Order 3: If you like it then you should have put a ring on it

The Inheritance Ceremony
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minseok watched as this Yaeji character pushed him aside and walked in. Again, just like last time, since it was a useless machine, the security alarm threw a knife in an alarming rate. Before he could say a word to warn her, the knife zipped through the air.

 

He watched in awe as she effortlessly batted the knife into the wall. He looked at the knife and sighed. She had in the process of saving herself, broken a vase, one that Minseok had created when he was in middle school.

 

“Great, thanks,” he said dryly. Yaeji’s ears pinked before she composed herself. “It’s not like you need it. Having it for 6 years should had been plenty of time of use.”

 

It was true, the vase was only taking up space now, but it had once been filled with flowers he and his father picked for his mother. It held sentimental value, but not that it matter anymore. He continued to watch Yaeji as she went into the living room to sit. "Wait, how did you know I had it for 6 years?"

 

She gave him a knowing look before shrugging, "Lucky guess?"

 

There was something about her that made her feel familiar to him. Just the air she held around her made Minseok feel like he was reminiscing something. It was something he couldn’t grasp, which made him even more confused than he was at the situation.

 

“So do I need to call the police or?” asked Minseok, looking at Yaeji sit down on his sofa, opening a can of coke that just happened to be lying around. She gulped it down and wiped with the back of her hand.

 

She gave him a puzzled look, almost making him believe her confusion. "Call the police? Why?"

 

Had it not been for that glint in her eyes, he would have been persuaded somewhat by her. Minseok stood dumbfounded at Yaeji, not sure what exactly he should do. Grabbing a chair from his kitchen, he dragged it to the living room and sat with Yaeji in the silence.

 

"So are you here to rob my house?" asked Minseok when he couldn't take the silence anymore. He thought he asked genuinely, but Yaeji seemed to differ. She just laughed silently, her eyes forming crescent moons.

 

Woah there hormones, I did not give you permission to react.

 

Clearing his throat, careful not to blush, he stared at the ceiling wistfully. Time tucked in, before Yaeji let out a sigh.

 

"So, how is Hye-su anyways? Poor thing must have worked hard trying to keep a roof over your head," she tsked. "Which makes me wonder, Minseok, when are you planning to put on some clothes?" Her eyes hardened as she stared at him with obvious disinterest.

 

Minseok let out a gasp, I forgot to put on clothes. It's not my fault though, right? It's all her fault, making me confused.

 

He spat,"My mother is fine, thank you very much. It's none of your business. And I'll put my clothes on if I want to. Nobody tells me what to do. Especially someone younger than me."

 

Yaeji raised an eyebrow, shaking her head. And the silence settled down once more. God this silence is so awkward, thought Minseok. He rubbed his eyebrows together, forming a crease, when he shot to his feet. "How did you know my name? How did you know my mother's name?"

 

Yaeji smirked as if saying she knew something he didn't, which was most likely true since he was a good-for-nothing. "I know many things about you, in a not so creepy way."

 

Minseok waited for her to go on, but she kept shut. They waited once more before he got to his feet quietly to go change. As soon as he was upstairs, he put a hand on his chest, it beating hard against his ribcage. Something about her made him want to hurl, jump up in joy, and also do the impossible all at once.

 

He also felt a slight terror. He never felt this way before.

 

Dressing quickly (he didn't know why he chose to wear clothes that he wore on a better occasion), he put on a sweatshirt and wore a beanie for completion.

 

Yaeji looked at him when he came down with another raised eyebrow. "Going somewhere?"

 

Minseok turned red. No, he thought. "Yeah, I need to go to work." His eyebrows furrowed when she looked away nonchalantly, flipping through some channels on the television. "I'm going out now," he said with finality.

 

She waved her hand over her head, not paying any attention. Minseok huffed,"If the owner of the house leaves, shouldn't the guest leave as well?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter