005

Decision
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was late at night and I didn’t feel like leaving my bed, but the doorbell won’t stop ringing. I grabbed my phone on the table next to my bed and looked at the clock, it was around 3 AM and I was still sleepy. I couldn’t even open my eyes, guess I was too tired but I got up from my bed anyway. Whoever ruined my sleep at that time, that person managed to do so. I opened the door and a figure landed the body on mine, I caught that person from falling and I made that person to stand up, holding the shoulders so that that person won’t fall, and studied her face. Even if it was dark, I still could recognize that person under that moonlight. The light from the moon was enough for me to know that person, it was her.

It was Park Jiyeon.

She mumbled something while closing her eyes, her lashes were still beautiful as ever, I must admit that. She was drunk, I could smell alcohol from her and judging from her condition, she was indeed drunk. She opened her eyes and looked up, flashing a smile, “Myungsoo-ya, do you miss me?” she snuggled closer to my chest, sniffing my scent and buried her face on my chest. “I love you,” she whispered, I was taken aback.

I carried her in the bridal style, walking towards my room and finally placed her body on my bed. She was still light as ever, I wondered if she ate well because she looked like she has lost some weight. I studied her face, caressing her hair and finally placed a kiss on the crown of her head. “I love you too, Jiyeona. A lot.” I placed the blanket on top of her body, trying not to make a sound. I was startled when I felt something grabbing my back and turned around.

“Don’t leave, not now.”

Okay. So I crouched down next to the bed and held her right hand, “I won’t leave.”

“Myungsoo-ya”

“Mm?”

“If you had come that day, when I called you so many times, we could have a baby right now.”

I widened my eyes, taken aback. She must be joking, right. She’s drunk, she must be saying nonsense things. She’s drunk, anything could happen. But when a person’s drunk, sometimes, or mostly, they’d say the truths all the time.

“If you weren’t busy with your schedule, you must be a father right now, right?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked, still holding her hand.

Jiyeon opened her eyes and quickly took her hand off mine. She shut her eyes for a moment, her eyes was trembling, and so her hands. I got up and sat next to her on the bed. I placed my hand on her shoulders, making her facing me. “Tell me, what happened exactly.”

She let out a sob as her lips were trembling. I pulled her closer to me and her back gently. She cried in my shoulder again and then looked up to me when she was done.

Finally, she spoke up. “That day, I was bleeding. I didn’t know what to do. I called you so many times but you didn’t answer. And so I called Sunggyu oppa and he came and he took me to the hospital. I was hurt, there was so much blood, I don’t feel like explaining the I pain I had back then. But Sunggyu was there next to me all the time and held my hand while I cried. Of course he would do that, right? After all he’s my brother. Finally a doctor came and greeted us, I never expected him to deliver a bad news. He told me that he was sorry that I lost my baby.” She paused, starting to cry and shaking hysterically. My eyes filled with tears. I had no idea that she was pregnant, my baby. It happened on that night. That night after we played music together.

“When I awoke from the surgery I was groggy and sore. I spent the night in the hospital and was discharged the next afternoon. I was only about four weeks pregnant, but the loss was still devastating to me. But you were too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter