Order 5: Triple Y Threat

The Inheritance Ceremony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walked for almost half an hour, yet Yaeji showed no signs of stopping. Minseok huffed, his chest in pain from all the walking. He never walked this much since he had to run miles during his high school years. He didn’t want to admit it, but he was seriously out of shape.

 

"How much further are we walking," he asked finally, trying to balance himself and not trip from exerting himself. She looked back her shoulder for the first time since this whole thing. "Not much further." That was all she said before walking again.

 

Minseok wiped his forehead, apologized to his sore calves, and headed onward as well.

 

Yaeji didn't lie. It really didn't take long before they stopped at a small clearing. It was an empty parking lot, with litter trashed around everywhere. "What are we doing here," asked Minseok, plopping onto the ground, not caring about getting his clothes dirty. Who in the world cared for clean clothes anyways? Wait no, don't answer that.

 

She pulled out a lighter and fumbled with it for a few seconds. Minseok watched as she twisted the top of the lighter, molding it into a cylinder shape, making it almost look like a "Flare," he said. "That's a flare right?"

 

If she was surprised, she didn't show it, but instead she grunted quietly to acknowledge that he was right.

 

"What are you going to do with it?" he asked, but again she didn't say anything. Minseok ran his hand through his hair, blowing a raspberry. Drawing his legs in closer to him, he carefully watched as Yaeji disassembled the lighter and created the flare.

 

She looked up, her eyes burned with something Minseok was unfamiliar with. "Close your eyes, it's going to be bright."

 

And without giving him enough time to cover himself, she lifted the flare and pressed the trigger. Minseok thought he was going to die as white flames danced along his eyes. His head felt like it was going to explode. And that was not all. The noise from the flare was sharp and attacked his ears. He couldn't hear anything for a short few seconds, and after came the dinggg that rung in his ear for a good minute.

 

He shook his head and slammed his forehead with his hand, trying to get rid of the dizziness. Opening his eyes, he found that he couldn't see. He had to blink until he could get a glimpse of shapes.

 

"Jesus Christ! Thanks for giving me time to react."

 

He tried to glare at Yaeji, but at this point it was all guessing. He doubted, no he was certain that he probably glared at a random bush, or the sole tree overhead.

 

Yaeji bit her bottom lip, "Ah, sorry about that."

 

He rubbed his eyes and blinked four times before he was finally able to see. Eyes watering, he stood up dizzily. "Why did you do that anyways?"

 

She looked at him for a while.

 

"W-what?" Minseok took a step back because she was staring at him with so much focus.

 

She sniffed, "So how are you feeling about being the son of a mafioso, a powerful mafioso on top of that."

 

Mom and Dad were powerful mafiosos? "I think I'm doing O.K. I have questions though."

 

"And they will be answered in time," she reassured him. Minseok wanted to tear out his hair. He wanted answers right now. "I'm surprised, though."

 

"About what?" he spat. No point in being nice when she wasn't. Maybe that was mean of him, but he was beyond frustrated.

 

She raised one of her eyebrows, but just shrugged it off. “You didn’t faint,” she said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. “It said differently in your bio.”

 

“Where the hell is this bio that I’m hearing about?” Minseok asked, sceptically. “I never fainted in my life, nor do I plan on doing so.” Yaeji squatted next to him, “Someone else said the same thing to you? Who?”

 

Minseok scratched his head. What was his name agai- Oh yeah, it was “Jongdae, that was the name of the person who gave me the ring.” He had forgotten about his ring again. Jongdae was correct, after rinsing the ring with water, all the grime and scratches miraculously disappeared. However the broken bits didn’t form, much to his disappointment.

 

Yaeji fell onto her , a short yelp forming. She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck. “Did you say Jongdae? Are you certain?”

 

Minseok nodded, “I’m pretty sure that’s his name. I have pretty good memory, if I say so myself.” He puffed out his chest because for once he felt proud of his traits.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter