was obviously lying but decided not to burst her bubble and just let her be.

"Don't be so smug." Seulgi scoffed, along with another eye roll.

A black Jaguar slowly came to a stop on the road right in front of them, and the driver's seat opened letting out a man dressed in a black tailored suit and a pair of aviator sunglasses. "Mr. Kim." He called out, as he opened the backseat's door.

"What is that?" Seulgi questioned, even if she already knew the obvious answer. "Who is he?"

The teasing smirk on Jongin's face instantly disappeared once he saw Seulgi's face of annoyance transform into one with pure irritation. "I called my driver--"

Seulgi sighed trying to keep her calm, but ended up having her voice drown in rage the moment she opened . "We already talked about this, why take a car when we can take the bus??"

"We already took the bus this morning," Jongin argued. "And why take the bus when I have a car?"

"Why waste tons of money on gas, when you can spend a maximum of 500 won on a bus ride?" Seulgi argued back.

"What is your problem with my car, Kang Seulgi?" Jongin interrogated. "You said you didn't want me driving, so I called for a driver-- and I'm not even asking you to pay for gas-- it's a win-win. For both of us."

Seulgi stared at him and pondered on what he just said. He has a point, she thought. The side of Jongin's mouth triumphantly curved up as he realized how Seulgi was giving in.

"Fine." She scoffed, as she entered the already opened car door.

---

"What are we doing here?" Jongin wailed, frozen in his place, outside the Kim Entertainment building in the middle of the sidewalk bathing in the afternoon sun. "I really don't want to see my dad right now--"

"Oh don't be such a baby," Seulgi wailed back. "Mr. Kim's in Japan right now. He'll be back, Sunday."

Jongin released a sigh of relief as he followed Seulgi who was already entering the building, after swiping her company card through the scanner. Kim Entertainment's floors were made of black 4x4 quarry tiles, and the wallpaper complemented the floors by being a rather classy shade of gray, making all the silver chandeliers and accesories scattered around the room glimmer. There were tarpoulines filling up one wall with photos of KEnt's array of idols, along with numerous awards of all types framed and hung at the bottom. But the first that anyone would notice upon entering was a huge gold-rimmed frame, of a portrait of the company president, Kim Jae Rim-- Jongin's father.

He stared up at it as they walked towards the three elevators located at the left side of the lobby past the concierge. Seulgi, fished through her pocket for her phone as it shook, and answered it once she pulled it out.

"Where are you?" Sehun asked on the other end.

"Just got here," Seulgi responded, entering the elevator, instantly clicking the number 12 on the buttons behind the doors. "Meet you in 1204?"

"Here already." Sehun said. "I'll see you."

"See you." Seulgi said as she ended the call and pocketed her phone.

"You still haven't answered my question." Jongin pointed out, as the elevator was pulled up and they both felt the rise. "Why'd you take me here?"

"Step 2." Seulgi replied, looking over to her side where Jongin was leaning on the bronze handles surrounding the elevator. "The second step to getting back at an ex is to gain success."

Jongin's eyebrows furrowed. "How does that apply to me then?"

"We're getting you a job."

Jongin's head flicked to face her. "What--"

The number 12 in red on top of the doors blinked as the elevator gradually stopped and the bronze metal doors opened themselves.

Sehun was at the end of the poorly lit hall, the only bright light radiating from the door, near where Sehun was leaning against a wall in a baggy olive green sweater, and harem pants with his hair shoved under a black beanie, scrolling through his phone.

"Sehun-ah." Seulgi called upon catching sight of her boyfriend.

He pocketed his phone and immediately rushed to where Seulgi was with Jongin trailing behind her.

"Seul-- we should talk about this--", Jongin stammered, quickening his pace to be in sync with Seulgi. "What job-- do you even know what I want to do--"

Sehun reached them and gave Seulgi's cheek a peck as he stretched his arm to put around her shoulders. "Hi babe."

"Yeah, that's right." Jongin whined. "Flaunt your happy relationship infront of me."

Sehun turned his head to face a stressed Jongin, as he slowly put his hand back to his side. "Hey man, nice hair."

"Thanks, bro." Jongin replied raising a hand fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter