Chapter 3

Gone and found
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3

 

 

It’s almost night but Soojung is still waiting for her brother to pick her up outside the gate of her campus. After awhile her brother still didn’t show up, she finally decides to call him. It took three rings before a faint and tired “hello” came out from her cellphone’s speaker. All of the upset feelings she had before disappears and she now feels guilty instead.

“Oppa, are you okay?”

“I’m good, you’re still at campus right? I’m almost there.”

“If it’s too troublesome for you to pick me up now, it’s okay, I can take a cab or bus from here.”

“No, don’t do that. The reason why you’re still not able to drive your own car until now is because of this worrywart brother of yours. So, wait for me, I’ll be there in five minutes.”

“But, Oppa—”

Before she could finish her sentence Jinki already hang up on her. She’s looking at her surrounding while glancing at her watch: 5.45 PM. Fortunately, she still have plenty of time to get ready for her dinner with Taemin tonight.

5.50 PM on dot, a black old fashioned BMW is now in front of her, and coming out from it is her brother still looking so neat in his formal suit even though it’s already long past his working time. He smiled at her lovingly.

“I really thought you’ve gone home early using public transport before I manage to arrived here, thank god you’re still here waiting for me.”

“I’ll be the most cruel sister in the whole world if I do that.”

“I know, I can always count on you for being a cute and kind hearted sister.” Jinki said, smiling while handing her a bar of chocolate. Soojung raises her brows at him.

“Got this from my co-workers, eat it up!”

“I feel like I’m being treated as your girlfriend today. Today must be a bad day for you.” Soojung said sarcastically at him but still take his chocolate anyway.

“This is not how I usually treat my girlfriend though, I won’t subtly handing a bar of  chocolate to her before giving her a peck on the cheek you know!” He said while pouting a little.

“Oh yeah, how romantic!”

After those love-hate conversations the Lee siblings get in the car, while chatting about  how their day went today.

Jinki and Soojung have a basic and typical sibling relationship, they borrow each other DVDs, went out to eat fast foods once in a while, went to concerts together, and sometimes sleep on the sofa together in the living room after they were watching movies on marathon.

In Soojung opinion her brother is an amazing guy, he wasn’t a born genius who doesn’t need to study to get good grades, but he work hard for them to the point he would stay at home and study weeks before the test or exams to make sure he still got in Top 3 in the whole school.

As her brother, Jinki is always good at taking care of her, from being a fun friend to hangout with to a naggy older-sister-like brother who kept reminding her to not forget to bring an umbrella whenever she went out with her friend. They fought a lot but they also spent so many happy memories as siblings. She always brags about her brother to literally anyone who wants to hear her stories and her friends called her “Jinki’s No. 1 Fan” because of it even though she always denied it.

And to be very honest Soojung is very grateful to know that Jinki also felt the same about her.

“What time Taemin’s coming to get you tonight?”

“He said he’ll come around 8, why?”

“Nothing. I’m just thinking that it’s good to see you two still getting along despite how busy both of you are lately.”

“Yeah, I feel the same.”

 

***

 

The gentle music in the restaurant made the atmosphere more romantic than usual, Taemin and Soojung sits facing each other while placing their hands on top of each other’s on the table. It’s not a fancy date or anything but both of them are still enjoying the time they spends together tonight.

“You’re so pretty.” Taemin said as he’s staring adoringly at Soojung.

“You’ve been saying that a lot tonight, but I like it.” Soojung smiles while trying hard to hides her blushes.

“How was your day today?”

“It was good, I went to have lunch with mom and I had a great time meeting my soon-to-be sister in law.”

“Ah, I just remember about that. What do you think about her? Do you think Jinki hyung and her will work out?”

“You sounds pretty excited for someone who almost forgot about this.”

“Haha, sorry. I’m just kind of curious how the meeting went for him, knowing that he never mentions anything about it to me.”

“I seriously worried at how close you and my brother are, are you sure you’re not in love with him or something?”

“Soojung, you’re just jealous right? I just want to know whether or not hyung is interested about the girl.”

“Well, I don’t think my brother like the idea of pre-arranged marriage but I think he doesn’t hate it as mush as I think he would be.”

“That’s a good sign, then.”

“Okay, we should stop talking about my brother love life now. So, how was your day?”

“It’s pretty good actually, I finally realize how stressful work can be. All of the complaints my brother said back then are pale in comparison to what I feels now.”

“Working hard is okay, but you still have to take care of yourself, don’t sleep too late, don’t forget to take your vitamins, and if giving me a ride every morning tired you out I don’t really mind going to campus with my brother.”

“What? No, no. I’m fine with it, don’t worry too much.”

“I’m fine though. But, the distance between our campus and your company is pretty far. I just don’t want to add another burden for you. Besides, my brother said it’s the right time for me to drive my own car.”

“What?”

“Yeah, that worrywart brother of mine finally decides that I’m old enough to drive my own car.”

“But hyung said you aren’t that good with driving, though.”

“Huh, seriously. I got the best score when I took my driver license class last year. Even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter