Two

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In which a certain stranger having a sincere wish

 

“I’m sorry for asking this . . . but, do I have a chance?”

And he could see her flattering. Without her realizing, his heart was beating as fast as her. Without her knowing his palms were as cold as ice. Without her noticing, both his ear was as read as a ready eaten tomato. Bang Yongguk had finally talked to his crush, and dealing with her needed tons of bravery. And it wasn’t an easy task to handle his shyness.

It has been two month he had tried to talk to her. But each time he wanted to greet her, he had to witness how she immersed to her book. He then couldn’t do anything except letting her book won over him. Her solemn figure was always captivating yet he couldn’t help himself to overcome his fear.

It was to the state that he believed she felt uncomfortable with him being around her. Any sane people didn’t do what he had done. He looked like a stalker, the obvious one. But actually all of this was just because he couldn’t start the conversation well. It was funny that each time he saw her sitting in this empty library he had automatically murmuring ‘hi, I’m Yongguk, can I sit here?’ and then if he could produce a short talk, he would ask her for a date. It was his simple plan and with that his real beginning would follow him next.

Yet that simple plan never reached his expectation, except for today. It seemed like fate eventually gave him a way. And when his chance came 10 minutes ago, he should have start his word by ‘hi, I’m Yongguk’- thing, yet he messed thing. He was sure he didn’t realize it, his brain had been numb when her eyes finally met his. And her voice, she had no idea how bad he longed for it. And no one couldn’t blame this shy guy when he couldn’t control his own desire to just spill things.

Everything was perfect even though he didn’t go with his old plan. But when she got that call, the earlier call from Joon he never knew, there was a sudden big wall in front of him. It was as if he had no power to reach her. It was as if he lost his chance when he just finally started it a minute before.

Yet when he found out she made a lie to that Joon, his heart somehow got lighter. That big wall was like giving him a door. He only needed the key to pass it. It was a good thing though, he believed. Yes. He only needed her key to get through it.

“I think... I like you” this was how he tried to ask her key.

The beautiful girl in front of him hid her half face, yet soon he caught her smiling thinly behind her left hand.

His heart skipped a beat. Could it be?

And soon she chuckled lightly before putting her hand down and graced him with an convincing gaze. “It’s funny, I think I also like you, Yongguk-ssi,” she put her thin smile again. His smile soon copied hers. He wanted to shout out and exclaim his victory. Yet the look on her eyes suddenly stopped him.

What is it? His smile faded.

“But I cannot give you a chance,”

Again, his heart skipped a beat.

Still in her thin smile Eunji said that she was engaged, “I’m sorry, ... if only I met you before this things happened,”

She wasn’t telling a good news for him, he knew. Yet there was bitterness upon her smile, she didn’t look fine. And may he dare to expect things? Engaging should be a good thing for people, mostly, but it wasn’t what he saw on her eyes, on her thin smile.

And it remained long, that faint smile.

She was actually waiting for his response, but it seemed like he didn’t plan to do anything. Eunji slowly, hesitantly closed her book. He was in complete silence and it confused her. Maybe, just maybe he wouldn’t expect this, she knew. And maybe he couldn’t process things after, and she didn’t blame him, never. She was girl with good understanding after all. Yes, his mute was understandable.

She though didn’t expect he would do anything. O, it would be ridiculous for her if she dared to expect things. Yet why she seemed disappointed?

“Then,” she got up from her seat, and actually his eyes had been staying on hers, —which now following her move. “I think I should leave,” she said, eyes lingered.

Again he remained silent for one, two, and only three seconds, before he eventually copied her move. “Still, can I … may I take you for a coffee date?”

It startled the girl.

“Just this one,”

Eunji was perplexed, she studied the way he waited for her. And the taller was now forming a small sincere smile which she named as her favorite already.

“Is it … safe?”

The male then chuckled, short yet alluring, —that for umpteenth times her heart reacted over a new thing he did.

“I can make it safe,” his gummy smile followed the chuckle, “I wish it won’t though.”

He said clear, and sounded naughty. And she really wanted to wish the same. Yongguk left his book before walking to her, taking her hand and leading the move.

Whatever they were doing now it actually wasn’t good thing, —based on sane people’s eyes. Whatever they were about doing was indeed didn’t look safe at all. No, not at all.

Her hand was cold and so was his, but together inside his jacket’s pocket it gradually became warmer. And it slowly recognized each other’s skin, so well, that they didn’t feel new for it. Their smile was similar, it was so warm and light, showing the feel inside their heart. Their chuckle was a nice melody for everyone. They might have just seen like a normal couple and none would expect they weren’t even one.

They didn’t much care about it though, —at least for now.

They reached the café, the nice one, the quiet one. She had her usual Cappuccino while he preferred his strong Americano. Jung Eunji might have been too busy looking at her surrounding that she missed the blissful look on his face. Bang Yongguk was thanking God right now, that he could spend more time with this surprisingly lovely girl.

She didn’t have any bad thought of him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter