One

A Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In which a certain stranger eventually came

 

She lost her count of how long she let her brave eyes stared at his solemn figure. Jung Eunji without any regret nor consideration studied the way he studied. He had black perfect hair with the full bang covering his forehead. Eyes, his crystal black eyes were secured by the black frame glasses. And in that collaboration he was somehow looked scary, yet she never been hurt by those beautiful things of him. Then her eyes gazed at the most alluring thing of his body, the lips, he had a pair of plump lips which she dared to imagine its taste, delicious was her first guess, soft was the second choice, yet addicting was the obvious answer. Strange, indeed, he was the first man who made all the peculiar thoughts planted well inside her brain. This girl fell in danger, and she would blame at his usual simple neat attire which today contained of the clean white t-shirt and covered by the black outfit. And it wasn’t fair for her as how easy he captured her attention.  

She hadn’t learnt in entire her live that a studying man could be seen this hot. And with this theory her smile fell, it then produced a thin line. She felt so odd by admiring the stranger she barely knew.

That stranger, him, was – or had been – a new thing for her knowledge. His presence was un-invited, un-predicted, un-written. Thus all the reasons that she felt utterly odd were understandable. He was an obvious stranger for her yet he had always been accompanied her each time she was here, in this main library of her university where people rarely came. This big and old building was always the last choice for books, people tended to prefer sub-library which was nearer from their campus than this one. And it was another strange reason for her to grow some suspicions on him.

She barely knew him, the information that she knew was only his beautiful feature, his sense of clothes, and music. Yes, he always read things related to music which she guessed as the background of his program. Law, medical, and politic were her first guesses, yet these two months she had learnt that music was the only thing he read. And it was new for her knowledge. Music was a thing learnt by ears not eyes, wasn’t it? She never thought that people could really learn music through books. Another weird thing she desperately wanted to know why.

It was true, they sat in front of each other each time they were here, yet they never exchanged word before, even for a brief greeting. She was reluctant to show him her voice, and she kept her desire to know how his voice sounded. Was it big yet strong voice which could handle people attention easily? Was it like honey-voice which alluring people’s ear? Did it sound like soft and endearing one? Or was it . . . she wondered.

It had been two hours since he sat in front of her, and she believed it was been long enough she bravely stared at him. And strangely it didn’t even bother that man. Eyes altogether locked on the big journal – which with a glance Eunji confirmed as another thing related to music – placed neatly in front of him. And her thin smile without realized was formed again upon her face.

She was ready to leave his figure, it was too long, she believed. And she had to go home, outside was getting dark and the image of angry Chorong, her roommate, was too clear. She chuckled lightly and without second she realized it was a bad thing, a big bad thing, a huge bad thing for her. She successfully invited his gaze.

Their eyes met, finally, eventually, formally. Never expecting this moment, Eunji dared to keep her gaze, looking through his eyes and adding some information of him for her knowledge.

And another strange thing was on the air, he didn’t leave her eyes. Somehow, his eyes didn’t look scary for now, he looked curious rather than offensive by her gaze. And she believed he was questioning her intention by that look on his face.

Name. It was the first obvious thing that she wanted to know. She had imagined something strong, solemn, smart, like foreigner name, like Kris for the beautiful solemn figure, Kevin for his bright brain, or Jackson for the strong gaze. But then his tiny eyes didn’t agree for any foreigner name she suggested. He was handsomely too Korean to own those names. Maybe a name like Jiyong, Taeyang, or Junhyung could be nearer.

Reasons.  It was her second question for this stranger. She desperately wanted his reason for always sitting across her seat. Did he know her? Was he one of the people she should know? What did she miss here? She had an obvious right to know why each time she went to study in this old building he would come and being there. She even changed seat several times, yet he followed and presented himself in front of her. Why? And the fact that he never greeted her was another push for her to know his motive.

Does he like me. Through her eyes, she dared bringing this question. It was the only thing she could produce inside her head. And the answer looked somehow obvious.

His gaze was as brave as hers. He didn’t put it down as if it tried to greet her, as if it muttered some introduction, as if it explained the blur things she desperately wanted to know. And he followed by a thin smile, a very thin smile which was magically giving her heart a reason to thump faster.

Damn. She could only curse for the beauty upon his smile. If only she could move her feet, she would choose to save her heart from dropping onto the floor. Yet, she recovered fast, she didn’t want to lose that easy. Her pride woke up. And with a smooth move she slid her famous eye-smile with the hi.

Thus, her eyes captured a thing she had never expected. His eyes leered to the left side. And it was merely his way to cover the flush on his white cheeks. Eunji perturbed for a moment. He was blushing so hard and it couldn’t stop her from taking aback. Was it true?

You bastard. And she couldn’t avoid her second curse. He was seducing her a second before, yet this second he was flushed that easy just because she showed him her voice. Did he really like her? She wanted to believe.

Eunji was at the state of liking this damn hot man, and yet he dared to make her fell deeper for his shy expression which was too adorable to be handled by her heart.

“I ..”

Another unexpected thing she learnt in this moment. He sounded so deep, so hus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter