Four (or should I say Final?)

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joon, don’t pick me up, go back to sleep!

An ugly frown was formed on Kim Joonmyun’s forehead, a sigh came out after. He reread the text one more time, then making a tiny groan.

“What the use of message when it’s late, Ji?” he muttered low as hand tapping the calling sign. And soon they were connected.

“Ji, I …”

“Joon, have you read my text? Don’t pick me up! Go back to sleep!”

“But, I …”

“Emergency! Bye!”

And just like that Jung Eunji dropped the connection. “Mwo?” Joonmyun pulled his phone from his ear, looking at its screen in disbelieve. He made another sigh.

“But I am here, already,” another useless mutter was made.

It wasn’t the first time though, and thankfully he was one the most patient guys in the earth. Eunji should count it her luck. In this kind of situation if it was Minki, her brother, he would kill her right after they met.

Joonmyun made a small grin then, walking to the wide cafeteria next to the front door of the hospital. At least he could do something for his stomach, moreover there was a chance Eunji would finish her emergency work when he finished his meal.

However, Kim Joonmyun never expected he could encounter him in this building. Sitting in one corner next to the glass wall, gazing at the outside, and looking messed. It was definitely him, that guy from five years ago. Joonmyun could never forget his face. He seemed cold, and scary in the first look, but when he smiled, yeah, he still remembered how that guy smiled in front of Eunji.

And he was smiling too now. So thin, and meaningful.

What was this? A tiny pang reached his chest. Not as hurt as before though. Yet still, recalling that memory had managed to recall the pain too.

Joonmyun though had much changed, he proved it with a soft smile as walking to that guy.

“Bang Yongguk-ssi?”

Right. Joonmyun could clearly utter that guy’s name. It was unordinary name, a very strong name he would never forget.

Yongguk was startled, as expected. But then, out of Joonmyun’s expectation, he stood up, while —smiling,. “Yes.”

There was no reason Joonmyun wouldn’t copy his smile, so he did it too, swinging lightly his hand to the air. “Hi, I’m Kim Joonmyun,” he said with dignity.

Joonmyun could see Yongguk was still recovering, trying to collect his memory which seemed dull, and giving him nothing. He though took Joonmyun’s hand, politely bowing.

“I’m sorry, perhaps, did we meet before? I just came back from State, and I have very bad memory.” again Yongguk acted politely.

It was new for Joonmyun, of course, that he was slightly taken aback. Bang Yongguk didn’t seem like a polite guy as he acted like now. He looked strong, and a little bit nice, but polite, nope, not at all before he spoke.

“No, it’s fine. It’s our first meet, actually.”

“Ah, really? Then …”

“Well, I know you though,”

Yongguk looked startled, didn’t expect this coming.

“Did something happen?” Joonmyun changed the topic as his eyes gazed into his arm. Now, looked concerned.

“Ah this, yes. I just, an accident,”

Joonmyun nodded lightly, sensing something big had happened without him knowing, or maybe he was trying to notice some signs now. Did this relate to Eunji? It was getting clear now. There was a big chance that they had met, he was here after all.

A petite smile followed his theory. And Yongguk noticed this.

“Excuse-me, but … can I know, where or how you know me?” again his tone was too polite to be said by the look like a strong guy like him.

“Did she never mention my name before?”

“She?”

This, no one could blame Yongguk for being clueless. He had just encountered several big things, and his head was too weak to manage everything. The accident was indeed big, yet seeing her today was way too big, it was huge thing. And he was in the midst of figuring out whether it wasn’t dream. She seemed real. And she talked to him. Asking him to wait, here, for her. Even when he didn’t know why, and what would they do after.

No, it didn’t seem real when he thought thoroughly. No way, it was the same Jung Eunji. No way, he could meet her again. No way, she talked to him again. It didn’t make sense.

“Yongguk-ssi?”

“Yes? Oh, I am sorry, I’m just … I’m sorry I cannot understand your sentence. Can you say it again?” he said, looked so confused.

Joonmyun, being a good guy he was, formed a warm smile. Maybe, Eunji never mentioned his name to this guy before. Well, it was understandable though. There wasn’t any reason.

“Sorry for confusing you. I shouldn’t have expected Eunji mentioned my name before,”

“Eunji? You mean … Jung Eunji?”

“Yes, the one and only,”

Kim Joonmyun was smiling warmly when mentioning her name. However, the guy across him couldn’t mimic the same smile as realization hit him. She? Now he understood.

So, it was indeed Jung Eunji, the doctor who took care of him, the doctor who told him to wait her here, the doctor who looked like Jung Eunji. How could he doubt it? Things though didn’t seem smooth as the guy he didn’t know mentioning her name. Now that he thought about it, this guy’s name seemed familiar. Was he that Joon? The same Joon she talked to in phone five years ago? The same Joon who wore similar ring as hers?

“So, have you met her?”

“Yes,” his voice sounded weak. He still couldn’t grasp how to manage things.

“Did Eunji ever mention me?” bravely, Yongguk voiced out. His eyes straight into Joonmyun’s warm gaze, which then he replied with a nod.

“And I saw both of you that day.” His smile went thinner, “honestly, it wasn’t easy for me. But then, that day she smiled a lot with you, which I never encountered before. And I think she deserved it, being happy unconditionally.”

To be honest Yongguk couldn’t understand what Joonmyung saying. His heart wasn’t ready for this. He was the bad guy here, taking her hand without considering there was a nice guy next to her. And Kim Joonmyun did look like the perfect man on earth. Thinking about it, Yongguk might have done right by stepping back years ago. Leaving his own desire far behind.

He shouldn’t have met her today.

“I should have said sorry, shouldn’t I?” he said, eventually forming a smile. His gaze hadn’t left Joonhyum’s eyes, being as brave as before. “But, I am sorry I cannot say sorry, even when I should. I would thank you instead, for letting me being with her that day. Thanks, it’s all what I need,”

The moment he thanke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter