Three

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In which the certain someone returned

 

A big yawn was made from a look like delicate woman, which then earning a chuckle from a random person who passed. And a glare greeted her after, showing a disagreement to the act she did.

“Please, Jung Eunji, stop showing to people how tired you are,” Nagged her beloved friend, Park Chorong.

“But I am,” she yawned again, “I haven’t slept at all eonni.” Walking next to each other she lifted her hand, showing his wrist to the older, “7 am. And I haven’t slept since 9 pm.”

The older could merely tsked, sensing another failure of pointing out the youngster’s bad habit. This woman needed to be at least aware of her surroundings, and behave more like a delicate person. Wearing a white robe should have given her an extra awareness of how she should take care of her manner. Talking about manner, none of doctors here acted as careless as Jung Eunji. She sometimes didn’t even act like a coming-from-high-social-environment woman. Shouting, giggling, scolding, kicking, oh yes, she sometimes used physical gesture to anyone she thought deserved it. Thankfully her rapport helped this girl, so none of the young doctors dared to bad mouthing her.

Also, well, she might have been seen like a careless doctor, but actually she had a caring side on her. It was maybe which melted the youngster’s worker here. And she laughed a lot, this one was good, even though she sometimes didn’t look on her surroundings when doing so. Not that she cared though. Working in this hospital for nearly 5 years had made her being one of respected resident doctors to their hoobae.

“Thank goodness it’s really 7 am,” she muttered before forming a petite smile. Hands, both, were tugged inside her pocket. Beaming.

“What about 7?”

“You don’t know?” she exaggerated, eyes widened, faking startled. And Chorong let this woman hearing her chuckle.

“You finish your shift, right? What a life! What your plan then?”

Jung Eunji grinned, “actually, I don’t have plan,”

“Then, why you look so happy?”

“I don’t know,” her smile went thinner, “I just feel —light, today. This might sound strange, but I have feeling, that something will —happen, something good …”

“Oh, please don’t start it again Jung. I cringe every time you saying those strange feeling. Remember when you said you had feeling of something happened last month? The next door apartment was burnt and we couldn’t even sleep for 2 days. It was the worst.”

“It’s not my fault though, I just felt something will happen, and just said it. And today too,”

“Ok, stop! So, Joon will pick you up, or?”

Eunji rolled her eyes, this eonni so smart changing topic, was what she thought.

She nodded while hummed. “Yep, he said he’s going to be here in half an hour. It still too early for him too though. He said he had a conflicting case this month, he nearly can’t sleep at night. See, there is nothing different between doctor and prosecutor.” Eunji laughed after.

Chorong was about to react when her eyes caught a familiar figure running to them, “Ji,”

“Um?” she raised up her gaze, glancing to the older. Seeing Chorong was frowning, Eunji followed her gaze. And there was one of new nurse almost reached them, her face showing something bad, and big.

“I told you, your feeling scared me, didn’t I?” Chorong managed to nag before they both walked toward the comer direction.

“!”

_____

7.12 Am. Incheon.

Busy. People walked back and forth from one side to other side, from one person to other person, some even running, while shouting. Sitting on one corner, Bang Yongguk was waiting for someone to take care of his bleeding arm. It was painful, more than just painful actually. But seeing how worse people in front of him he couldn’t be more painful. That moment he wished he was one of those people in white robe.

There was nothing he could do unless bearing his pain and being patient.

It was a big accident in the city. The bus he was in was fallen hard to avoid a drunkard passing by. It fell on the side road, no casualties —what he heard until now, but certainly there were so many injuries, including bunch of high scholars. It was busy hour after all. And he was, yes, there, being of the passengers. He just arrived in Korea half an hour ago, and since he didn’t want to bother anyone to pick him up, Yongguk took the subway instead. No one would know something like this would greet him on his first day in this country after lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter