Failed Prince

Randomness Journal

 

"Wait! Let me take some photo first!" Everyone's chopstick was stopped in the air as the young chef brought up his phone to take the photo of their first meal. "Hmm.. It's not good. Let me retake it."

"Hurry up, hyung! I'm hungry." the two maknae started to get impatient.

"Wait a moment!" Yunyoung kept slapping their chopstick away from it.

"Hyung-ah!" 

Seungyeop started to whine towards their leader, but instead he kept smiling while looking at his phone. Seungyeop looked at his same-aged friend then at their other hyung. Hyojun shruged his shoulder, then looked at Jaehyung who still calmly drinking his soju. All of them, including Yunyoung who started to eat the meat by himself, were looking at their second eldest hyung asking for answer. Jahyung looked at them, smirking.

"Hyeongkon hyung," Hyeongkon looked at Jaehyung with his smiley face. "You have schedule tomorrow?"

He nodded his head, the other were just looking at Jaehyung with his sudden question. His mouth was saying those unspoken words to his dongsaeng.

'The mystery is solved.'

"You have recording for Dream Team, right?" Happy-Kon looked at Jaehyung his questioned face. "Stop looking at me like that, Sihyun nuna told me that you're going to record it together with them."

"Eii~" Their dongsaeng rolled their eyes in sync as they got what he mean. The two maknaes started to fight with Yunyoung and Sungmin for the meat while Hyojun shook his head.

"Yea, it's been a while since I participated in dream team." Hyeongkon said happily, putting his arm on Jaehyung. "You should be happy for me."

Jaehyung looked at his hyung silently.  "Ah! It's Nuna!" He suddenly pointed at the tv on the wall.

"Really?"

"Just kidding." smirked.

"Yah!" Hyeongkon slapped Jaehyung shoulder which lead to their dongsaeng bursted into laughter. All of them knew that their leader weak point was their nuna, Yang Jiwon. Their Hyeongkon hyung always got out of state everytime she was involved, just like today. And at this moment, Jaehyung always be the one who took him back to earth after wandering out of space.

"Kids, never learn it from Hyeongkon hyung, arachi?"

And Hyojun always be the one who educate the kids not to follow their hyung steps, complete with his trademark eye smile.

"Ne~"

"Good boys."

 

***

Cheering could be heard from the outdoor venue of dream team recording. Both Hoon and Feeldog was waving their hand to their fans, yea it's a must to give fanservice to your fans whenever you have time as they hold the power of each idol. But it seems that this rule was forgotten by the army-dol who kept looking everywhere to find something. Or maybe someone.

"It's been a while, Hyung." Feeldog came to Hyeongkon and gave him a brotherly hug. "You've been busy recently?"

Hyeongkon nodded his head. "I'm preparing for my musical stage recently."

"That's great. By the way, we'll have special guest today. You know who?" Hoon came to join the conversastion. Hyeongkon looked at them, tried not to be too obvious.

'Of course I know.' He nodded his head. How couldn't he?

"Spica are going to come!" Both Hoon and Feeldog, which now plus Kangnam were jumping excitingly as they knew SPICA was going to come.

"It's Spica.S, not Spica." Hyeongkon sudden comment interrupt their joy as they stop jumping.

Kangnam looked at Hyeongkon confused. "Was it different?"

"Of course! Boa nuna was still in LA, and it's their sub-unit."

"Wow, you knew a lot about them." Kangnam reaction made the army-dol flustered a bit.

"Of.. of course! I'm their.. fans."

"Me too~" Feeldog replied him excitedly. He also told him about their previous experience with them at the previous dream team recording. And of course the fact that he was paired with Jiwon distracted Hyeongkon's mind a bit. But fortunately, the person he was waiting for was coming on the right time before Hyeongkon got too immeresed in his own thought as he heard the cheers from the audience. 

Four ladies in white suit were walking to their direction. Hyeongkon held his breath as his princess was walking to their direction and bowed to them. His smile grew bigger as their eyes met and he was gifted the precious smile from Jiwon. The MC started to introduced them to the audience when they were standing on the stage. The crowd started to get hyped as the music started. Everyone, especially the army-dol, enjoyed their live stage very much.

"Spica! Spica!" Hoon was cheering a lot after they finished their song, while Hyeongkon could only tried his best not to make it obvious by waving his hand towards them. Or maybe her.

'That's my girl.' Actually it was the phrase that he wanted to tell the universe. But he needed to hold himself down for their own good.

All of them was instructed to change their clothes to their team uniform before started the game. Jiwon who finished first, walked to Hyeongkon direction. She was about to greet her long-time-no-see boyfriend if only Feeldog not come to her direction and greet her first.

"It's been a while, nuna."

It was the first time for Hyeongkon to feel like to smack his dongsaeng down for interrupting his time.

"Ah, anyeong." Jiwon waved her hand to him, then secretly smirked to her slightly unhappy boyfriend.

Hyeongkon was going mad more when Hoon joined their conversation. Her expression distracted his mind, but fortunately his 88 line friend came in time. 

"Hold yourself, chingu-ah."  Narae came and patted his shoulder. "She's quite popular among boys recently."

"you need to work hard to hold her. Or she would run with other guy." Sihyun came closer together with Bohyung. Her word made Hyeongkon more immersed in his horror state. 

"Hajima, Nuna~" Sihyun and Narae bursted into laughter as Hyeongkon started to whine. He should be thankful that their maknae Bohyung was there to comfort him while her unnie kept teasing the poor army-dol. 

The MC gave them instruction to come to the main stage and started the game. Hyeongkon walked faster so he could stand closer to Jiwon, but as mischievious as she was, Sihyun stood between them to whining dongsaeng. Narae and Bohyung could only laugh silently behind their unnie. But seems that luck was on his side as the MC announced that they need to be paired for the first game.

Jiwon walked to Hyeongkon as the pairing session was announced.

 "Finally I could talk to you." Wishpered Hyeongkon to her. His face was full of joy.

Everyone's attention was dragged to Feeldog and Kangnam couple, and Hyongkon used this opportunity to act cool in front of her.

"I'm sure we will win this game." he said as he stood behind her. "It's an easy job for me."

Jiwon looked at him with chuckles on her lips. "Are you sure you're able to hold me with your leg?"

"Why not? Step on me." he instructed her to get on his leg.

It was not as easy as she thought. Jiwon tried few times but she kep falling, and at last she need the staff to help her climb to Hyeongkon's leg.

'Oh my God!' Hyeongkon started to felt burdened as Jiwon standing on him.

"Now, start!"

The game started. The MC started to commenting on the contestant, and teasing the male couple.

"Are you OK?" asked Jiwon as Hyeongkon started to shaking. She looked at him, he closed his eyes as he's sweating hardly and the next second her feet started to lose her balance and slipped down from Hyeongkon's thight. He need to make sure that Jiwon was landing safely as he tried his best to hold on her waist until her feet reach the floor before he himself colapse on his trembling knees.

Jiwon patted his back lightly while the MC walked to them, then help him back on his feet. Hyeongkon looked at her with his appologetic exspression.

"Hyeongkon-ie really need to have more exercise." she answered the MC's question playfully.

She pulled Hyeongkon to stand on the side while waiting for the other, smile still on her pretty face. But Hyeongkon felt bad for his weakness. He supposed to act cool in front of her after a while, but at the end he was the first one to drop her.

"Kwenchana-yo." She patted his back without looking at him. He was thankful for her encouragement, and he promised himself to do better in the next session.

"Mianhe~"

***

They started the another trial after finishing the first game. In this session, they also need to be paired up. The boys need to finish the trial and rescue the girls, or else they will thrown into the cold water. Jiwon was firstly paired with Kangnam, and Hyeongkon didn't like it. Kangnam kept appologizing to her even before the game started. Hyeongkon started to worry for her that she might be thrown into the cold water. The autumn breeze was quite cold that day and getting wet by the cold water might not be a good idea for anyone there.

And his worry became true as Jiwon threw herself to the pool as Kangnam used too much time on the first trial. Everyone was brought into laughter with Jiwon and Kangnam statement, except Hyeongkon. He worried much that she might get fever with it. He quickly passed her a towel as she walked closer to their tent.

"Thank you." Jiwon was touched by his sweet gesture.

The trials were not as easy as he thought. Hyeongkon thought it would be no different from those he did during his enlistment day in army force, but as far it was only one person passed all of the trial before his turn. All of the SPICA girls were thrown into the cold water pool except Sihyun. And it make him more nervous.

His turn is coming. And of course, he chose Jiwon as the princess he need to rescue from the water pool. He failed in the first game, so he need to pass all of the trials to prove himself in front of her.

"You have anything to said before started?" asked the MC

Hyeongkon playfully took her hand and smiled on her. "I won't let you fall for the second time." he tried to make it as funny as possible to make it less obvious, but he really mean it from his heart.

"Do you believe in him, Jiwon-ssi?" asked the MC.

Jiwon laughed playfully and looked at him. "He need to pay for it if he make me fall."

Her statement made him laughed nervously. Hyeongkon got ready on his place while Jiwon walked herself to the pool. It's been a while since the last time Hyeongkon joined Dream Team. He got quite nervous, more as he saw Jiwon was ready on her place. He took a deep breath before he pressed the started button.

'You'd better do it well, Kim Hyeongkon!'

He pressed the button and started to run as fast as possible. He believe that as long as do it fast, he will pass all of it. Everything went smooth as he was expected until the last obstacle and he need to step out from it. The round ball kept moving each time he step on it. He tried his best to step on it, but at last he failed and fall. Hyeongkon could heard Jiwon's scream as he still lied on the foam pool. He punched the green ball as he got on his feet.

"Kwenchana! Kwenchana!" the audience kept cheering on him, but Hyeongkon just felt upset for himself.

He ran to cold water pool as soon as he got out from the foam pool.

"Yah, kwenchana? Mianhe!"

"You owe me food." Jiwon playfully pointed at him which induced laughter from the other.

"Mianhe!" Hyeongkon naturally lend his arm for her to hold as the floor get slipery by the water splash.

Jiwon patted his head lightly. "It's OK, You did well." She said as she grabbed on his arm. Even though she said so, Hyeongkon felt bad for making her fall into the cold water for the second time. Bohyung accompanied her to change her wet clothes when they went to the tent.

Hyeongkon kept his eyes on his team mate while glancing at Jiwon sometimes. She kept kept accompany with her band mate after she changed. Hyeongkon heaved a sigh every time he looked at her. His plan to amuse her and be her knight in his shining armor today was failed. He ended up to be her failed prince.

And it was embarassing.

 

***

 

Jiwon was talking with her band mate after the recording was over. They was about to leave and planning their dinner when Sihyun saw Hyeongkon walked alone with gloomy expression on his face. She dodged Jiwon arm and gestured her to look at him.

"Guess he need your presence now." she said cooly. "Your failed knight."

"Unnie~"  Narae and Bohyung laught in silent with Sihyun statement.

"Go." She said as she pushed Jiwon lightly.

Jiwon looked at them and waved her hand goodbye. She put her hand on her back, walking to Hyeongkon then poke his shoulder. Jiwon tillted her head with ear to ear smile curved on her beautiful lips. Hyeongkon gazed at his girl with question on his face.

"You're free today?" asked Jiwon as she walked followed by him.

"You're not going back with Narae today?" instead of anwering her question Hyeongkon asked what's on his mind. He turned his head to see Narae, Sihyun and Bohyung who walked on the opposite direction from them.

"You're not answering my question." her hand still on her back.

He looked at her. "I would be free today."

Jiwon turned her head around and smile to his direction. Hyeongkon's eyes followed her as she walked to his back and pushed him lightly.

"Alright, you owe me food so you need accompany me today and treat me dinner tonight."

"Tonight?"

"Why not?" Hyeongkon let out a small chuckles at her randomness. He asked her to wait for him as he went to his manager hyung and told him that he would go with Jiwon.

"Let's go." he put his hat on her as he walked to her direction.

They walked side by side together while talking about some random things happened recently. Hyeongkon's mood lightened up a bit while he was with her, but she could sense he was different from his usual self. Jiwon was shivering a bit as the cool air hit her neck, and it's ended up to stimulating her nose to sneeze.

"Are you OK?" Hyeongkon looked worried.

Jiwon took pack of tissue from her pocket. "Not very OK, since I fell into the cold water twice today." she said playfully. He took of his jacket and put it on her shoulder. Guilt was written on his face.

"Mianhe." Hyeongkon kept walking while looking at his own feet.

Jiwon followed him silently while secretely smiling. "You still mind about it?"

"Of course." He looked at her then threw his gaze to the river surround them. "I dropped you at the first section no longer after we started. Then I promised you not to let you fall for the second time but in the end, I failed."

Jiwon patted his head lightly. "Hey it's OK. You did your best already."

"Yah, could you stop patting my head?" he got a bit annoyed by her gesture, he regret it in the next second for raising his volume to her. But instead of get angry bu his moody state, Jiwon kept smiling while pinching his cheek.

"Why not? Remember, I'm few months older than you. I'm your nuna. Nooonaaaaa-yah~" Finally Jiwon could see the smile on his lips.

"But I couldn't kept promise. You don't disappointed at me?" She could feel bit nervousness from him.

She took his left palm in her small hand and showed in front of him. Smile on her lips, dragging him to walk slowly.

"Have I ever told you that everytime Boa unnie feel nervous, she always asked me to hold her hand?" Hyeongkon shook his head. "She said it will help her to relief her nervousness. Does it work on you?"

Smile curved on his lips. He nodded.

"Does it really matter if you drop me on the first section? At least you made sure that I landed safely to the ground." He did hold her close even when his knees started to trembling so bad.

"So what if I fell into the pool? At least you still ran to me and make sure I walked safely on the wet stair." He did lend her his arm to hold when she walked.

"You loose the game, but at least you win my heart." Hyeongkon was completely touched by her words.

"YangJi..."

Jiwon gave him her best smile. "You are a knight with broken armor, a failed prince." She paused. "But still, you are my prince, my knight who always looked after me anytime, anywhere."

Hyeongkon couldn't even differentiate the glow behind her back whether it was coming from the sunset that glowing brightly on her back or it was coming naturally from herself. All he knew was the person in front of him was shining as bright as those star he saw at the dark night. He really had an urge to embrace this shining angel if only his kids didn't come on the wrong time.

"Nunaaa~" Both of them saw the giant maknae and fake maknae of A-JAX were bouncing happily into their direction.

Jiwon happily waved her hand to them, while Hyeongkon could only put his palm on his face, tried his best not to devour his maknaes.

"Hey Kids, what are you doing here?"

Not only Seungyeop and Seungjin, even Jaehyung, Hyojun, Sungmin and Yunyoung were also there.

"We were on our ways to eat our dinner." said the tallest person in their group.

"Then we saw our leader hyung." said Yunyoung.

"Then these two maknae started to bouncing around as they saw nuna." the third eldest kids on their group ended their statement while Jaehyung kept smiling in silence and those two maknaes started to clinging on her.

"So you're going to have dinner too?" all of them nodded in sync. "Good! Let's come together, nuna will treat you a good dinner today."

"Yay! Let's go!" five of them started jumping around in happiness, leaving their two eldest hyung freezed on their spot. Actually Jaehyung only stayed there to accompany his hyung.

"Kwenchana, Hyung?" Jaehyung patted Hyeongkon shoulder. "Isn't it great? Jiwon Nuna get really well to the kids."

Hyeongkon narrowed his eyes to him, then heave a sigh. His eyes were looked at her back who was surrounded by his kids. Smiled plastered on his lips.

"What did I do in my previous live that lead me to her?" Hyeongkon put his hand on his hips, gazing at her back then at Jaehyung.

"It's an easy question." he paused. "Because you are Kim Hyeongkon and she is Yang Jiwon. That's all."

Hyeongkon put his hand on Jaehyung's shoulder, touched by his words. "Dongsaeng-ah~ How could you say such a beautiful words?"

"Yah! Let me go!" Jaehyung struggled to let himself away from him as Hyeongkon started to hug him. "Hyung! Let me go!"

"Dongsaeng-aaah~"

"Nuna help me!" Jaehyung freed himself and hide behind Jiwon, leaving Hyeongkon stayed still on his place.

Jiwon chuckled at her dongsaeng gesture. The expression on Hyeongkon didn't do any better. He looked at them with frown on his eyebrow.

"Why do I feel like we are the kids who are scolded by their father and at last hiding on their mother back for protection?" Seungjin who were on his lollipop suddenly bursted out such a word with his innocent expression. His hyungs attention were all drown to him. "What? I just said things on my mind."

While red shade started to invade Hyeongkon's face, the unexpected reaction coming from Jiwon. She kept laughing which made all the boy's attention was given to her.

"I'll be very lucky if I got six handsome kids without even need give birth to them." Jaehyung started to laugh thanks to her random comment about them, followed by his dongsaeng-deul.

Jiwon waved her hand to Hyeongkon, sending him a gesture to come with smile on her. "What are you waiting now? Let's go, my failed prince. We need to feed these kids."

Hyeongkon felt warm on his heart. He decided not to hold himself anymore. He pulled up his hoodie and walked to her with smirk on his lips. Saw this scene, Jaehyung gestured Hyojun to 'protect' their dongsaeng.

"Let's go-- mmph."

Hyeongkon sealed her lips with his as he cupped her face gently, feeling her warm breath on his face, her sweet scent on his nose and her sweet lips on him.

"Hyojun-ah! Protect your dongsaeng's innocence!" Shout Jaehyung while dragging Sungmin and Yunyoung while Hyojun dragging the SeungSeung brothers away from their leader. "Yah, hyung! Get a room! Your kids were here!"

Hyeongkon looked at them with smirk on his face. "You will help me, right?"

Jaehyung and Hyojun could only shook their head and pushed their dongsaeng as far as possible from them, just to protect their innocence.

Meanwhile Hyeongkon still hold Jiwon on his palm, gazing on her tenderly. His gaze were return with her warm smile.

"You're not going to join them?"

He shook his head. "Not after we finished our business." and the next second, he landed his lips on her soft lips, claiming what was his. He could feel she was smiling on his lips.

"I love you, princess."

He said between their kiss.

'Thanks for being my knight, my silly prince.'

 

 

 

 

-END-